[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm getting old, /r9k/. People are growing up and leaving
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: 20160508_020251a.jpg (191 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
20160508_020251a.jpg
191 KB, 1000x750
I'm getting old, /r9k/. People are growing up and leaving me behind. I see the changes and I can only think that so many people are fucking idiots. They're marrying their girlfriends, popping out kids, holding down jobs. They leave the party early. Everyone leaves the party early. By midnight there's nothing but trash to clean up, and bottles of wine or beer that people brought but never opened.

Nobody wants to get pleasantly sloshed and walk up a hill, look at the stars, smoke weed, ride a bike around, swim in the river, climb some trees anymore. Everyone is too busy paying off their new apartments or checking up on their baby via their security camera apps. People are spending thousands on proposing to their gfs, then tens of thousands on their weddings, where I sit alone and feel like one more train is leaving the station full of people I used to like. They're all crystallizing into old, boring normals who take no chances and never go out. They talk about politics, economics and the news, at length.

I'm 30 now, and I never want to hang around with anyone over 25. They're all squares. Life is about music and travel and experience for me, not perpetuation of the same mindless ferris wheel ride that's clogging the planet up with more mindless humans.

Why do people let this happen? Does anyone else know these feels?
>>
>Why do people let this happen?
Because the world crushed them like bugs

>Does anyone else know these feels?
I wish. I'm in the process of converting in my own strange, convoluted way. Very uncomfortable. I'm still holding onto that one thread though.
>>
>>28415019
>Nobody wants to get pleasantly sloshed and walk up a hill, look at the stars, smoke weed, ride a bike around, swim in the river, climb some trees anymore.
Don't you get it, Anon? They're the only ones creating new people to experience those things. They're making a future for us. Being an adult doesn't mean that you sacrifice all your happiness, just enough to make more happiness possible for new life.

To you, they seem mundane but there's so much more to it then that. Raising kids requires that you be mundane; the daily chores of changing diapers and preparing lunches would drive people insane if they required too much diversity in life.

>>28415019
>Life is about music and travel and experience for me
Then enjoy music, and go places. Your parents made the sacrifice of having you instead of a wheelbarrow of money so enjoy it. Maybe have some kids of your own someday if you're ready for it. But most importantly enjoy life.
>>
Same situation here. Almost.
Process manager and part time teacher. Make alot of money, but too autistic to meet girls.

What I did was find myself a young single mom who is a victim of domestic violence.

Suddenly, I am a handy man who fixes things and have a stable life.
>>
>>28415019
People who act like that are faggots.

I have friends ranging from ages 18-73. I actually went on an international adventure with a 70 year old and we hung out with South Americans on a volcano.

If people start giving off that faggot vibe where they just drop out of life, I quit talking to them. Nobody needs to act like that, it's not healthy.
>>
File: 20150117_203251a.jpg (441 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
20150117_203251a.jpg
441 KB, 1000x750
>>28415447
>>28415351
>>28415212
>>28415103

Thanks for the replies robotniks. I'll just continue to do my thing and hopefully meet more people of all ages who think like I do.
>>
>>28415212
>Don't you get it, Anon? They're the only ones creating new people to experience those things. They're making a future for us. Being an adult doesn't mean that you sacrifice all your happiness, just enough to make more happiness possible for new life.
damn i never really thought about it like that
>>
>>28415019
>Tfw by the time you finally leave your basement everyone else has now shut themselves away.
>>
>>28415019
Honestly, not even memeing, gay'll party until they die
>become a homosex or a tease
>>
>>28415019
Not only are you a normalfag, but you're a pathetic one having muh eggzistential crysis, fuck off and cry somewhere else. I suggest facebook or reddit
>>
File: 1366726084888.jpg (112 KB, 500x397) Image search: [Google]
1366726084888.jpg
112 KB, 500x397
>>28416417

You say that, but you're the only faggot ITT so far that hasn't had something useful or insightful to say. I think maybe you are the one who would fit in better at the sites you mentioned, where the average post quality is closer to yours.

Who am I kidding, you'll never fit in anywhere.
>>
>>28415019
Man, I know this feeling so damn bad.

Although at the same time that kind of life sounds kind of OK too. I'm 30 in August, and wouldn't mind "growing up," but I've kind of been left behind, especially when it comes to women. Meeting new girls is fucking impossible too, because all of my friends are settled into couple life and don't know anybody single, not that they'd be interested anyway because they probably have careers and shit and I'm still a fuckoff.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.