[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hey guys so yesterday I realized two things that shocked me and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 0684sg4y4A0b.jpg (15 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
0684sg4y4A0b.jpg
15 KB, 480x360
hey guys
so yesterday I realized two things that shocked me and I wanted to talk about it with you since I think many of you can relate.

> 1. The world today is an absolute madhouse
It's crazy, lunatic, completely nuts. And I'm not even talking about the horrible wars, child labour, rape gangs, serial killers, wagecuck-mentality and so on. I'm talking about the fact that only since roughly 80 years makind, on a somewhat broad level, has access to a pretty comfortable life, mabe even too comfortable.
Before that it was either work 24/7 for your entire fucking live (meaning about 40 years if you're super lucky) if you don't want to die off hunger, cold, poverty, disease or whatever for roughly 5,920 years. And only since 10 years we have the internet which allows us to waste time in such horrible ways that our forefathers would be ashamed and baffled by.
I'm not trying to badmouth the internet and the changes it brought to our everyday life. I just want to point out that it's been a central aspect of our lives for 0.16% of human life. And it changed everything.
There are people out there who make a living by streaming themselves playing video games.
I don't know if i could get my point across but I really think the world today is absolutely crazy and it's bound to fuck people up in one way or another.

> cont.
>>
>>28414590
> 2. I am a total fuck-up
Now here's the obvious one. There are people on here who have it way, way worse than me (abusive childhodd, raped, serious medical conditions etc) but we all - more or less - share the inability to establish a "normal", healthy social life that includes romantic relationships, friendships and a good relationship with our families.
While this may seem like a trivial observation, its true and devastating impact hit me hard yesterday.
The bottom line is that I might as well kill myself because I'm not sure if I even want to be alive. Or should be alive. In a world where nothing I do seems right and feels right, what the fuck am I supposed to do? I just can't keep up.

What are your thoughts on this?
>>
You're thinking about it too much. If you try to categorize the world, you will fail. Accept the entropy and find peace in the fact that you exist in this present moment.
>>
>>28414666
> find peace in the fact that you exist in this present moment
I think that what seperates humans from animals is a longing for an actual kind of higher purpose. Be it building houses, teaching kids or whatever. And I am scared as shit because I have no idea what my purpose is or what I want it to be.
This doesn't work.
>>
shamefully self-buming this

was the way i wrote it so shit? Nobody can relate?
>>
>>28414782
its imaginary bra, you look for it you will only find what you put there
life is play
>>
>>28415155
and what if i fail to acheive everything i put there?
>>
>>28415444
thats fine, just remember it only matters as much as you decide it does
>>
File: what pol secretly lusts after.jpg (115 KB, 700x933) Image search: [Google]
what pol secretly lusts after.jpg
115 KB, 700x933
>>28414782
>>28414600
>>28414590
You are wrong. There is no meaning to anything other than the meaning that you ascribe to it. The hardest realization of all, is the understanding that when people told you, 'you could be anything' when you grew up--they werent being hyperbolic or disingenuous. You really can do whatever you want (unless laws or civil rules stop you personally; or there's some physical or mental defect that would make it near impossible).

So, do whatever you want. Be whatever you want. You may not be able to be the best, but you can always be better than you are now.
>>
>>28415554
someone being better is imaginary, its all relative
categories are meaningless
>>
>>28415627
Yes you retard, that's what I just said. It is meaningless, unless you choose to give it meaning. If you're choosing to not give anything meaning then you may as well just sit and eat and stare at a wall for the rest of your existence, doing the bare minimum of keeping yourself alive.
>>
>>28415792
>>28415627
>>28415554
how do you guys deal with other people who seem to have exciting, awesome lives though?
Like you know where it seems they know what they're headed and how to get there?
>>
The worst lies are the ones we tell ourselves. Besides being generally good advice, you have to accept that this applies to everyone, not just you or me. Anyone who thinks their life is on a particular trajectory is just telling themselves a story about how life is supposed to be, and how badly they get hit by reality mostly reflects how willing they are to let go of the narrative or how willing they are to retcon it and accept cognitive dissonance. Really I think the latter is the account of most people's lives, that cognitive dissonance is the norm.
More broadly, I don't think anybody's life has ever made sense in any meaningful way, but most people are flexible to the nonsense of life. I think that's what it means to be happy.
>>
>>28416180
do you find happiness that way?
>>
>>28416376
Yes, but it's tricky because most people are married to their narratives, and many people who know me have stories about what my life should be like. So most of my happiness involves actually not caring about what other people think, which is also tricky.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.