[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would /r9k/ raise their kids?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: 1451207778773.jpg (143 KB, 500x485) Image search: [Google]
1451207778773.jpg
143 KB, 500x485
I've always known that I wanted kids, but in recent years it's occurred to me that I would have no idea how to raise them. Obviously whatever my parents did didn't work out so well. I wouldn't want my kids to be fat, autistic losers like I was, I wouldn't want them to grow up hating their parents like I did.

So how would you do it, /r9k/? Granted you were able to have kids in your lifetime, how would you parent them? What do you think your parents did wrong?
>>
Bumping for discussion
Talk to me, robots.
>>
>>28293706
i'd train them in cocksucking at an early age, it's family tradition. i come from a long line of renowned fellatists
>>
>>28293706
Not sure at all, but I would probably have them learn to do things at an early age such as chores. Make that shit a habit so that they grow used to it so it becomes an everyday routine. Had to do that shit later in life and it was a huge pain in the ass to get done.

Get them to socialize, if they have a childhood friend try to keep them around as long as possible to make sure they at least have someone to talk to if they don't have a sibling.

Don't let them on the fucking internet for a while. That shit ruins people and I don't want them becoming those Minecraft fuckers or end up here like I am.

That's all I've got right now.
>>
Raise them as tho they are adults. But understand thet they are kids and make sure that ypu are bot to hard on them but dont give them too much leway. My parents did that with my older brother and he is respected and is a chemical engineer. I was babbyed and look at me fat and on r9k all day.
>>
>>28293706

Also if I'd found a girl who'll accept me (and I don't believe is gonna happen), I'd avoid to have kids.
Having a kid in this sick world, and seeing him/her suffering through all life as I did, it would a crime I'll ever feel guilty of.
>>
>>28293706
I really want kids and I want to be a good parent, so does my partner. My parents were kind of shit...

I don't want to be emotionally neglectful or physically neglectful like my parents. My dad was always around but basically 110% absent, never hugged or kissed me or said anything nice to me. Just completely blank and emotionless. I suspect he never even wanted me, because he had two other kids and basically left them.

But at least he wasn't like my mom who yells all the time and nitpicks everything I do. I'm never raising my voice at my children.

Both of them were never around when I was growing up and I had no siblings, so kek I'm a robot.

I don't want to place standards too high that they can't reach and make them feel like gigantic failures for not achieving them. My mom nitpicks everything I do, to the point where I think most of my low self esteem and low confidence comes from her. She points out all my flaws everyday, and when I'm around other people they sort of just go "huh? you're not that bad"

My aunt on the other hand was a great mom. She spent all the time with her two daughters, literally everyday she'd be teaching them how to read, taking them to the park, taking them to see friends, cooking with them, teaching them to draw (she was an artist by trade) etc. They were 8 and 9 when she passed away and they already spoke three languages and were so sociable and friendly. After she passed away, the girls came to live with my mom for a month. It was apparent to everyone how shitty my parents were because their uncle took them in almost instantly afterwards.

I just want to make them feel loved and spend lots of time with them but not smother them or be overprotective, just want them to be well-adjusted.

Sorry for the wall of text.
>>
>>28294990
Oh, I forgot to ask that despite being neglectful my parents never let me have friends growing up, and still act very gingerly whenever I have friends around. Basically my mom wanted me to sit around as a live-in maid/chef and pine for her all day. She gave birth expecting a slave tbqh, fuck that, I just want a good loving family (probably because I never felt loved or happy in my own.)
>>
>>28294442
I always thought the same, that I'd raise my kids away from screens, but how will you avoid the resentment that your child will undoubtedly have for you if all his/her friends are on the internet and he/she's not allowed?

My own mother distanced me from having any friends by not letting me watch certain channels, use the internet, have a phone etc when all my classmates and peers did. It distanced me from everyone and I hated her for it. So how will you get around that?

>>28294493
>Raise them as tho they are adults.
This is a good start. Treating them like "children" aka like idiots will never be a good start to their little lives.
But how do you know what is or isn't too hard on them, or what is or isn't too much leeway?

>>28294990
>I just want to make them feel loved and spend lots of time with them but not smother them or be overprotective, just want them to be well-adjusted.
But how will you know where the happy medium is? No one goes about parenting thinking they're doing the wrong thing.
>>28295037
>Basically my mom wanted me to sit around as a live-in maid/chef and pine for her all day.
My mom was/is the exact same way towards me and my younger brother, but for some reason treats the youngest sister like a goddess that could do no wrong - even though she's a super Stacy and is probably sucking tons of dick by now (she's 19).
>>
File: 1448404013398.jpg (484 KB, 750x1000) Image search: [Google]
1448404013398.jpg
484 KB, 750x1000
Every morning before school
>>
I'd obviously avoid it as much as I can. If I had to though, I'd be strict, offer little leniency, but at the same time offer a lot of freedom. So long as they use that freedom wisely, they get to keep it.
>>
bump for additional input
How do you know what is too much, or what is not enough?
How do you keep up with the changing times?
>>
If it's a boy, same as my parents. If it's a girl move to the middle of nowhere and do everything to protect her.
>>
Been raising my daughter on my own for awhile, I'm worried about how she could turn out but I'm trying to do well by her, teach her about responsibility and self respect and stuff. At least she isn't into the usual stuff girls her age are.
>>
assuming it's a boy, i'd pretty much treat him like i'm his 10-years-older brother while still having a dad role. like, i'd talk to him about real topics instead of "how was school?", let him cuss mildly past age 11-12, let him miss school when he feels like it every couple of months; but i'd still make him do some chores and punish him for being a little shit. Not too manchild, not too strict
>>
>>28296431
I think I've seen you posting around.
How old is she now? How'd you end up taking care of her by yourself? What kind of stuff is she into?
>>
>>28293706
The only reason I've ever been motivated to have a kid, was to screw it, but I don't have that kind of patience. And if it were a boy, it'd not look like a girl much past around 16, so I'd not want anything but a daughter, unless I fed the son m2f meds. I'm not 14 anymore so it'd be too weird an age difference so no kids for me, now that I'm 27 I'd probably not even like sex pretty much by the time she's old enough, me being like 45.

>tfw raised in foster care so I have no father complex like some normshit
>>
I wouldn't raise kids, because I would never have kids.

>Falling for the kids meme.
>>
>>28293706

I would beat the shit out of my kids and get them to develop an instinctual fear of me to where they start sweating and shaking and having panic attacks when they think they hear me come home from work. I'd randomly overreact to minor issues like them forgetting to take out the trash one day but then I'd ignore them completely when they come to me with a serious problem like not being able to learn how to read. I'd also drink and then start telling them I hate the sound of their voice or the way they walk so they learn to hate themselves for basic physiological traits they have little control over. A couple times once their older I'd have a drinking buddy go into their room at two or three in the morning when they're fast asleep and molest them. Then when they'd tell me what happened I'd beat them for lying and make them question whether or not they confused a vivid dream with reality. And after they finally move out, I'd refer to the past in any subsequent conversations we'd have in a way that suggested I did them many favors and that they should feel guilty for not being more grateful.

Oh wait, no, that's how my dad raised us.
>>
>>28297136
Why do you assume your father 'had' his drinking buddy molest you?
>>
>>28296798
Still 9. When we lived with my parents they helped me to take care of her, but when I moved out to get an apartment she came with me, so we're on our own now. She's into academic and I guess nerdier types of things. She reads a lot and is starting to get into traditional games. She also likes other stuff that I do, so it's kind of hard to tell if she enjoys them for my sake or because of my influence on her.
>>
>No siblings, and I, the father, would be very involved.
>No fucking yelling in the house, my house being a constant loud shit flinging mess gave me anxiety.
>Healthy diet and regular exercise.
>Only patrician vidya.
>>
File: cuck post.jpg (29 KB, 248x239) Image search: [Google]
cuck post.jpg
29 KB, 248x239
>why are you cuck posting?
>I always cuck post when I'm having a bad day
>but you cuck post every day.
>>
>>28297306
I mean.. what happened to the mom?
That's cool that she's into traditional games and stuff like that. I don't think you have to worry that she's doing it just to impress you. Children pick up hobbies that interest them from their parents, but she wouldn't force herself to do it if she didn't like it.
>>
>>28299204
Her mother, after she had her she up and left. Didn't give us a reason or a heads up, just disappeared after having the baby and we haven't seen or heard from her since.
>>
>>28299319
that's absolutely wacky. you never tried to find her or get child support? that's just so weird, you don't hear stories like that every day.
if I might ask - was the pregnancy planned, or just an accident? were you guys in a relationship? how old are you now?
>>
>>28293706
>having children
literally kill yourself
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antinatalism
creating life is evil
>>
>>28299806
We tried to find her at first, but that soon gave way to a bigger focus on taking care of the baby. It wasn't planned no, and we weren't in a relationship at the time. At least not a proper one. I'm 22 still.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.