[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone ever found antidepressants like Prozac or Abilify
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 20160429_23_34_19.png (11 KB, 226x223) Image search: [Google]
20160429_23_34_19.png
11 KB, 226x223
Has anyone ever found antidepressants like Prozac or Abilify to be helpful in boosting general well being or sense of direction in life?

I've taken both but I feel like they just distract from real issues.
>>
I'm on both. They seem to help day to day. They aren't Valium though
>>
I've done a lot of psychological work on myself over the past few years and was on a few different antidepressants. Currently on a small dosage of Escatalopram (lexapro) for mood stability, before that I was also on abilify and before that prozac.

I've heard it differs from person to person but I would say they helped. Its kinda one of those things where I only notice the effects in the negative. That is, I only notice the effects of me not taking my dosages for a period of time but when I stay true to my dosage it just feels "normal."

Overall I would say they aren't going to make you happy per-say but they will improve your mood stability. Your low points won't be as low and you'll feel more like you can function through your depression. Things may not seem all smiles and sunshine but they won't seem anywhere near as bleak either to the point where when you're on the meds it seems silly that things seemed so bad in the first place.

Of course I would also recommend either seeing someone or reading up on cognitive behavioral therapy and trying to work on that as the meds are more for symptom treatment and it's up to you to put in the effort to actual fix those problems. The meds just make it so you feel like you can.
>>
>>28224197
I've been on brintellix for 4 months. It's made me pissed at everything. I'm moving to zoloft tomorrow. I don't expect anything different.
>>
>>28224513

Thanks for taking the time to post.

This is my 1st day in a long time without any medication. It went fine. I have abilify, adderall and prozac at my disposal. Im thinking about taking all 3 on a less busy day at work to see the difference.

The month I spent on Abilify + Amp was stable, prosuctive, but I felt a bit slow mentally and it seemed like others tried to take advantage of my willingness to help.

The Prozac alone brings me up to a point where I can sustain a higher level of social interaction but it seems off, like somehow fake or forced.

Things seem to go more smoothly when I just keep quiet.

I know I should be able to talk to my psych about all this but he just asks me what drugs I want and thats pretty much it.
>>
Abilify isn't an antidepressant, it's an antipsychotic used as an adjunct to antidepressants. It's effectiveness is dubious at best as are the potential drawbacks relative to the benefits.
>>
>>28224766

Right, I had the 'tards for a while. Tardive akathesia. :^)

But it seemed to level me out. Sometimes I cross the line between overanalyzing things and paranoid delusions.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.