[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Heaven
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 9
File: image.jpg (14 KB, 255x198) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14 KB, 255x198
If it does exist, what do you think it's like?

And what do you think it SHOULD be like?
>>
>>28246924
I don't think it exists how Christians do, I'm a pagan; but what I hope it is is green forests and mountains with beautiful pure rivers and snow. I want there to be wolves and deer and other animals there with me too. I want it to be pure untouched nature.
>>
I certainly wouldn't want to live on clouds. Living in the country would be far preferable, especially after being taken away by my parents to live in a city.

As to what it's actually like, if it exists, no idea. If there is a God then I can't claim to make sense of anything He does, and therefore any guess on what He has in mind for an afterlife.
>>
>>28247094
Basically this but it could use some cloud palace aesthetic too, as well as whimsical magic shit. Voluntary incorporealness is another must too, imo.

Also no carnivory either, and, if feasible, no eating at all. No place can be called "good" while conscious beings are forced to eat each other to survive.

Although sometimes I also think of heaven as living in a dark and incredibly peaceful place with a bunch of ayylmaos. The stars are always visible, and we could sense every part of the universe/multiverse without having to be distinctly involved in it. Just peace, quiet and satiated curiosity forever. No fighting because ayylmaos have dat telepathy, no need for misunderstanding. Everyone would be like family, coworkers, best buddies and lovers all rolled into one all the time.
>>
I don't hold out hope for an afterlife, but if there is one, and assuming I go to the good side, than there couldn't be any niggers.
>>
Your most desire dreams and realities unfold in heaven.

Plus some unfathomable things which attribute to eternity
>>
the answer to the question as to how existence began.

at some point there was nothing, but then where did something come from? and if there was always something, where did it come from?

it's so incomprehensible to me
>>
Exactly as the Mormons describe.

Kind of actually makes sense I me in a philosophical way, though don't really believe in an afterlife desu.
>>
I'd hope it would be manipuable. Like, you could choose if you wanted to talk with your ancestors, you could learn all the secrets of the universe, you could make a scenario like be the main character in a movie or be s soldier in a war. Whatever you want, really. That's what I'm hoping for.
>>
File: comfy-pepe.jpg (16 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
comfy-pepe.jpg
16 KB, 480x360
>>28247705
>get to live forever as a popular Columbine High student, pre-massacre, though you're friends with eric and dylan, and know that you're living an alternate history where they won't ever go through with their plans
>>
File: image.jpg (53 KB, 610x638) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53 KB, 610x638
I think you would loose all the prejudices and live only spiritually, im sure all of you have that feeling of hapiness and right doing like when you help or truly love someone and you know youre soing it right, i think in heaven you will feel that way and god will unveil a lot of questions you had in your life, you would not be able to describe it physically until you trascend unto that plane, thats how i see it
>>
>>28248411
I think that there's a lot of stuff that our brains can't comprehend that will make sense if we progress to that higher plane. I feel like what
>>28247643 posed will be answered.

Also what
>>28247284 said. No need for food, and to that I would add no sexual desire either. Those were means to build ourselves in a way that our physical vessels could understand, but we will no longer need in the afterlife.
>>
File: 1459033337252.jpg (2 MB, 2000x2311) Image search: [Google]
1459033337252.jpg
2 MB, 2000x2311
>>28246924
>Uhm.. You don't get to bring friends.
>>
I like to think that only those who uphold their moral codes throughout life are permitted there, and that otherwise it is exactly like here.

I would love living if it had not been for people lacking decency.
>qt grill jumps on Chad dick
She's a degenerate slut
>Not respected due to not going to parties
Parties are immoral
>Friends betraying you
Betrayal is the worst sin

Why should heaven be like a cheat-coded game? Why would it be nice to gorge on petty pleasures in heaven, as opposed to overcoming all struggles by your own power of will alone given the above conditions?
>>
>>28249526
you're a holy guy
>>
File: fedoraa.jpg (38 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
fedoraa.jpg
38 KB, 1280x720
>>28249542
>ban degeneracy

>>>/pol/ is that way, muh man
>>
oh let's stir the honeypot
depression is a construct
heaven is a package deal
you don't need proof to know it's real
>>
>>2824956,6
for thou

whats the next step of your master plan?
>>
>>28247689
Continual progression, for those unfamiliar with what he's talking about.

Joseph smith once said that if we could know just how much work would be required of us after this life to reach our full potential, that many of us would just give up.
>>
>>28249882
Thanks for clarifying, senpai. I thought he was talking about the different levels of Heaven. wasn't even aware of this concept

>continual progression

But it does end EVENTUALLY, right?
Also, how do you progress if there's no longer a satanic force tempting you to do evil?
>>
sleeping forever
>>
>heaven doesn't exist
>seamlessly transition into a new consciousness
>no memories, your old self is gone forever
>can't escape the cycle

It's a scarier thought than oblivion desu
>>
>>28246924
no heaven is not a cloudy place with pearly golden gates. Dont attribute worldly items to heaven. think more abstract.

God is love and when you die you become part of god again. so imagine feeling the highest from of love for all eternity. death is simply a transition. to deny that god exists like an atheist is only punishing yourself cuz you're saying love doesnt exist. you are only burrying a deep dark hole of depression for yourself and will die lonely and sad. and after death you will be without love for all eternity. and this is hell. youll be lost, wont know what to do because the only chance you ever had to know love was while you were alive and now its too late.. that would be afwul right? its not god punishing you for not believing in him and sending you to a lake of fire. again, this is too "worldy".
>>
I hope it's filled with futa's that will fuck your brains out
>>
>>28250618
>>28250693
>lsd is a spiritual tool, maaaan! It enlightens you more than some corporate stooge in a robe could maaaannnn!! It's just demonized because they want to keep people from seeing the bigger picture, that way they can control you maaaannnnnnn!!!

MAANNNNNN!!!
>>
>>28251305
>I don't pay attention to anything that goes on in the world
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-science-psychedelic-idUSKCN0X82B2
>>
>>28251305
why are you bringing drugs into this. what does this have to do with drugs? i never mentioned tripping of acid in my post.
>>
File: image.jpg (71 KB, 600x562) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71 KB, 600x562
In Heaven, all your shitposts get 400+ (you)'s
>>
File: 1455485240643.png (254 KB, 560x416) Image search: [Google]
1455485240643.png
254 KB, 560x416
>wanting to go to heaven
>not wanting to sleep in the nothingness that awaits us

Heaven, to me, would be hell. I was talking to a muslim and he was telling me that they believe in Paradise. That they will get 2 wives that loves him after they die. But then what about his wife from before? Is she just to accept that? Doesn't she get a heaven? And these two wives, are they even human and born from a loving mother? Or are they just a flesh shaped form of a human programmed to love me and only me. Then what is the difference between AI sexbots being programmed to love you and those women in Paradise? Isn't it all artificial then? Isn't that was heaven is. Your artificial idea of Heaven. You would be living in a illusion that was never ending.

Fuck that. Just let me rest eternally.
>>
God tells me he loves me and forgives me for not being the person I should have been.
>>
>what do you think it SHOULD be like?

Working a farm on the edge of the forest with a cute Spanish, French, or Slavic wife.
>>
>>28251550
>implying you're not being trolled hard
That's not god you're talking to friendo...
>>
>>28251537
>is against virtual reality

m8 if that version was how it worked i'm sure it would FEEL real, which is all that matters.
>>
i don't want heaven, i just want this ride to end
>>
File: tumblr_mer414dnNG1rlovcdo1_500.jpg (72 KB, 500x376) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mer414dnNG1rlovcdo1_500.jpg
72 KB, 500x376
>>28251788
Everyone would want heaven, bro! (Unless of course you are a Mexican gangster...)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbPeFs7uDLM
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.