[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>just watched x-files >about to sleep >my head gets
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: 1462148286158.gif (637 KB, 400x222) Image search: [Google]
1462148286158.gif
637 KB, 400x222
>just watched x-files
>about to sleep
>my head gets a weird electrical feeling and I start almost dreaming about all kinds of weird stuff
>can't just stop feeling this little headache like vibration for about 20 seconds
>think I'm going to be abducted
>it stops
Is there a term for this? I wouldn't call it a nightmare, I sort of liked experiencing this. I don't have mental illness. I think I'm just tired but I'm wondering If you've ever felt it where you have a big force in your head and neck and you're dreaming a bunch of stuff.
>>
>my head gets a weird electrical feeling
Muh nigga
This has happened to me a few times
Always ended up causing me to have multi-layered dream within dream type shit. Very freaky dreams, too. Like I'd wake up in my bed, sigh with relief because I'm glad it was finally over, and then I'd see all of these little red dots everywhere and realize I was still dreaming even though everything felt real, and then I'd go back to sleep in that dream and have a more normal dream, and then "wake up" again. Shit was crazy in a kind of bad way.

At some points I wanted it to stop because I felt like I had no control over it and the feeling got a little dysphoric after awhile.
>>
File: 1462393178941.jpg (6 KB, 412x314) Image search: [Google]
1462393178941.jpg
6 KB, 412x314
HOLY SHIT DUDE this happens to me too, its like a vibration or a very high pitched sound, sometimes it feels like a thunder hitting my brain, if I fall asleep after this I get the weirdest of dreams.

I wish I was abducted, but saddly for me its linked to Sertraline aka SSRI withdrawal.
>>
>>28416214
Haha this reminds me

>be 5 years ago reading satanic shit on the internet on my bed
>decide its time for bed and rest on my bqck
>suddenly head starts shaking and feels like i was being posessed

Spooky
>>
>>28417344
iktf
>be drifting off to sleep after spooky /x/ time
>something literally feels like it's rattling in my brain
>it whispers "what do you want?" to me, and then voices from within my skull began shouting at me in this overwhelming, cacophonous whirlwind of sound
>I actually physically feel like I'm in a tornado and I'm having a seizure, can't control limbs and my eyes are rolling around everywhere
>thought I was gonna die

Scariest 30 seconds of my life.
>>
File: hmmm.png (660 KB, 1106x1012) Image search: [Google]
hmmm.png
660 KB, 1106x1012
>>28416214

its called high blood pressure
>>
>>28417376

Actually I have very low blood presure.
>>
>>28417318
Schizophrenia at the beginning
>>
>>28417369

Exploding head syndrome

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exploding_head_syndrome
>>
The vibrating feeling sounds like the onset of sleep paralysis.
>>
>>28416214
>>28417318
>>28417369
These all sound like sleep paralysis to me. Look it up.
>>
It's your energy body is making itself ready for astral projection/lucid dreaming.
>>
>>28416214
This has happened quite a few times.

It feels like the biggest struggle ever while i try to open my eyes and stay awake and not go into the abyss, its always really fucked up shit.

Can we find out what this is?
>>
>>28417483
its this, its known to affect 20% of people
>>28417418
Experts believe that EHS occurs due to the brain having problems when shutting down areas of the brain in preparation of sleep.

Usually, different parts of the brain (such as auditory, motor, and visual neurons) shut off in different stages.

With EHS, the auditory neurons may instead be activated all at once instead of shutting down properly, causing the abrupt, and often jarring, auditory hallucination. In addition, it is also postulated that with EHS, there is a delay in selected areas of the reticular formation.
[13]

Minor seizures affecting the temporal lobe[3]
Sudden shifts in middle ear components[3]
Sensory variant of a hypnic jerk or sleep start[14]
Stress and anxiety[15]
Variable and broken sleep, associated with a decline in delta sleep[10]
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.