[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Mom wants me to get a job >She honestly expects me to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1453988007517.jpg (173 KB, 625x505) Image search: [Google]
1453988007517.jpg
173 KB, 625x505
>Mom wants me to get a job
>She honestly expects me to bother applying to retail stores
>She doesn't realize that retail is incredibly biased and will hire mostly females
>She doesn't realize that I'm asocial, so even if I did get hired I would fucking hate it
She doesn't even have a job herself.

I've done fast food before and really don't want to go back to doing that shit either. Why do people not realize that working is a means and not an end? Why do people act like working for the sake of working is a moral imperative?
I literally don't even cost anything other than food and electricity. We have a dog too, I cost a bit more than a fucking dog to upkeep so why do I have to put in orders of magnitude more work?
>>
>>28312800
Why not move out then? I mean, you have everything figured out...
>>
quit complaining and do something with your life
>>
>>28312843
Because moving out would cost exponentially more and require more labor for an inferior quality of life. If I moved out I'd literally just be working a job in order to do the exact same things I'm doing now, only with infinitely more bills to pay.
America just has a shitty culture of "gotta move out for no reason!"'
I actually have moved out before and didn't do anything different to what I'm doing now only that 1/3 of my paycheck was wasted simply on upkeep while another portion was paid in taxes. Wagecucking is really not a good deal at all.
>>28312851
There is no reason to do "something" with my life when I'm satisfied with what I have you shitty normalfag.
The only reasons that would require me to have a job to have ( car, girlfriend, independent living area ) don't appeal to me at all.
>>
>>28312800
Dog can't get a job, and dogs don't have the same rights people do.
>>
>>28312800

Food is expensive. Plus she has to cook it for you.
>>
>>28312938

How about so you can put something on your resume other than "spent 3 years at home playing video games and shitposting in my spare time."

Or is thinking ahead too much for you, sperglord? What do you plan on doing with 0 work experience?
>>
>>28312843
there's that normie arrogance again, right on que
>>
>>28312800
you're lazy and apparently it runs in the family. your mum is trying to push you not to make the same mistakes she did but it's "too late for her to change". if you want to be a waste of space that's your choice
>>
>>28312980
I dog also doesn't do chores around the house like I do. I'd say it balances out.
>>28313039
>resumes
Jewish bullshit. If you can do the job, and can prove you can do the job why the fuck does a gap in employment even matter?
It's literally just an artifact of shitty "work" culture that old people have where they think working is moral and less work is immoral.
Work smart and not hard. If there is no need to work, and it literally only costs you more to work, then why work?

No job:
>Pay for food
>Pay for electricity
Both minor expenses

Job:
>Pay for food
>Pay for electricity
>Pay for car
>Pay for insurance
>Pay for gas

You just went from costing about 50 extra dollars at most a month to now having to pay several hundred, now with significantly less free time.
>>
>>28312800
Stores might hire you for overnight stocking.
>>
>>28313198
I've applied to a couple of places for warehouse stocking already.
She knows this.
She's literally upset I haven't applied to more places.
I hasn't even been a week since I've applied to those overnight stocking shifts and she's already mad.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.