[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw some of your old friends are wildly more successful than
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 640x360
>tfw some of your old friends are wildly more successful than you
>vast majority are engineers or middling analysts/associates in finance
>one guy already became principal of a hedge fund
>another guy was made ceo of a company which just raised a 50m financing round from TPG
>one girl is a vp at Citigroup
>another guy is a director at Google
>2 are founders of startups with recent rounds of financing in the millions

Tfw I am only a lowly senior associate at a PE fund
>>
File: 1462346242161.jpg (52 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
1462346242161.jpg
52 KB, 1280x853
>>28451992
If you're going to measure your life by this, might as well kill yourself now.

My father was Head of Strategy at a major bank at 50, he cried because he wasn't the CEO or on the board. It never ends, OP, no matter how high up you are.
>>
>friend, just turned 20, just got back from a military tour, is set for life with his house and education being paid for, found a military qt, a 10/10 super sexy hispanic girl with huge tits and ass, they're getting married and the military is giving them extra benefits for doing it
>just a few years ago we were like 12 years old playing with little green army guys and watching One Piece in his room.
>>
File: 123456.jpg (13 KB, 216x233) Image search: [Google]
123456.jpg
13 KB, 216x233
>>28451992
iktf bro
>All of my hs friends except one did engineering (he went to Yale and is in med school now)
>Two are married, one more is engaged, all of them have at least a gf
>Working at big banks and tech companies all around the world
>All of them living in their own places and have active social and sex lives
>mfw I'm a barista living with my parents
>mfw I'm the only one left in my hometown
>mfw I have no friends, let alone relationships

And my parents can't seem to understand why I'm packing up and leaving to start a new life in a new city. If I'm gonna be the failure at least I'm going to do something adventurous because I have nothing tying me down
>>
>>28452083
This. There's always going to be someone better than you. Just let it go OP. Better yet get some unsuccessful friends to make you feel better about yourself.
>>
>>28452117
Time flies doesn't it?

>>28451992
OP there will always be someone in a better position than you are in. Why do you even feel bad about your friends having good jobs? You don't just cry because Bill Gates is so much more successful than you are now do you?
>>
>>28452083

Until you run your company
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.