[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Escapism
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: magic doesn't exist.jpg (82 KB, 902x713) Image search: [Google]
magic doesn't exist.jpg
82 KB, 902x713
Life is awful.

It isn't like one's books or movies or games. It's boring and uninteresting at best, and downright painful and torturous at its best. There's no such thing as superpowers or magic; there's no adventures or treasures to be found, or grand mysteries accessible to laymen requiring only bravery and determination; no fantastical cities or strange lands, no monsters or villains or hot aliens or spirits.

It's considered a "good" life if one manages to secure a job where one sits down all day doing something that isn't interesting in order to earn some representations of paper in order to pay for some necessities and luxuries, rinse and repeat. That is the literal definition of a "good" life.
>>
Do you ever read true crime novels?
>>
Yep, the world's dogshit alright.

I wish religion was real so at least there'd be an explanation for why everything sucks (the fall of man).
>>
>>28265102
>It's considered a "good" life if one manages to secure a job where one sits down all day doing something that isn't interesting in order to earn some representations of paper in order to pay for some necessities and luxuries, rinse and repeat.
This has always bothered me as well. We can't even make an attempt to have an adventure in the real world because traveling costs a fortune and you would have to jump through thousands of hoops to get time off of a job for it.

My only hope now is in:
1. VR taking off (this may take longer than previously thought considering the price)
2. Space exploration (slim chance of happening while I'm still alive even though I'm just 18)
>>
That's why space exploration interests me, but we're going nowhere with that

I hope Elon makes it to Mars
>>
>>28265239
Wait until goverments around the world realizes how useful for pacification is VR, just after machines start to replace low skill jobs
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.