[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have my driver's test scheduled for tomorrow. I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: 1.png (116 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1.png
116 KB, 800x600
I have my driver's test scheduled for tomorrow. I'm a 20 year old antisocial and anxiety ridden loser. I'm your typical fat piece of shit 4chan user. I'm tired of living this way and being able to finally get myself around is a huge step forward. Anyone else here get their license late? Any tips?
>>
In conclusion no
>>
Good luck man. I failed my first test, and I haven't taken it since, but I really should. I goofed by going too fast in a playground zone, and turning when a guy was fucking crossing. Also make sure your shoulder checks are really obvious, as in exaggerate the motion a bit so the supervisor can see that you're shoulder checking, cuz my instructor noticed that my shoulder checks while they are there they were not obvious
>>
File: 2011_nissan_versa.jpg (78 KB, 612x394) Image search: [Google]
2011_nissan_versa.jpg
78 KB, 612x394
>>28346229
>Anyone else here get their license late? Any tips?

I used to be like you, ~19 and still no license, legitimately could not see myself driving and posting the same thing on here. I did it. It's not that hard, just practice and get used to it. 21 now and drive with no problems.

If say you do fail, get something small and manueverable to rent like a Nissan Versa, it's what I did and parking inbetween cars was a breeze.

Good luck OP, you can do it. Don't forget to use those turn signals.
>>
>>28346322
Thanks, my car is fucking long as fuck so I'm pretty worried about parallel parking
>>
>>28346366

I have a long wagon and never bother parallel parking, just go down a side street and park somewhere else
>>
>>28346229
I didn't get my license until I was 21. I failed it once before and afterwards my mom flipped the fuck out and I didn't even get behind the wheel for another 3 years. The only thing I practiced a lot was parallel parking. I'm 26 now and I only recall having to parallel park one time, so just get good enough at it so you can do a good enough job for the instructor. As for driving, just stay in your lane and pay attention to signs, the only important ones are the speed limit signs, stop signs, one way signs, and whether or not you can do a right turn at a red light, good luck
>>
File: TtxiTSH.jpg (6 KB, 250x245) Image search: [Google]
TtxiTSH.jpg
6 KB, 250x245
>>28346229

i sat my restricted this year (anxiety autist aswell) passed no problem, was so scared of failing though

check your rear view mirror /apposing side mirror every time you go through a roundabout or intersection

make sure you can do a 3 point turn/ u-turn / parallel park. if you hit the curb you fail [IMPORTANT]: if you dont get it exactly right position yourself and adjust until you got it. you'll only be judged where you finish up parking

if you get taken to high speeds zones & asked to speed up n overtake cars make sure you indicate before/after and when the lane starts / ends

last thing, don't forget your head checks n blindspots when turning or you could get fucked over.

good luck brah
>>
File: 1456884068033.gif (607 KB, 800x792) Image search: [Google]
1456884068033.gif
607 KB, 800x792
>>28346229
holy shit OP! are you me? I'm 22 but i also was a fat social anxiety ridden loser who got his license when i was 20. only difference now is i have a license. don't stress it like i did. i would strongly suggest highering a driving touter from a driving program. thats what i did and the driving program was connected to the dmv or dot or some shit and my instructor had some ties with the testers at the dmv and so he had me practice the EXACT route the driving instructor had me go on test day. if you don't have a instructor program like that in your state or can't afford it i would suggest finding a friend or family member and just go driving for a solid hour each day leading up to the test. i did this for like a solid month on top of the instructor lessons and aced my test. i know what its like to have anxiety but really don't stress it. its no big deal, you will put in the work and you'll be fine, just fine. trust me i was more nervous than a hostage about to be beheaded by isis while i was waiting in the car for the tester to come out and get in. but once i started my practice took over and it was smooth sailing. another piece of advice: DONT FORGET TO MAKE SURE YOUR CAR IS READY FOR TESTING BEFOREHAND. working lights, clean car, brake lights, etc etc...
>>
File: 1450180892615.jpg (155 KB, 600x934) Image search: [Google]
1450180892615.jpg
155 KB, 600x934
>23
>have failed twice so far

yeah
>>
>>28346994
also read that free driving book from the dmv like the bible front to back 5 times. until you can recite the fuckin thing in your sleep

whenever you turn look at your side mirror (whatever side you're turning) AND over your shoulder EVERY TIME you turn and change lanes. if you don't you're a no go.(ALWAYS use turn signal)

if you are in oregon i don't remember exactly but at the place i did it you weren't tested in parallel parking but instead you had to do this reverse by the side of the curb thing.
>>
I'm 23 and got my permit a few months ago. Haven't stepped on a gas pedal in my life. I will probably have a license by the time I'm 26 unless I move back to the city.
>>
>>28346229
last thing.

the results you get when your driving tester tells you your grade at the end of that drive will entirely be baste upon how much effort you put into the months before. you practice a couple times and then test, you fail. simple as that. you say "you know what? fuck it, I'm just going to devote the next month of my life into getting this license that will benefit me for life" and your test will be a breeze ended with satisfaction.
>>
>>28347323
*based upon
>>
>>28346229
>>28346994
>being fat
good god, why
>>
>>28346229
Just do it my man.

I got my license last year with a severe physical disability that affects my arms in a normal car though, because I'm too proud

If I can do it, you can too
>>
>>28346229
Got mine at 21.

I used to be anxious as fuck. I'm still kind of antisocial but not so much now thanks to my friend who would offer to drive me around with him all the time so I could slowly be exposed to the outside and learn to socialize. Big thanks to him tbhfam. He invited me to hang out with him and his car club. I was super quiet and distant to everyone, always paranoid about someone wanting to pick a fight with me or something because that's how most of my life has been. After a couple years, I slowly started to ease up and communicate with them. A few more years and now I'm mostly over my (social) anxiety. When I got my first job, I was also real hesitant about answering the phone to take orders but it was surprisingly easy to adapt to, only took a few days.

Anyway, the more regularly you practice driving before the test, the easier it'll be. Especially if you have someone who isn't a fucking retard teaching you, so you know when you're making mistakes that can cause you to fail. Also read the drivers manual a few times. I did. The most important thing to remember is right-of-way, a lot of the other shit doesn't really matter.

I aced the written test but failed my road test twice. First time because the examiner was just a fucking asshole who bullshitted and said I didn't stop at a sign (which didn't even exist). Second because I haven't been able to practice regularly, and I got lazy with stopping at intersections - I did rolling stops on the test twice, so that failed me. Third time was the charm though. So yeah, realize when you make mistakes, correct it and do it properly a lot so you won't have to think about it on the test. The less you think about what you're doing, the easier it'll be.
>>
>>28346229

It's better to be slow than fast. If they tell you to change lanes and you don't have time, then it's better to avoid risking it. They most likely won't punish you for being extra precaution but you will fail instantly if you act dangerously. Also a lot of people fail, so don't be hard on yourself if you do.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.