[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Retail feels thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 13
File: 1459736093936.jpg (90 KB, 509x339) Image search: [Google]
1459736093936.jpg
90 KB, 509x339
>State (or country)
>specific job
>good or bad feels
So
>Academy (sports store in the South)
>cashier
>store has coupon for $5 off a purchase
>customers come up my register and try to use it
>fine print says you must spend at least $50 to use it
>multiple customers get flustered but I don't care
Okay, I can get that, it's fine print. We all forget to check it sometimes, but
>in BOLD, LARGE TEXT, coupon says to text message a code to a specific number for the store and message your email to receive promo code
>had a 3-11 shift
>literally only about 5 people walked up to my register with their promo codes open on their phones
>majority of customers get pissed off because we didn't tell them to do what the BOLD FUCKING TEXT said to do to receive your code
So how was your day retail m8s?
>>
File: image_21.jpg (53 KB, 248x242) Image search: [Google]
image_21.jpg
53 KB, 248x242
Sorry, didn't think people would be working this late, guess I'll have to try another time
>>
>>28411841

Every day, for me. Customers never read the coupons correctly, and then they get mad at ME when I tell them it won't go through.

Sometimes I can override it, but I feel like my supervisors won't like it if I do. Yet when they jump on a register it seems they just don't give a shit and do whatever. It's like no matter what happens it's my fault.
>>
i really fucking hate it when im paying for something in a department store, and they go
>"would you like to open up a tj rewards cards today?"
>no thank you
>"are you sure? youd save 15% off today!"
>no thank you
>"it only takes a minute, are you sure? you can use it at any of our stores"
>no thanks
>"its doesnt have anyy fees, its more like a rewards card. its totally free. are you really sure?"
>no!

holy fuck how many times do i have to say no before you leave me the fuck alone!
>>
>>28412363
I used to work at a tjx and Marshalls when I turned 18 and they wright you up if you don't ask customers to sign up for those dumb cards.
>>
>>28412363
we get bitched at if a certain percentage of customers don't have our rewards card or whatever
believe me, we don't want to do it either
>>
>>28411841
I work in a department store and today a woman got mad that we didn't fucking STEAM PRESS the clothes. Like you can't be bothered to put it back on the hanger once you try it on, what makes you think anyone here has the time for that shit?
>>
File: polgbt smug shrug hunk.gif (1 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
polgbt smug shrug hunk.gif
1 MB, 480x270
>Best Buy
>Arizona
>CS Sup / Admin

Im a supervisor so I basically get only shitty people or people that want to complain all day. Rarely am I helping someone that is in a good mood or not openly hostile.

>lady comes in, asks for a return back to her credit card
>ok, take receipt and return the open-box 90% off fucking generation one amazon kindle / fire whatever.
>lady: but you didnt give me money
>you're correct, I did not physically hand you money back. you paid with a credit card, so the money that you would owe on the credit card--you no longer owe
>lady: but you didnt give me money back, i want my money back, i paid good money for this and i demand a refund, i am returning it
>proceed to explain to this woman (whom is in her 40s) how credit cards work for about 20 minutes
>lady: i still dont understand you didnt give me any money back
>ma'am, I have actually never told anyone that I cant help them; but I cannot help you. I lack the ability to explain to you in a way that you will understand. I have no other ways that I can think of to explain basic banking, credit, and finance. Please leave, you will have to contact the bank if you want any further assistance.

Seriously though, I spent like 45 futile minutes trying to explain to some 40 year old woman how credit cards work and that she doesnt get cash back because she did not pay in cash.
>>
>>28412400
My store had a rewards card but nobody gives a shit about it. Managers don't tell cashiers to promote it, cashiers forget all about it. The only shit that bugs me is that the cashiers have to ask for the customers ziocode EVERY TRANSACTION. if they skip it (because most of our customers think we sell their zip code to the NSA) we get a write up after a certain amount of skips
>>
>>28412539
Lol was she Mexican? I feel like she was. Either Mexican or she had that stereotypical white "I know everything because I'm a mother"look
>>
>>28412539
Hey fellow AZbot, do you think you're job will last? All the Best Buys I know are either closed or empty most of the time.
>>
>>28412539
Working men in the south don't even fucking bother trying to explain stuff to women. When pressure washing / yard work people came to do my property, my wife got all pissed off because they asked upfront to talk business with me instead of her (I was out of town). It's like they don't even expect women to be able to manage finances or make decisions regarding money in the home. It's fucking fantastic.
>>
>>28412623
Last? No. Probably not. Its dying. Brick and mortar stores are almost a thing of the past, unless they're like really-really-really niche or walmart. They honestly cant compete with online stores like Amazon. If I were going to get into retail I'd go for something that sells necessities, eg: walmart or target or grocery stores.

>>28412607
No, I work at in a "richer" area of scottsdale. (I dont live there, im far too poor for scottsdale lol)

She was your standard white doll scottsdale clone that probably actually had no idea how money worked; now that I think about it.
>>
>>28412639
I wish. I'd be fired on the spot; and its not like all women are dumb obviously. I'd rather just not have to deal with REALLY FRUSTRATINGLY STUPID people, thats all. Male or female.
>>
>>28412539
was it the one on camelback? that one seems like the worst to work at lol
>>
3rd/2nd shift motel desk cunt in northern Georgia. Budget motel, Indian-owned, but actually extraordinarily clean and well kept-up.

Most folks are tolerable, with some of them being absolutely lovely to meet and talk to. I love talking politics, economics, firearms, or just bullshitting with people.

The only poor part is that we're of higher quality than most other motels in our franchise, so I'm always having to Jew people up from "I GOT THE SAME BRAND LAST NIGHT IN SHITHOLE, TENNESSEE AS YOU GUYS FOR 40 DOLLARS AND THEY SUCKED MY DICK N' PARKED MY CAR FOR ME"

Surprisingly few people are cunts or rude. That might be because housekeeping/other co-workers don't fuck me over and give me shit to deal with.

Not an awful job at all to have while going to school. Got the potential for a lot of down-time you can use to study.

Depending on location, it can really suck, though. Hospitality industry employs ASSTONS of white trash single mothers, oftentimes felons. These coworkers are not enjoyable to work with.
>>
>>28412363
>>28412400
>tfw there's this one cute girl who works with me and actually cares about reaching cashier goals
>tfw she tells me to sell and I actually start selling

help me

i am weak
>>
>>28412695
>>28412639

It doesn't happen often, but I've had a couple yankee females get upset that they were awoken during the night at the motel by other guests or vehicles, etc. They both came up in the morning and said that they were "going to dispute the credit card charges in whole and get all their money back because they have been with that bank for X years"

I really tried, man. I tried to explain to them that credit card companies don't just yank your money back from the recipient in totality because you weren't happy with what you got. I tried in such detail and for so long.

Sometimes if people are being intensely stupid, I'll just agree vehemently with them for the fun of it. For example, people are always being kikes and whining about hotel taxes. Sometimes I'll just loudly exclaim "You know what, you're RIGHT, sir. It is absolutely IMMORAL and UNETHICAL to excise such a ridiculously steep tax on non-residents of this state. We are currently in negotiations with both the city council and state legislature to reduce these taxes on basis of justice"

Some shit like that, but it is MIND BOGGLING that people take me completely seriously every time. It gives me such joy. Like, the fuck? How could a sentient human being really think that I'm serious with that shit?

absurdity is the highest form of humor
>>
>>28412851
Basically. My years in retail have made me numb to human beings in general. There's something oddly crazy that happens to humans that enter through a double-door-air-conditioned-archway; they suddenly forget that other human beings exist.

Like i've had people scream at me for things I couldnt have possibly done or prevented or helped or changed; like dawg, I dont own the rights to the universe. I cant fix your life idk why you're screaming at me in public because your kid broke your tv and I cant give you a refund because there's like jizz and holes in the tv.

Seriously people go FULL FUCKING RETARD when they enter a store to buy something; if they think that they've been maligned in any small or insignificant way.

I refuse to believe its an act or that its random, I legit think its some strange undercover social experiment that I just havent quite figured out yet
>>
Target
Texas
Elite Team Member (shelf stocking faggot)

Hilarious shit happened today. This sheboon told me she couldn't find the code on an item and wanted to know the price. It was a bag -- the barcode was tucked inside. I untucked the barcode and told her how to find out the price. Went about helping my guests. The sheboon walks up to Me a few minutes later and says
"just an FYI you shouldn't tell your customers to walk ALL THE WAY over there (it's literally fifteen steps). If I was an old woman you wouldn't be doing that you don't know how old I am"

I didn't make eye contact at all -- with niggers, if you don't move they'll go away. I was about to burst out laughing it was fucking ridiculous. What I really wanted to say, though, was something to the effect of "with that virility in your voice, I don't think anyone could mistake you for a woman, old or otherwise."

Holy shit if I could do that and get away with it...good fucking lord.

Anywho this other nigger tries to check out using a fake $20 and I shut his slimy ass down so hard. Wish I could call the cops.

I hate niggers to be honest.
>>
>Belk
>west virginia
>general manager
We failed a corporate audit this week. They will be back to re-audit us within 30 days. If we fail, I will probably get fired, and the owners could potentially lose their franchise. I was planning on leaving in two months anyway and I'm tempted to just put in my two weeks now. But the only reason I've been here this long is because of my (probably misguided) sense of loyalty. And pride. When I leave I want the owners to say "She was the best employee we ever had" and I don't know if I've earned that title yet, even though they've previously told me I'm the best GM they've ever had. So basically I have 30 days to figure this shit out or die trying. Wish me luck.
>>
I feel bad for retail cucks

>Make late night run to Ingles (white trash grocery store in the South right down the road from my house)
>Only one cashier there
>Guy in front of me is high as fuck on something
>Stares at me, mumbles something, then starts laughing hysterically while waving his hands around
>Cashier (some nervous looking kid) asks him if he wants his jug of milk in a bag
>The guy yells "MILK INNA BAG, BOY!" and starts laughing again
>Every time the cashier scans something, the man yells at him to put it in a bag, more and more aggressively
>>
>>28413187
Hahaa failing a corporate audit what a ducking retard. Hey girly, here's a tip: kill tourself
>>
>>28412977
I've had similar reports from damn near everyone working retail. I wouldn't consider my job as retail exactly.

It might be my attitude; I've been lucky/skilled enough to develop great social skills and affability. That's probably part of it.

But folks coming up into hotels just don't seem as bitchy as people in retail. Or GOD FORBID fast food. Every time I've gone through the drive-thru to get some grub before work, there's been some rude-ass yelling person in front of me getting greasy burgers for their entire group of spawn. Usually I try and apologize to the beset fast-food slinger on behalf of humanity.

Also luckily, I'm fairly able to turn any sort of abuse that I get into humour. Some woman was screaming at the top of her lungs at how stupid I was (hotel was sold out and she was bitchy-tired) so I just inquired exactly HOW I was exhibiting traits of lower intelligence.

Boy, how she fumed and sputtered. She wasn't very articulate...just very angry.

And I was laughing my ass off the whole time. I guess that irrationally angry people don't dig being chuckled at.
>>
Anyone else /act as nice as possible to nice retailers and make life a living hell for snippy ones/?
>>
>>28413351
Yes. If the lady is nice to me, I'll gladly be nice to her. If I have to deal with a bitch, I'll bitch right back.
Me and some close friends sometimes go to play laser tag at this place by our house. Autistic, I know. The lady there who gets you into your gear and who gives you your gun and everything is always such a bitch to us. I guess she thinks we're too old or something, but we're not even that old. I'm 18 and the oldest out of us. I'm always a cunt back to her when she's trying to piss us off.
Fucking bitches. It's always some self-important fat bitch in high school.
>>
>>28413187
If you quit you can't collect unemployment.
>>
>Sainsburys
>UK
>Meat & Fish counter

Its mostly good, there are some nice people on the department, NEVER have to go on checkouts and im somewhat skilled in stuff but goddamm some peoople can be annoying

>Can i get some fillet steak
okay how much
>that much
okay, that will be 12.45 (fuck you i want my quid symbol)
>okay thanks
ten mins pass and some manager comes by and is like
>Hey anon, i found this in the bakery isle, its no good, throw it out

FFS PEOPLE THIS SHIT IS WHY ITS EXPENSIVE

but it has its upsides, some qt grills get some stuff and we chat and they compliment me on how good i am at basic stuff like filleting a fish or cutting clean steaks n shit
>>
>>28413796
I'm leaving town anyway. I don't need the money. I could easily pay rent for two more months. Like I said I'm still there because of loyalty and pride.
>>
>>28413891
But free money. Who doesn't want free money?
>>
>delivery for pizza
>go to address
>it's an abandoned house
>call number
>Ebonics but I speak a little
>says address is right
>it isn't
>BRUUUUUUUHHHHHH ITS CARTY NOT ARTHUR
>just told me it was Arthur street
>carty is in Tennessee wtf
>go left at this stop sign I'll be at the end of the road
>not there
>bruh it's 2972 not 297
>I ordered Pizza Hut not y'all
Fucking high niggers are the worse. The in store person was retarded as well and can't write down an address properly. Meth head encounter today too, fucking Florida
>>
Who /SayNothingWhileCheckingCustomersOut/ here? I mean I'll hold a little convo when someone is being nice, but fuck, I don't know what to do when they start making "those jokes". Like " if it doesn't scan, it's free! " What do you guys do to not make it awkward? I just can't handle those jokes anymore , I'm to the point to where I rush checking out and just tell them to have a good one
>>
>>28412539
It might be that she doesn't see credit as anything other than free money, so canceling credit she never had to pay to begin with is actually a net loss for her
>>
File: 20150311_120436.jpg (1 MB, 2789x2092) Image search: [Google]
20150311_120436.jpg
1 MB, 2789x2092
>Tesco
>UK
>Delivery Driver

Jobs alright. Get to drive in the nice weather and look at all the uni sluts walk past. Sometimes get little gaps to just relax.

One thing I hate is pakis or chinks that order loads of fucking water.

>deliver over 60 bottles of water to Spanish woman who had a back operation so can't lift things
>condense loads into a tray so I have to do less trips
>had to go up and down a flight of stairs 10 times
>she says "thank you very much for that" as I'm sweating my bollocks off and panting a tiny bit
>doesn't even offer me to have one of her 17p bottles of value water

Inconsiderate twat. Proper pissed me off that did.
>>
File: 0210 - phsiFKf.jpg (47 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
0210 - phsiFKf.jpg
47 KB, 500x500
>>28411841

>walmart
>Nj
>Customer
>good feels

>Walk into walmart
>need a flash drive
>electronics employees earning their 10 dollars an hour
>walk over to it
>cut it off the lock hook with my knife
>ring it up at self check out with a box of cookies

Can you retail pre-bot employees just fuck off? you are literally worthless and waste the time of customers EVERY DAY.
>>
>tfw tranny
>tfw cashier at a busy store
>hundreds of people every day
good times
>>
>>28412400
>was working as a floor sales guy at sam's club.
>one day asked why there was such a huge turnaround for cashiers and why we always were short.
> Turns out if they don't sign at least on person up for a Sam's Club credit card a week they get written up, two weeks they are fired.
> This is in a town of about 60,000 of which maybe 20,000 payed for a sam's club membership and could shop there.

Also
>one of my bigger sales, managed to talk a guy into buying the 600 dollar outdoor grill.
>instead of being happy about moving these huge wastes of space that weren't selling, my department manger got mad at me for not getting him to sign up for the fucking credit card while he was buying the grill.
>>
>Store name
I work for a Walmart Neighborhood Market
>State
Arizona
>Specific job
Overnight stocker/back up cashier

I was off tonight so I'm just relaxing, watching tv.
>>
File: cheef.png (362 KB, 692x449) Image search: [Google]
cheef.png
362 KB, 692x449
I didn't go into my shitty retail job today, and i didn't even call or text in, it's quite a small store as well, so my presence would have definitely been missed. what can i say tomorrow? they called earlier but i didn't answer. i need a plausible excuse, can't use my senpai cos i'm n a different country. i know i'm an idiot, but someone i live with was having an 'episode' so i had to stay up real late with them, thus sleeping through my alarm this morning. PLS HALP I NEED THIS JOB BAD

>>28416693
managers are usually depressed people, who take out there frustrations on others
>>
>>28415571
>fell in love with an anon again
Please stop
>>
>Work in quiet cafe right next to a sports field
>Today there was a charity race on the sports field so we get quite a lot of business
>Cafe is also right next to a large industrial plant
>They have a lot of safety policies that we have to also abide by because we're so close
>One of the runner martial sets up a barbecue upwind of our cafe
>All the smoke is blowing in through our open patio door
>If the fire alarm goes off, I have to evacuate the cafe, line everyone up outside at the martial point and await the industrial complex's on site fire engines to turn up so they can do a safety check
>So I close the patio door so no smoke comes through
>Go back to serving customers, I'm the only bar staff present
>5 mins later the door has been opened by a customer and smoke is billowing in again
>I go close it
>Gets opened again almost immediately
>Smoke is literally pouring in through this window it is fucking obvious why I keep getting up to close it
>Put a sign on the door saying Please go around! :)
>Our main door is literally 3m away from the sliding patio door why won't people just use that
>Customers are now flustered because there is a queue because I had to keep closing the fucking door
>DOOR GETS FUCKING OPENED AGAIN
>Fucking smoke alarm goes off
>Have to evacuate the building, customers flailing around not understanding what the issue
>Line up everyone outside, race has to be temporarily put on hold as the fire engines need space to maneuver on the field
>Fire officer turns up and is understandably pissed because this is a lot of paperwork for literally nothing
>He understands though
>Grins and hands me my own fuck load of paperwork
>Called into the bosses office the next day and has a go at me for not "doing more to avoid the alarm going off"

Fuck off for fucks sake I did my fucking best its not my fault the average member of public is a fucking retard
>>
>>28417303
>Today there was a sports event
>Called into office next day

Lol
Event was yesterday

Fuck I'm so mad
>>
File: mrbnes.jpg (6 KB, 175x183) Image search: [Google]
mrbnes.jpg
6 KB, 175x183
Famila
germany
cashier and restocking the fruit isle

>cashiering roastie about 20-22 years old
>see a recently scratched off pricetag
>it doesn't scan
>meme situation "must be free"
>she's being completely serious
>don't say anything, look at her completely neutral, while typing in the article number manually
>go on
>she pays and leaves without a word
>never felt more alpha in my life

was this the first time, she tried to scam someone ? We will never know...
>>
File: IMG-20160426-WA0001.jpg (48 KB, 640x852) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160426-WA0001.jpg
48 KB, 640x852
>your store name
Bargain Buys. Like an offshoot of Poundworld. Have since left the company.

>State (or country)
Northern Ireland, UK

>specific job
Supervisor

>good or bad feels
Good

+Am in charge
+Other supervisors were chill
+Most of the staff below worked hard and didn't bitch
+Made some legit good friends
+Easy enough work, basically making sure everything looks good and nothing goes catastrophically wrong.

Bad feels
-Horrible managers. Seriously. Way too critical, micromanaged. Preferred things done fast instead of done right
-Shit money even for management position
-Grim shifts. 1-11, 6-5, shit like that
-One complete and utter cunt staff member that I hated. From day one this fat bitch was useless. Did no work and talked back.

Fuck you Alison.
>>
File: mugi-chan.jpg (67 KB, 500x677) Image search: [Google]
mugi-chan.jpg
67 KB, 500x677
Some small 24h Mini-Mart
Denmark
cashier during night shift

>bad feels

>work away my usual sturday night, selling cheap alcohol to roasties for horrendous prices
>get my usual barrage of comments, how i am a worthless fuck and how i am selling the liquor way to expensive
>be numb as usual and just want to get it over with
>boss is a jerk when there, but normally just gets drunk in the back with his friends
>next customer
>itsafuckingknife.jpg
>everyone freaks out
>beta fuck me gets robbed for the first time, but brought the last amount of cash money to the safe
>robber screams for money
>open register and give him the 1000 crones( about 130 euros/150 dollars)
>robber bails, i call cops and my drunk boss
>alll arrive at the same time and boss screams like a maniac at me for not defending the store with everything i have
>tfw he expects me to risk my life for his 1000 crones
>got fired immediatly
>fuck this asscock
>>
>>28414860
Just give them a fake "haha yeah", die a little inside and hope they stop talking.
>>
>>28416880
please respond, i need this
>>
>>28417599
That is the most illegal dismissal I have ever heard of. You could nail him to the fuckin wall m8
>>
>>28416880
I've done a few "no call no shows" in my day, everyone is gonna be pissed at you, so expect that.
Any excuse is gonna be lame, just say you forgot you had to work that day and thought it was your day off. They probably won't fire you if it's your first offense, though they certainly will fire you if you keep doing it.
>>
>>28416880
Tell them the truth m8. Exaggerate slightly about your mate. Tbh you need to speak to them soon as, every hour you don't the worse it is.
>>
Work in McDonald's. England.
Nearly a manager.
Jobs not too bad, actually get paid decent wage for my age, 18

>Take order on drive through
>"Hey anon can I get toffee sauce in my milkshake"
>Sure. That's an extra 30 pence, is that ok?
>"Yeah that's fine"
>Drive round to next window please
>Comes to my window.
>"How come there's a 30 pence dip on my order?"
>That's for your toffee sauce, we said it would be 30 pence and you said that's fine
>"Yeah but I don't want a dip"
>That's fine because we're not going to give you the dip, it's just for the sauce on your milkshake
>"Then you can't put it on my order if I don't want it. That's illegal"
>The dip isn't going in the bag sir, it's just for the sauce on your milkshake, to pay for it
>"I know but that's illegal"

I'm getting really pissed off at this point

>"You're trying to charge me for something on the menu that I didn't order, that's illegal"
>Well sauce on the milkshake isn't on the menu, so you can't have that then
>"But that's what I've ordered"
>Well it's not an official menu item and we're only prepared to give it to you if you pay 30 pence, and the only way to charge 30 pence on the till is to put through a 30 pence sauce
>"Can I speak to your manager?"

As I get the manager someone else takes the gentleman's money and he pays

He goes to the bottom window and my manager asks him if he's ok

>"Yes"

Drives off

Prick.
>>
File: 1423306212355.jpg (133 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
1423306212355.jpg
133 KB, 720x540
About to clock in at Wawa gotta sell den blunt raps and Newports. I'm not even kidding that's all people buy here I hope they die from Emphysema.

>mfw they prolly will.
>>
Chain Garden centre. been there two years, if left this job wouldn't work retail ever gain.

Pros.
Mostly older customers who are pretty relaxed, pay is above minimum rate, good team spirit, don't have to work tills, freedom to be creative with displays, out in all weathers.

Cons.
Out in all weathers, occasional ignorant customers, store manager is constantly being shuffled from branch to branch as other managers get sacked, can be VERY physical work(selling and netting150 Xmas trees in one day is tiring as fuck.)
>>
Don't feel like posting my region-specific chain. It's a department store for rich old white people, mainly.

Pros: very few niggers
Cons: all the white soccer mom harpies and senile old people

It's mother's day, and there's going to be 3 people in the huge department plus we have to manually change ads and sale signs before we close. We close early on Sundays so we're usually busy right up until the end and never have time to do all the shit we need to.

j u st
>>
>>28414860
>. Like " if it doesn't scan, it's free! " What do you guys do to not make it awkward?

Laugh,smile, say: "if only it was I'd be loading up on them too.!" simple stuff like that.
>>
>>28417599
Just contact danish worker law representative, pretty sure you have them there.
>>
>>28414860
>/SayNothingWhileCheckingCustomersOut/

I'd get fired in a week. Are you grocery or some other giant store where you can get away with this?
>>
>>28417429

This was fucking hilarious
I know those feels
>>
>>28417881
What would you get fired for?
>>
>>28417923

They'd probably make up some bullshit reason but we're supposed to be VERY FRIENDLY :) and VERY HELPFUL :D to every single customer so that they buy more shit and open credit accounts.

At the very least, I would get pulled aside for an "attitude adjustment."

Are you from outside America? This is pretty standard expectations for customer service in the US
>>
>>28414860
Just make a noise, it doesn't even have to be words
>>
>>28417952
I'm the guy from UK McDonald's. We're told to be friendly to customers but apart from that we're taught to just make the customer experience as quick for them as possible. No casual talk or anything with them. Just take their order as soon as possible so they can go
>>
>>28417969
I do this sometimes. A small chuckle usually works or a agreeing "Mmmm!"
>>
>>28417889
Seriously though, there's nothing worse than having someone like that in your team. Because if they do nothing then everyone else has to pick up the slack.

As a manager it is terrible to have to ask someone who is busy to go and so someone else's job for them BECAUSE THE OTHER PERSON IS A FAT PIECE OF SHIT WHO SHARES TOO MUCH GOD FUCKING DAMMIT I HATE ALISON
>>
>>28417303

That's a tough one m8
>>
>>28418029
I'm a starting manager at this store. We have lots of staff though, it's a mega-chain.

Whenever someone won't do their work or what I tell them, I send them home so they can't get paid. Luckily because we're a mega-chain we can all pull together and get by without them. If you're in a small store with someone who isn't working properly I wouldn't know what to do
>>
>tfw work on sunday
>>
Possibly culturally british, and then; not even that really.
>>
>>28418147
>tfw religion permits me to have a day off on Sundays, but involved in church activities all day
>>
>>28418172
>that feel when because of fucking abdul your shifts have to be on sunday every fucking week
>>
>>28418125
God I wish I had been able to do that.

It's frustrating because all they are doing is replenishment and recovery. Fill the shelf, make the shelf look nice. Not rocket science.

And yet she would stand there, chewing gum like a cow grazing in a field, and natter on to whomever she could get near.

She regularly ignored customers as well. In fact, when I walked into the store to apply for the job she ignored me when I asked for an application, and the guy beside her went and got me one.

Miss the job, it was a gift. But I don't miss her. One bad apple can really spoil the bunch.
>>
>Shoppers Drug Mart
>Corner Brook NL Canada

Most of my complaints are the usual "customers are too stupid to look at signs" or whatever. The following happened during Christmas, though

>working cash in the middle of a rush
>serve a couple of yuppie-ish looking middle aged women
>they were generally acting bitcgy during the whole transaction
>giving me grief that it was busy - even though we had all cashes open, going fast, whatever
>asked one if they had loyalty card
>no response
>asked the same, a little clearer
>got the same.
>whatever. Finished with the transaction
>"oh you forgot to ask for the shoppers card!"
>"you have to go to the supervisor to put the points on, ma'am"
>she goes over
>supervisor answered a customer service call a minute or two before, so she politely tells the customer I sent over she'll be a minute "
>about a minute later, supervisor helps the customer I sent over, with an apology again
>customer complains that answering the phone at work is unprofessional and how she'll complain to the management

After, the supervisor and I were wondering how the hell she was being unprofessional for doing her work and being polite.

Oh. The customer was about to leave her cart in between the two cash lanes. When I asked her to move it, she bitched about how she was doing my work, how rude we were, etc. We were a bit rushed (the middle of a Saturday a week or so before Christmas tend to do that), but we were all pleasant
>>
>>28418147
The worst of all possible feels. Commiserations m8.
>>
>>28412539

Why didn't you just say "I put it back onto your card" you absolute spud
>>
Small business owner here. I have my fair share of people who dont bathe, dumb people, people who try to steal, people who try to get by with stupid shit.

But one thing that absolutely triggers me every time, one thing where I cant control myself is when people don't understand the fucking concept of waiting in a line.
>>
>>28418243
These people are just cunts and they're always going to be cunts. All you can do is grit your teeth.
>>
>>28418243
bitchy, not bitcgy

>>supervisor answered a customer service call a minute or two before, so she politely tells the customer I sent over she'll be a minute "

extra " at the end. that's what i get for typing on my phone.

>>28418287
true. we joked about those bitches after they left. it was just aggravating that we were basically bending over backwards for them but it wasn't enough.
>>
File: 1453185537240.jpg (118 KB, 481x681) Image search: [Google]
1453185537240.jpg
118 KB, 481x681
>Adelaide
>Butcher

I don't know where to begin. No matter how cheap something is people here will always expect it for less. The cost of meat is going up and like most things not getting cheaper.

>Bogan looking asshole comes into store
>Buys about $80 AUD worth of meat
>"So just throw in a couple of kilos of bacon and some mince and we're good"
>Refuses to pay full price without getting free stuff
>Threatens to walk away from the store denying us of one precious customer
>Storms out in rage

But my top kek as a butcher? Customers who don't expect to spend more than thirty dollars to feed fifteen people. They're always some middle aged Stacy that is only now realizing she is going to have to pay her way like everyone else.
>>
>>28418382

>middle aged Stacy

The worst.

You can always tell who they are; wearing their former Chad husband's money, dyed blonde, too much makeup to make up for their decaying looks. They don't understand how to be treated like a normal human being once they're past their sexual prime, and still expect the royal treatment wherever they go and get offended when they don't get it. Disgusting.
>>
>>28418243
another idiot customer story. this one is from the other day

>work 4pm-midnight shift
>it's Wednesday, so one of the lottery draws is happening
>most stores that are open late or 24 hours are allowed to sell lotto until midnight (well, just before - 11:59PM)
>we usually sell until about 11PM to make it easier on the supervisor
>11:30pm a guy rolls in
>throws his stuff on the counter
>"oh i want to buy a lotto ticket!" he exclaims after i check in his stuff
>"i'm sorry sir, we stopped selling lotto at 11. you can buy one the gas station up the road."
>"oh i forgot the cutoff was 11:29."
>"no, they recently changed it from 11:29 to midnight. this happened a few months back. we usually stop selling lotto tickets here at around 11."
>he'd have none of it, despite being wrong
>>
File: bluetongue.png (464 KB, 481x518) Image search: [Google]
bluetongue.png
464 KB, 481x518
>>28418382
adelaide here too
ex butcher
coles

>working 4 years
>work my ass off
>fatass boss is typical fatass boss
>does literally fucking nothing,
>clocks off early every day, slack needs to be picked up by everyone else
>and by everyone else i mean me
>close to the end of 4th year
>lol anon some shitfuckery with your paperwork (in regards to an apprenticeship)
>so instead of paying you as a 4th year apprentice, we're going to pay you as a 1st :)
>$8 an hour reduction
>"is that right? you sure about that?"
>"yes"
>"fuck you, bye"
>walk out
>get a new job the next day at another butcher
>get a call from place i just left
>lol anon plz come back we'll pay you right again.
>nope, get fucked, hanf up
>new place kept skirting the issue on how much they were going to pay me
>pull a 60 hour week
>$500
>lol fuck you cunts
>leave

found a job at a bottle-o (can and bottle recycling depot for non aussies, people bring their drink cans back for 10 cents a piece) a few months later after a much needed short break. absolutely great

>boss is a bro
>customers are good, since we pay them, not the other way around
>boss owns the place
>has some women complain that he's under counted her return (he counted 120 cans, she claims she had 140 ($2 difference in how much she gets back
>boss says deadpan
>"one of use doesnt know how to count"
>top kek.
>boss buys a slab, crack open some beers every friday

leaving supermarket retail was the best thing i ever did. bottle-o also pays crazy well
>>
>>28416880
blame something horrible, like your mate having a drug overdose or some shit and that you spent all night in the hospital
>>
>>28417952
I worked as a cashier for over a year and i pretty much never talked to customers outside of telling them to swipe their card or answering dumb questions. Never got written up or talked to about it, miserable fucking job though.
>>
Kohls
Georgia (the state)
Cashier
>bad feels

Holy shit the people we get here. We are a clothing store that sells sub-par clothes and people go absolutely apeshit over this stuff! In georgia, it gets pretty fucking hot in May and just yesterday I rang out a woman who bought like 10 giant winter jackets just because they were on clearance! Then we got coupons and holy shit I think satan invented them. We have in store coupons and online coupons. The in store ones have barcodes on them and we can scan them but the online ones are just codes and we can't type them in or anything. People just show me their phones with the codes on them and I can't do shit and they turn into demons! There is seriously NOTHING I can do! It's just clothes. The customers just feel so entitled.
>good feels
Management and all my coworkers are awesome. We all can complain about the same type of customers and I get away with A LOT of shit I shouldn't. (Like talking back to a problem customer)
>>
Dear robots.

your shit retail jobs are actually helping you build skills for the future. everyone that has to deal with the bullshit of retail developes strong people skills. you can roll this experience into better jobs.

I worked retail for 2.5 years after college. eventually moved that experience into an outside sales job. making bank nigga!
retail makes you stronger. a building block or stepping stone.
Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.