[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tumblr strikes again.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: Open book test Dumblr.png (54 KB, 669x542) Image search: [Google]
Open book test Dumblr.png
54 KB, 669x542
>there are people out there who think this is genuinely a good idea.

I don't know about you guys, but I sure love it when my doctor has to bust open her college textbook everytime I visit.
>>
>>28311810
there is a difference between a test and a task
idiots
>>
>senior year of college
>professor gives up
>says open notes open book final
>literally everyone gets an a on the final
>wow, what a great bunch of students
it's stupid and I can't understand why the tumblr cunts want it to stop being memory based
half the reason women are so dominant in school is because they have massvie hippocampi compared to men and have much more raw memory
wouldn't they want tests to cater to them even more?
>>
>>28311879
Yeah, but if you're studying Medicine or Engineering, how are you ever going to get the incentive to actually learn the material? You'll just see that you got an A and sit back for four years.
>>
>>28311918
i said that to those in the image, not OP
>>
>>28311810
You're fucking dumb if you think your doctor knows everything off the top of their head. They collaborate and look shit up every fucking day.
>>
>>28311900
Your professor is retarded, then.

It's not even just pure memory anymore for Engineering or Medicine or Law. They have practical applications now, so that you actually learn the stuff.

This is why I hate it when people say tests are just pure memory. I'd like to see them try to memorise their way into a job as a doctor. Med students and Engineering students have to actually apply what they learn, which is why open book tests are retarded.
>>
>>28311934
Oh. My bad. Sorry.

>>28311935
Of course they don't know everything, but they certainly didn't learn the vast knowledge they do have from looking at fucking textbooks during tests.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.