[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
RIDDLE ME THIS, GENIUSES. >everything in the universe is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: VSxsyxs7.jpg (42 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
VSxsyxs7.jpg
42 KB, 512x512
RIDDLE ME THIS, GENIUSES.

>everything in the universe is the product of the laws of nature

>our consciousness is derived from our brains, which is matter that is indivisible from the universe.

>nothing we say, think or do is unnatural. Unnatural behavior cannot exist.

>our effects on earth is no different than the sun shining or volcanoes erupting.

>man made climate change cannot exist because because earth is an abstraction that cannot be removed from its components.

How's that global warming meme going for ya, slaves?
>>
>>28122647
>man made climate change cannot exist because because earth is an abstraction that cannot be removed from its components

whatever you're attempting to say here is mystifying
is it that "man made" climate change is merely "universal climate change" because determinism, nevermind that mankind is deterministically the primary accelerator of it?

i mean, this is kind of pedantic, you know that right
>>
>>28122647
Anyone claiming human activity is responsible for global warming says so in total ignorance of the evidence.

The reasoning is that industrialisation releases co2. Co2 is a greenhouse gas that stimulates global temperature to rise.

But this ignores several interesting pieces of evidence and considerations. The first is that atmospheric co2 has reached several times its current level in the past, before human history. It has done this naturally. Why is human industrial activity considered so disruptive?

It also isolates greenhouse gasses as sole contributor to global temperature increase. Sunlight intensity is totally ignored. Are we becoming more proximate to the sun, is it shining more brightly? Why are only human industrial factors considered?

We are experiencing a warning period. This is undeniable. Causally linking it to industrial activity is fallacious.
>>
>>28122647
decent b8 i guess. mind if i reblog it on /x/?
>>
>>28122811
prior to mass extinction events

mass extinction events are natural. you don't just deplete resources through devouring them. there's also acidification of the environment, which was a factor in a majority of all the worlds mass extinction events

other than that, yeah, people are technology addicted fuckwit chronic masturbators. we're hypnotized by our computer screens and our destruction, in all likelihood, is as inevitable as any other physical reaction in nature.
>>
>but we are still cursed with the ability to think and feel in ideals, which other matter for some reason can't
>we can impose ideas of right and wrong onto reality
>it isn't truly a product of ourselves, though, it is just the universe's way of opposing and self-referentially altering itself

Sheer madness m8s
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.