[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
bar ettiquette for an autist
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: o-PINT-GLASS-BEER-facebook.jpg (996 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
o-PINT-GLASS-BEER-facebook.jpg
996 KB, 2000x1000
i have major social anxiety. meme disease or not i am socially reatarded. how do i go to a bar alone? do you show id at the front? do you ask for a table or sit where you want? i want beer, how do i order it? what are the code words and ettiquette? how do normies know all this?
>>
Normie's don't go to bars alone alcoholics do I've been alone many times and most of the time I get kicked out I once had a three hour conversation with a Frenchman in French which is a language I don't even speak because that how drunk i can get.
>>
Bar etiquette is something that you'll learn, especially dependent upon your region.

Mostly you sit where you want, unless it's some chain, which that's not a bar.

Just go in, ask for a beer, and drink it. When you're done, your anxiety will die.

Just make sure you actually know what you like or want before going in, most bartenders hate if you ask them for a suggestion because they get it all night long from people.

I've taken many of my permavirgin friends out and everyone comes out of their shell and learns, but drinking is only a tool to do that and if you keep that in check, it can honestly normal you out.
>>
I recommend somewhere semi-crowded on a friday or saturday night. That way, no one will pay attention to you and your autism will pass for drunkenness.

A lot of places check ID at the entrance but if they don't then you don't need to show it unless they ask.

In every bar I've been too, you don't ask for a table. Just sit wherever. Preferably don't plonk yourself down on a larger table because people in groups will be wanting those. Sitting towards one end of the bar is usually my go-to move.

Dress in a semi-formal and nondescript way and no one should bother or be bothered by you.
>>
>>28369880
>>28369874
if i have a six pack before arriving to lubricate the situation will they still serve me?
>>
You get drunk before going to the bar. Rest will sort itself out.
>>
>>28369843
go to bar. sit down. bartender should come up. tell him you want (insert drink here), or ask him whats on tap if you need to.

he'll ask for your id. give him your id, and your card if youre going to pay with that, otherwise give him cash once you get your drink.

if you dont want another drink ask him to close you out, otherwise keep drinking/ordering and keep your tab open. ask him to close your tab when you've ordered your last drink.

the end.
>>
>>28369908
That's a bit much, at that point you'd probably seem sloppy unless you drink all the time.

Drink one or two if you'd like, but it'll come much easier than you think it will.

I've been to bars all over many states and most of the time people are nice because they want those tips anyhow.

Also, it's mostly standard to tip 1 dollar per beer if you're going up to the bar to get a drink since it's busy.

If they're coming to you, you can wait and tip them all at the end and that typically saves you money.

The 1 dollar per beer makes them remember you and you'll get yours much quicker than the nontippers.

Also never snap or anything obnoxious like that, just stand near and make eye contact with them.

That's a huge failing of new bar goers, you have to make sure you treat them human and give them an indication you're waiting. Otherwise you will wait forever and send me to the bar to get your beers because they "just don't like you", when it's simply because they don't even know you're waiting for them because you don't let them know.
>>
>>28369843
>how do i go to a bar alone?
Why do you even want to do that?
>>
> Walk through the door.
> Buy a drink.
> Take a seat.

Three simple steps I follow with huge success every time.
>>
>>28369843
>how do i go to a bar alone?
other sports beckon
>>
>>28369843
Learn some common beer brands, order one you recognise that you can see behind the bar, or order something off the tap (just read it). If you want to go even simpler, you could drink a jack and coke, everywhere does them and you'll never have to worry about them not having it or forgetting it. If you're ordering a beer, the sizes are pot, schooner and pint, at least in Australia. I think pint is pretty universal and it's the one I usually go for. Alternatively, you could ask for a jug, that would last you awhile without having to go back to the bar.

Only show ID at the door if the bouncer asks you too. He'll stop you and ask for it. It can be nerve-racking, in that moment where they're staring you down but you're not sure if they're going to card you or not. Just don't run in, walk slowly so they don't have to physically stop you. I've never been carded by a bartender, because everywhere I go has had bouncers at the door. Pubs often don't have bouncers, particularly during the day, so you might be carded when ordering, but it's no big deal, just show them your ID if anyone ever asks for it.

Don't ask for a table, you can just sit wherever. A lot of bars don't have stools at the actual bar, that's more of a pub thing. Just sit at an empty table. Be aware though, it can be kinda awkward to just sit there doing nothing, drinking alone. Nobody is going to talk to you, you'll look like a weirdo. Face yourself towards a TV screen if there is one and you can get away with it, but just sitting there looking at everyone will creep people out.

There are no real code words. Normies know this from watching their families doing it while growing up, watching their friends, watching TV, etc.

To be fair, I don't think you should go to a bar alone. I get anxious at bars when I'm there with close friends, alone I'd be a total fucking mess. Just drink at home if you want to drink. If you want to meet people, then a bar isn't for you, Mr. Nervous.
>>
>>28371190
>>28369960
>>28369949
>>28369907
Being a pub-frequenting britbong, I'm glad getting drunk over here is so damn simple.

There's nothing wrong with drinking alone, nobody is even going to acknowledge you. You'll be fine OP.
>>
>>28371262
Why would you go to a bar to drink alone when you could buy a six-pack from the supermarket and do it at home.

Go to a bar with friends omg.
>>
>>28369843
It's common practice to tell the door man to fuck off right at his face. This is a sign that you're a tough cookie, and they usually get out of your way. If he ask's for I.D just laugh it off and push him aside, asking for it is more of a technicality.

When you get to the bar just yell that you want a beer, never specify which kind. It's seen as bad manners to mention specific beer types and brands.

You should always pick a seat as close to another person as possible, especially if they're a sad looking woman sitting alone. This saves room in the bar.
>>
Maybe have one/two beers before you go to get yourself in a good mood. They might check your ID at the door so just have it ready in your pocket, show it, say thanks, go in. Easy peasy. Drinking alone is fine, wait around at the bar until someone serving acknowledges you. Don't stress if they don't come to you immediately, girls usually get served first, but keep trying to make eye contact with the barmen. Ask for a pint of whatever beer you fancy, they might ask for your ID there too. It's not some special club, no code words needed for ordering beer

>>28371283
>Why would you go to a bar to drink alone when you could buy a six-pack from the supermarket and do it at home.
Not him but it's nice getting out the house. Chance to meet people too if you're up for that. Literally no one gives a shit about people drinking by themselves as long as they're not out of their mind drunk
>>
>>28371283
I don't go to bars. I go to pubs on my own. Did you even read my post?

Regardless. I like the ambience of a semi-crowded pub. It's relaxing.
>>
If you want to order something generic that still tastes decent, just walk over to the bar, sit down, ask for a Sam Adams. They may ask if you want seasonal or boston lager. They're all good, get either one. Drink it. Congrats.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.