[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Sent out dozens of applications in the past three days >It's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
>Sent out dozens of applications in the past three days
>It's mostly futile with the occasional cocktease email that likely won't lead any further
Is this what dating is like?
>>
Get into pickup - you'll meet weirdos and probably even will be one of them, but I did it and i've managed to bang 12 girls in the last year and a half (after only 3 between the age of 18 and 22).

But yes, that's exactly what dating is like from my perspective. get 4 numbers over the weekend, text the 3 that seemed so solid, get 1 decent convo going and one with a couple of replies then she stops texting. The decent convo you get her to agree to a date and pray she doesn't flake closer to the time. about 50% of those will flake. So 16 numbers gets 2 dates, and of the 2 dates, 1 will bang.

rinse and repeat, become desensitised, meet nice, hot girls who are interested in you but by this point you're feeling like girls are a dime a dozen and a girl being interested in you is no longer enough to get you hooked. Lose the ability to get excited about a potential girlfriend, but hey, at least you can get laid now.

Hmm.
>>
>>24149133
don't do this.

if you want any chance of being happy, get off /r9k/, go to the gym, get hobbies, better yourself. nobody will love you if you try to manipulate people.
>>
>>24149176
Yeah. i don't know how to stop now though. I live with another guy who's into going out and hitting on girls. I don't have any other hobbies, and if I stop I won't have any other way to meet girls. Might have been an error on my part.
>>
File: 1365285417543.jpg (20 KB, 559x568) Image search: [Google]
1365285417543.jpg
20 KB, 559x568
>>24149133
Pro-tip you're not unhappy because you can't get girls, this faggot is a sucide basketcase in the making.
Listen to >>24149176
>>
>>24149133
>Lose the ability to get excited about a potential girlfriend

You act like not being emotionally invested over a person you just met is somehow a bad thing.
>>
>>24149250
how old are you? are you in college, or do you work?
>>
>>24149250
Could just go hang out with the roommate just saying senpai
>>
File: image.png (23 KB, 998x851) Image search: [Google]
image.png
23 KB, 998x851
Oh god I just got laid off, just filled out unemployment, and I have serious anxiety idk how to even begin applying for jobs jfc

Right now living at my moms being a NEET. 24 yrs old btw
>>
>>24148917

Just go to UPS/FedEx and become holiday delivery helper. They will hire ANYONE this time of year.
>>
>>24149176
>nobody will love you if you manipulate people

This is absolutely wrong. Manipulation is all relationships are.
>>
>>24149306
I work. College was good times, surrounded by friends, loads of time for hobbies etc. Real life is harder, I'm not proactive with meeting up with friends so the only person i see regularly outside of work is my flatmate.
>>
>>24148917
>applications

oh fuck you aren't that one guy who writes out a fucking cover letter and writes "- Op" at the bottom do you? I kek so hard when guys send that copy and paste shit.
>>
File: 1444850731759.jpg (33 KB, 514x536) Image search: [Google]
1444850731759.jpg
33 KB, 514x536
>>24149366
Talk to your mother Anon
>>
>>24149383
Its how professionals tell you to make them, what are you meant to do?
>>
>>24149387
All she does is manipulate my dad and do shit behind his back.
>>
>>24149326
I'm 25, live with mom, and basically have been laid off (hours reduced, will be cut entirely in a few weeks). They say if I re-apply in six months I probably can come back as that's the standard but doing the math my unemployment might run out by then.

Anyway, what I'm saying is it will get easier with each app you submit.
>>
>>24149366
a relationship is a 2-way street, not one person dominating another.

>>24149367
I'm assuming you're in your 20's or thereabouts, so time is on your side. I know it's a bit of a cliche, but honestly, going to the gym will really help you feel better/more confident. you don't have to go mad with it, just an hour or so 3-4 times a week.
>>
>>24149454
I'm very surprised
>>
>>24149428
Not him, but I try to throw in a few unique sentences in every app, specific to the type of job I'm applying for. I don't rewrite the whole fucking letter though, that's nuts.
>>
>>24149356
don't those jobs drug test?
>>
>>24149176
You'll build a quick relationship through manipulation, but it's ultimately week. Once the other person realizes they're being manipulated they'll want to get away too.

An acquaintance of mine is basically a sociopath and he's always wondering why people don't "really" seem to like him, or call him up to hang out. It's because his shenanigans are obvious to anyone who's hung out with him more than once and people don't want to deal with it.
>>
>>24149641
Thats a meme man, as if they give a shit
>>
>>24149641

No. Not for seasonal helpers. You just ride around with a driver all day and run packages up to houses. You don't operate any trucks/equipment as a helper.
>>
>print out resume's
>go drive to actual places
>apply in person
>"you can apply on the website"
>but i am here right now sir
>"we'll get back to you if you do the process online"

that's how the majority of the places treated the process. only the small shops didn't do the online thing... which i didn't end up getting hired. no emails, no faxes, calls back, smoke signals, nada. what has happened?

Do i need to constantly annoy my future employer by filling out their online application once a week for them to notice me?
>>
File: 1408923702546.png (1 MB, 919x720) Image search: [Google]
1408923702546.png
1 MB, 919x720
>>24149829
This is exactly what I imagine would happen if I went with CVs in hand but my folks still constantly harp at me as if I'm not even looking for a job if I don't.
I think they're just in a major generational gap and think the route with the most effort must be the most efficient
>>
>>24149659
>>24149745
Ah, thanks for the advice, but I'm mostly applying for stuff within my field. But if nothing turns up between now and December I will definitely look into that.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.