[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
who /alcoholic/ here have tried getting sober but my body wont
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 1461570123034.png (539 KB, 1288x969) Image search: [Google]
1461570123034.png
539 KB, 1288x969
who /alcoholic/ here

have tried getting sober but my body wont fuckin let me, worse thing isnt how shit i feel physically though, i keep getting drunk as hell and embarassing myself, like on a nightly basis.
>>
I don't complain. I wanna drink even more than I do.
I hate being alive. I wanna die. The only thing I enjoy is being fuckes up.
I don't enjoy friends or sex or love. I don't give a shit about money. All I care about is getting drunk.
I'm proud of being a drunk. At least I do something that makes me happy.
>>
My doc is marijuana but I have some input.

I use to love drinking to the point of complete numbness and sometimes embarrassing myself but as time went on my body started to tolerate alcohol less and less. When I drink to excess nowadays the feelings of dehydration, exhaustion and head tension limit the enjoyment of any activities I do at the time. Benzos can produce a similar experience while bypassing the dehydration and head tension but the addictive qualities and blackout risks are much more pronounced. I think sitting around alone being fucked up just isn't fun anymore no matter how fucked up you are.
>>
Yeah, I'm 22 and have been drinking myself to sleep every night for about 3 years. I was at my worst when I was 21 in terms of volume consumed and reason for consumption (severe depression). Now I'm doing better and have found that I can drink less and still eventually get tired. Like, last night I drank a glass of red wine with dinner and sipped a tall Asahi until I was dead tired.

Fun fact: the level of alcohol in the blood reaches its peak 30-60 minutes after consumption. If you keep this in mind when you drink, you are less likely to find yourself straight fucked up/hating your life the next morning. Since I've learned that, I've been doing a lot more sipping and a lot less chugging, since what I'm really after is sleep, and I can just sip 'til that eventual wave of tiredness comes on me.
>>
Seemingly out of no where I can't drink anymore without terrible side effects. Just like 3 beers and a few hours later I'll get all the side effects of a terrible hangover, head ache, sick to my stomach etc. Used to have 10+ drinks no problem. Its really weird. Anyone else experience this?
>>
File: 1458716373349.jpg (13 KB, 885x642) Image search: [Google]
1458716373349.jpg
13 KB, 885x642
Almost got hooked on alcohol. When I went cold turkey on the weed, it got hard to fall asleep at night. Literally would lay there in my bed, pitch black in my room for hours because I wouldn't smoke. I finally turned 21 in December and abused the shit out of the privilege. Was able to drink a half pint a night. Even though its not like OMG What the fuck are you doing? But to me it was alot because I remember when I couldn't drink 2 beers without throwing it up. I was getting numb drunk seeing double every night to go to sleep. Dealt with alot of hangovers at work which blew major ass.
I finally started smoking weed again and I barely even drink anymore, but Jan. and Feb. and halfway into March was just alcohol season for me.
I mean Im sad and all but I mostly drank to help me sleep. Sometimes for fun, sometimes for the numbness if I had a bad day. Never drank with people though, must be nice to get drunk with your buds.
>>
I'm a druggie not an alcoholic, but just as a word of advice, be really careful with quitting alcohol, the DT's can really fuck you up.
>>
alcoholics are such pussies

they know exactly what their problem is yet the find every reason in the book not to treat it

>muh physical dependence
>muh depression
>muh lifelong drinking habits
>muh """""""""disease"""""""""

you deserve to suffer
>>
>>28286234
Drink water and Gatorade for a couple days you can drink all you want as long as you're eating healthy. The definition of alcoholic has changed from the 1950's to now. They say if you drink twice a week now you are an alcoholic.
>>
>>28286715
i drink over a liter of bourbon a night
>>
>>28286650
Well, you are sort of right, but young people who are worried about becoming alcoholics can't rationally make appeals to the "lifelong habit" or "disease". It's true that people become physically dependent upon alcohol. It's also true that people drink because they're depressed and become more depressed because they drink.

I don't know if you're just shitposting or being edgy or if you're legitimately trying to give a wake-up call to anons here.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.