[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was Cloud a robot? Remember he was a scrawny loser that has
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: hqdefault.jpg (7 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
7 KB, 480x360
Was Cloud a robot? Remember he was a scrawny loser that has to cope by taking over the identity of his late Chad friend Zack and snaps when Sephiroth basically tells him his a robot. Also he dressed as strap at one point. Like many robots on /r9k/ do. Also post characters who are robots in their respective universes
>>
bump
Originalo comentarino familia
>>
>>28337461
i know an abnormal amount about final fantasy and i prefer to abstain from talking about it but here you go:

the answer is yes, probably. throughout the game cloud is met with denial of gratification and loss often and a lot of the narrative can be interpreted as having emasculating situations, with the crossdresser scene being the most prominent. very often his character is depicted (outside of gameplay) in weak situations, like being wheelchairbound for half of disc 2, or giving the black materia to sephiroth.

he struggles with communication and lies often to women, particularly tifa or aeris. he loses aeris to his foil, sephiroth, and aeris' death scene is blatantly freudian. you might as well have just said sephiroth fucked his girlfriend, and the cutscene shows a single shot announcing the masamune penetrating aeris' torso with a lot of visual volume.

cloud is obsessed with his childhood. many of the game's cutscenes call back to the traumatic events in nibelheim, where it's also discussed how he had difficulty getting along with tifa's friends (later on AVALANCHE) and was often alone.

whether or not he actually knew he lied about being in SOLDIER is open to interpretation, but by the end of disc 2 it's made clear he had been telling everyone else he had been, even though it was zack fair who had been stabbed by sephiroth in the nibelheim reactor. taking his pre and in-game comas into account as well, he has a legitimate developmental delay: during the events of FFVII he had probably only been conscious for 17 years of the 21 years of his life, and was mentally a teenager in an adults body.

advent children and the extended canon have him grappling with geostigma, the fictional terminal illness, and it's difficult to say what sort of effect that had on his personality later on due to the vague nature of the plot of the film. according to the post-AC novella he runs a bar with tifa and denzel is their adopted son, so he does get better, i guess
>>
>>28337735
I'm impressed with your knowledge of FFVII. i'm a big fan too. Small correction thought, it's actually Cloud that gets impaled by Sephiroth's Masamune at the Corel reactor
>>
>>28337735
I thought that he, being a failed Jenova experiment, was Zack, Cloud (but mostly cloud because he stayed around Tifa when she found him), and Sephiroth? You know, because Jenova could turn into whover the fuck, but being dead and all the cells just go do whatever the fuck. But yeah, I figured he was dead Zacks body infused with Jenova cells to try to make another Sephiroth, but Cloud came out anyway..... Or I just need to play that game again.
>>
>>28337855
Sorry *Nibelheim reactor*
>>
>>28337855
You're right. It's been a year or so since I played the game last, what I had meant was the first recalling of the events at Kalm had Cloud telling Zack's story instead of his own.

It's a great game.
>>
>>28337735
I was flavor blasted with knowledge
>>
>>28337735
>adopted son
Damn Cloud is so cuck
>>
>>28340301
The cells he was exposed to during the hojo experiment made him sterile as we're most who were infused with jenova cells.

It's why during the seventh month of Lucretia pregnancy she was introduced to them. As seen in dirge
>>
>>28337735
Additionally Cloud is 5'7" and Zach is 6'3"
>>
>>28340490
>Dirge
pos game tbqh
>>
>>28340825
Dirge doesn't count in my personal canon
>>
File: girl-cloud.jpg (28 KB, 600x336) Image search: [Google]
girl-cloud.jpg
28 KB, 600x336
>>28337461
>>28337735

Let's also not forget this
>>
>>28341100
not that he forgot
>>
>>28341116
>>28341100
Please refer to my original post>>28337461
>>
>>28337461
cloud isnt a robot bc he is attractive
next question
>>
>>28341152
>implying attractive people can't be robots
Oh you
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.