[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else feel like it's selfish to have kids? My friend
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 1347130395833.jpg (129 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1347130395833.jpg
129 KB, 640x480
Anyone else feel like it's selfish to have kids?
My friend told me that I need to have kids cause 'the world needs smart people to have children or else the world will end up like that movie Idiocracy". I wanted to explain to him that I don't want to have any kids because there is always the chance of something going wrong, like them being born physically or mentally handicapped or just being ugly. Instead I mumbled something out about actually being a bigger dumbass than he thinks.
What's the point of creating another human being with all the fleeting joys and horrible realities of being sentient? To me it's better off not existing at all even if a kid is born relatively normal. The only arguments I can think of for having kids are selfish ones rooted in pride, such as wanting to continue your lineage or fitting in with other adults. I wouldn't want to force my kid to deal with the daily struggle of life, but maybe I'm the one actually being selfish in thinking my kids will end up being negative assholes with too much time on their hands thinking about existential crisis and all that other pseudo intellectual bullshit like me. Maybe they will like life more than I do.

Weird thing is I'm not even sure why I'm thinking about kids when I've never even been with a girl.
>>
normeis are selfish to have kids, especially the poor. this is what usually happens when a poor working-class fag has a kid
>working wageslave job
>struggling to pay bills and feed family
>the kid does bad in school because a combination of dumb genes passed down by parents, parent's can't even do basic maths, and thinking all there is in life is to pop out kids and work, work, and work
>people kid grows up with are dumb and or bad
>get into trouble
>knock up whore
>repeat
>>
File: 1428103959231.jpg (56 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
1428103959231.jpg
56 KB, 645x773
>>24146562
>such as wanting to continue your lineage
>selfish

Um, nigger what? If you are in fact intelligent or have good genes, procreating would be one of the most selfless acts you could do for the future of your society.

Intelligent people not breeding is the cancer killing society.

You're complaining about having kids being selfish, but what you fail to realize is that procreating serves a larger purpose than just fulfilling your needs, it contributes towards your civilization. You wanna talk about selfishness, your nihilistic view of "They'll just suffer anyway" is incredibly self-centered. Also, there's a component to raising children that cannot be known to those who haven't done it, it changes you psychologically and when you do eventually decide to procreate with a good mate, you'll know.
>>
>>24146562

>sacrificing your life to raise another
>selfish
>>
>>24146798
I think his audience is for stupid people.
>>
>>24146798
Intelligent people see the futility of human life and understand that procreating just brings more suffering. What is the value of human progress? Why is it worth the suffering of an unborn individual? Procreation is pure habit and instinct, you are being delusional if you see any actual value in it.
>>
>>24146798
I'm not really focusing so much on society as I am on the kids themselves. I'm just wondering who benefits the most from a person being born, whether its that baby or its the parents.
>>
>>24146927
>Intelligent people see the futility of human life and understand that procreating just brings more suffering
This is painfully fallacious and you're stupid for thinking so.
>What is the value of human progress?
It's different for many, and for those who think there is none- well perhaps they've yet to discover it; why stop the search because you have no answers at the present moment? Will you persevere or die like a coward?

>Procreation is pure habit and instinct, you are being delusional if you see any actual value in it.
You're being ignorant for thinking it has none. Your existence is predicated upon the blood, sweat, and tears of your forebears- to forfeit that is a betrayal and insult to your lineage. Perhaps you aren't worthy of their legacy, in which case you should end yourself now as your only purpose now is consumption of resources that could be put to better use.
>>
>>24146798
What we really need is for it to become socially unacceptable for those with bad genetics to reproduce and reward them (it's the only way) for not doing so. Reverse for people with good genetics. There shouldn't be any shame in not producing children, it should be an honor to have them.
>>
have these cunts ever heard of the term overpopulation? smdh senpai
>>
>>24147204
Aren't you being selfish taking a gamble on your kids life? What if they end up deformed?
>>
>>24147204
Any meaning is subjective anyway. You may or may not see, I personally don't, but the suffering is real. You can't put others to suffering for your beliefs. It called ethics.
>to forfeit that is a betrayal and insult to your lineage
It is your ego telling you this.
>You're being ignorant for thinking it has none.
You're being ignorant for thinking anything has any meaning. Humans are too easily manipulated by their emotions. It is our programming to think like that. An honourable thing for us to do would be to deny it and end human life. But that won't happen of course.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.