[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I wake up around 5:30, bathed in sweat. It's getting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3
File: 1462635971996.jpg (215 KB, 1030x1520) Image search: [Google]
1462635971996.jpg
215 KB, 1030x1520
So I wake up around 5:30, bathed in sweat. It's getting light outside. I flip the covers and try to move to the other half of the bed, which is less sweaty, but everything still feels disgustingly moist. Fucking sweat.

Eventually I manage to go back to sleep, and lo and behold, I'm in my late teens again. The world I find myself in is really quite bizarre, at least the bits and pieces that I can still remember when I wake up.

A common occupation in this world is testing the damage output and behavior of StarCraft II units. The units are real, physical things, the largest ones a few inches in size, and their damage output is tested by having them attack caged pigs. Some people are strongly opposed to this practice since they consider it needlessly barbaric, and push for alternative testing methods.

I walk up outside a two-story apartment complex. There's some kind of ambulance parked in the driveway, although it's yellow and shaped like a military amphibious landing vehicle. That's apparently what ambulances look like in this world, because it seems perfectly normal to me. I guess some on-call ambulance driver lives in one of the apartments.

I'm here to meet a girl. She's a bit younger than me, perhaps two or three years. I can't quite remember what her face looks like, only that she is pretty and that her hair looks like that of the girl from Leon: The Professional. It's a much lighter shade of brown though.
>>
File: 1459451167127.jpg (277 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1459451167127.jpg
277 KB, 1920x1080
>>28440734
I feel excited and a little bit tense, but it's a good kind of tense. The girl's parents are not at home, we sit down in the kitchen and talk for a bit. I can't remember what we're talking about, only how the whole situation makes me feel. There's just a tiny drop of awkwardness in there, but like the good kind of tense that I felt before, this is not the kind of awkwardness that sticks around in the back of my head for weeks and months. It's not the kind of awkwardness that reassures me that I'm a worthless, pathetic human being that no one will ever like, not the kind that kicks off the downward spiral of anxiety and negative, shitty thoughts that tend to ruin my day and leave me hyperventilating in bed. It's a pleasant kind of awkwardness. It's a kind of awkwardness that makes both me and the girl smile and giggle, fueled by curiosity and raging hormones. It feels good. I feel excited and a little bit tense. A good kind of tense.

As we talk I briefly think of my part-time job testing StarCraft II units. The girl doesn't like that stuff, she feels sorry for the pigs. I'll get a new job. I'll do anything for her.

We're in the shower now, holy fucking shit. She has her back turned, I help soap her up. Her skin is so soft, she smells amazing. I'm getting a boner. God damn it. She turns around and smiles. I don't think she minds my over-eager boner. We stare into each other's eyes and kiss. It's not a wild, lustful tongue-in-throat-kiss. It's a little bit shy, just lips gently touching. I have never felt this good in my life.
>>
File: 1461561310388.jpg (566 KB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
1461561310388.jpg
566 KB, 2448x3264
I wake up. The bed's still sweaty, though somewhat less now. My boxers cling to my crotch, moist and uncomfortable from the sweat. I need a fresh pair.

As I get out of bed and grab my glasses I take a look around the room. My desk is so full of crap you can hardly see the surface. Cables, a laptop, network equipment. A plate, some cups, empty bags of potato chips and ice cream tubs. The floor is slightly less cluttered, but still a mess of dirty clothes and random stuff. Dust and hair is everywhere. I can't remember the last time i vacuumed this room.

I stumble across the floor, stubbing my toe against a plastic toolbox. The bathroom is dimly lit since I still haven't been assed replacing the lightbulb in the ceiling. At least the light above the mirror is still working, but I don't want to look in the mirror. I don't want to see that repulsive, ugly body. Jesus. I haven't shaved since Thursday, need to do that today. There are a couple of zits on my chest, and I've got a bit of a gut now. Kinda surprised I haven't grown even fatter yet. Guess it takes time.

The floor in the kitchen is also dirty and full of crap and empty plastic bags. It seems almost normal now, like it would be weird if I cleaned it up. More than half the kitchen bench is covered in empty beer cans. I need to recycle them, and I also need to cut back on the drinking. I can't really afford it and it doesn't really do much anymore. Just a stupid habit.

There are brown stains on the water boiler. I consider cleaning them off for a second, but I just can't be bothered right now. While the water heats up I have some cornflakes, with water since the milk went bad over the weekend. I pop my anxiety meds and down the pills with a cup of lukewarm instant coffee. The hall is so full of empty cardboard boxes that's it's hard to get to the clothes rack. I give up and leave without a jacket. Time for work. Time to do my part.

JUST
>>
I don't understand the meaning of this OP

>testing starcraft II units
Why did you choose this?
>>
>>28440813
I didn't, it was a dream. The SC2 units were probably in there because I had watched some matches from DreamHack in Austin before going to bed. Don't know where the weird-ass ambulance was from. I'm posting just so you guys can have a laugh at how completely lost I am in life, it's not to be taken too seriously or garner sympathy. Just laugh and move on.
>>
>>28440936
What kind of wagecucking do you undertake? Office or?
>>
>>28441040
State IT department, so mostly office work with a little bit of hands-on stuff and end-user support. I normally think the job is pretty okay, but since I'm having a shitty period right now I struggle with motivation and find it really hard to deal with people all the time. Hopefully it will pass in a few months, maybe I'll get around to cleaning up my apartment then.
>>
>>28440734
I kinda like this story because it seems like it's gonna be my future if I move out of my moms home. My room already looks like you described your home.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.