[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is your loneliness and despair your own fault ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 11
File: stinky.png (126 KB, 528x486) Image search: [Google]
stinky.png
126 KB, 528x486
is your loneliness and despair your own fault ?
>>
bumpalaroni senpaitachi
>>
Yeah I'm hard to be around sometimes
I get annoyed with people easily and I have eccentricities that make people hate me.

I mostly keep to myself now it's just better that way.
>>
File: 200_s.gif (33 KB, 357x200) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
33 KB, 357x200
No. I tried... I really did. But people are just naturally repelled from me. I don't understand why, I'm not a creep, I look like a normal guy... but people just don't want to get close to me.

It's always been this way since I can remember. I've had sex a few times, but, as always, they eventually pull away. It's like I have this curse where, as soon as you meet me, this magical process begins where ultimately, you're not going to want to be around me.

It's okay though, I've accepted that this is just what Fate's decided for me. To be alone.
>>
no because nobody does the wrong thing willingly
>>
What do you mean by "fault"?

I'm a flawed human being like everyone else, but I always did the best I could have done, at the time, with the information and resources I had, at the time.
>>
File: 1426756622808.jpg (30 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1426756622808.jpg
30 KB, 500x375
>>28368780

Sometimes.

But despair comes rarely these days. Too much going on.
>>
File: 1449012352437.jpg (1 MB, 1800x1322) Image search: [Google]
1449012352437.jpg
1 MB, 1800x1322
>>28368883
Gtfo Plato
>>
>>28368952
im curious if you guys think that the possibility of improving your life lies in your hands, or if your happiness is ultimately dictated by unchangable factors like genetics
>>
Yes but I've learned to live with it
>>
Yes, always rejected offers to go out, pushed away friends, pushed away woman who told me they liked me.

My own fault for fucking up in life.
>>
>>28368780
Is it my fault that I have faults?
>>
File: 1460971466366.jpg (13 KB, 540x489) Image search: [Google]
1460971466366.jpg
13 KB, 540x489
>>28369003

Not that guy

why can't it be both?
>>
File: 1440564410872.jpg (74 KB, 500x493) Image search: [Google]
1440564410872.jpg
74 KB, 500x493
>>28369003
I just need a good enough reason to live, but I can't stop being an edgy nihilistic teenager
>>
>>28368780
Yes, I have social phobia and autism and I barely left my bedroom since I finished secondary school last November and barely went outside since. I just live life in front of my computer.
>>
>>28369003

I don't believe anything ultimately lies in my hands. I'm a product of my genetics and environment.

At some points in my life, my genetics and environment have pushed me to very high highs. At other times they've pushed me to incredible lows.

If it were up to "me", as some magical entity above my genetics and environment floating around controlling my brain like a crane operator, then I would have just stuck to being propelled towards the highs.

But there is no "me" like that. There's just what my brain, a collection of atoms and energy shaped by my genetics and environment (and maybe some quantum randomness) compels me to be.
>>
>>28368780
Yes im a shut in autist

Honestly it's not my complete fault though. My dad left me at a young age.
>>
>>28368998
diogenes loved socrates
>>
>>28369046
>barely left my bedroom
>barely went outside
Meant to remove the bedroom one but whatever
>>
>>28369064
Socrates yes, he was an ass to everyone else though afaik.
Doesn't Socrates argue that no one does a bad thing willingly? Do you remember what dialogue of Plato's that is?
>>
No. Upbringing fucked me up so I never developed meaningful relationships with people when I should have. Flame snuffed as a mere ember.
>>
No, b-b-blame it on the Au-a-a-au-a-autism, b-b-blame it on the au-a-a-au-a-autism
>>
>>28369041
>>28369021

i just want to know if you think change is even possible
>>
Most definitely. I make no effort to socialize and regularly drop off the face of the planet. I just have so little energy for it.
>>
File: 1453045525451.jpg (48 KB, 435x571) Image search: [Google]
1453045525451.jpg
48 KB, 435x571
no not really, I am schizoid so I prefer being alone with no friends and don't care about anything
>>
>>28369087
Seek the cinder unkindled one
>>
>>28368780
absolutely. but i didnt have the foresight when i was that young to know better
>>
>>28369098

Not him, but change isn't just possible--it's inevitable.
>>
>>28369086
it's a socratic idea that made up a lot of plato's philosophy, i don't know which dialogue he talks about it in itself, but i'm reading the laws and it influenced that for example
>>
>>28369125
change in the sense of improvement of your quality of life ?
>>
>>28369108
I'd rather find a path into the Dark and slay the reptilian jew.
>>
>>28369098
I don't know if it will 'change' but either way I am a fatalist in the sense that it is out of my control.
>>
File: 1447185188007.jpg (94 KB, 465x600) Image search: [Google]
1447185188007.jpg
94 KB, 465x600
>>28369127
For school or on your own? Favorite dialogue? How far are you into laws? I thought it was boring af. I loved the Theaetetus though
>>
>>28369098

Oh, easily.
>>
>>28368780
If free will doesn't exist, then no.
>>
>>28369158
i'm reading it on my own and i'm maybe 70% through, the other ones i've read so far are republic and symposium and out of those symposium is probably my favourite because of the humour
>>
>>28369152
Yeah fuck that Frampt guy
>>
>happiness
>sadness
>emotions
>meme arrows
>>
>>28369146

No. Change as in change.

Life is sometimes going to get better than it was a moment ago, and sometimes going to get worse than it was a moment ago.

If you make the right choices, it will get better. That's a truism, though. The right choices are the ones that will make it better by default. Otherwise they wouldn't be the right ones.

But you don't know what choices are going to be the right ones. You just have to make your best guess. You might be right, or you might be wrong.

It's a lot easier to be wrong, and it's a lot easier to destroy than to create.

But ultimately every "decision" we make is seemingly the product of a bunch of discrete particles flying around and doing weird physical shit. And even if you bring in ghosts or spirits or whatever other spook in there, that doesn't really change anything because they'd still be bound by causality or randomness.
>>
File: tables.jpg (5 KB, 188x185) Image search: [Google]
tables.jpg
5 KB, 188x185
>>28368780
yeah i lost my family for talking to some dumb whore.
Today got my ass whooped by the pleb who will most likely bang my baby mama next.
Fuck....
>>
>>28369156

Fatalism isn't the same thing as incompatibilism, man.

Fatalism is nonsensical. It's the idea that nothing you do can affect your future. That's clearly false; everything you do or don't do has a part in CREATING your future.

Incompatibilism on the other hand is the idea that the stuff you do is either predetermined or up to random variables beyond any control, which means you have no free will. Your actions will still have consequences, but you could not have but done those actions because either causality or quantum randomness compelled you to do them.

incompatibilism makes a lot more sense than fatalism.
>>
>>28368780
Yes and no

I tried to make friends at uni, but I failed, since then I isolated myself
>>
>>28368780
That depends on what's causing your loneliness and despair.

If it's caused by ugliness or autism, then no, it's not your fault.
>>
>>28369263

What do you mean by "fault"?
>>
>>28369189
I take it you are starting with the Greeks right now? I need to get reading on Aristotle and a logic book. The Organon is more rigorous than Plato fyi. You have to buckle down for Aristotle a bit. Plato is like a discussion at school and so far Aristotle is like an actual lesson. Then again I've just started the Organon and read Nichomachean Ethics. What are your reasons for reading Plato?

>that's why you read plato
>>
File: me.jpg (33 KB, 720x529) Image search: [Google]
me.jpg
33 KB, 720x529
>>28368780
Yes, entirely
>>
>>28369273
You're not responsible for your own subhuman genetics. You were just dealt a shitty hand. You never asked to be born.
>>
OP here, what do you guys think about anitnatalism ?
>>
>>28369235
They are the same thing anon.
>>
>>28369315

Okay, I agree.

But that doesn't answer the question I asked you.
>>
>>28369371
a fault is a failed action that could have been different if you had tried harder
>>
>>28369411

>a fault is a failed action that could have been different if you had tried harder

If you didn't "try harder", either there was a cause for that, or there was no cause for that (meaning the fact that you didn't try harder was not influenced by anything whatsoever, including your will or lack thereof).

If there was a cause for you not trying harder, then there was a cause to that cause, and a cause to the thing that caused that caused, stretching back in a line to before you were born.

Think about a time when you fucked up. Why did you fuck up?
>>
>>28369338
It's why I'm not having kids. I'm not going to advocate for it globally though. Just because life sucks doesn't mean there aren't people that enjoy it for decent reasons and there are flaws with a pain/pleasure scale. I like antinatalism but everyone should find their own existential path.
>>
>>28369498
so in short you deny free will and therefore my definition fo fault becomes vacuous?
>>
>>28369530

Pretty much.

Free will is bullshit. "You" are the product of your body (including your brain), and that body is shaped the way it is and behaves the way it is due to your genetics and environment.
>>
>>28369506
are you convinced by antinatalism because of your shitty genetics that would probably fuck up your offspring, or are you generally persuaded by it and just want to refuse being an egdelord ?
>>
People are assholes.
You have to act like an asshole to be friends with them.
I chose to not be an asshole, therefore I don't get along with them.
So yes, it is my fault and I couldn't be happier.
>>
>>28368780
Yes
I was an annoying little prick. And, I never socialized as a result of having no one liking me
>>
>>28368780
yes, anyone who says otherwise is delusional
>>
>>28369338

I am an antinatalist, for humans and animals alike.

Consciousness is the mother of all evils. If you're never born, nothing bad can happen to you. Nothing good can happen to you either, but you don't exist, so it doesn't matter because you'll never miss it.

It's better not to even be conceived. People should stop breeding animals and stop breeding more people and just let this whole thing die.

We all die in the end anyway and everything we ever learned or accomplished or suffered for effectively turns to nothing as far as we can tell.

And eventually the entire universe will die, too.

And all that time, millions of people and animals will be suffering so that a few can be happy until its their turn to suffer.

For what?

It's all some kind of sick joke.
>>
Yeah, I literally cut out all my friends and built a fucking shrine to this dead broad like a kook.
I could have made more friends and I decided not to because everyone I met who shared my interests was "A FUCKING FAGGOT"
Really nobody is ever going to be like her, and I guess I'll just malinger and die because I can't get over her.
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.