[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Darkest Fears thread? >Being immortal, drifting through
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6
File: 6CweFL8.jpg (16 KB, 395x395) Image search: [Google]
6CweFL8.jpg
16 KB, 395x395
Darkest Fears thread?

>Being immortal, drifting through space forever with nothing but your own mind for eternity
>>
>>28082170

>Everyone is in on a joke / plan, intentionally making your life hell for the amusement of the world
>>
Drifting thru space forever is definitely not fun to think about
>>
File: 1320126105199.jpg (57 KB, 401x299) Image search: [Google]
1320126105199.jpg
57 KB, 401x299
>>28082170
here we go
>all of the countless weeks and months and years I've spent on therapy and medication will not help
>the meds will stop working, I'll be left with all the side effects and go back to how things were before
>I'll slowly go back to losing my mind
>the mania will set in
>I'll start hurting people again
>I'll get caught with my pants down on top of a corpse and it will get media attention
>my friends and family and employer and everyone I've ever known will find out that I'm a necrophile
>I'll be taken away to prison stark raving mad, trying to attack everyone that attempts to get at me, unaware of where I am or what's going on and completely unable to defend myself
>they'll be forced to put me in a mental institution for everyone's safety
>I'll be sedated at all times, appropriately turned into the living dead, forced to live out the rest of my long life in a padded cell, not even allowed to wear shoelaces or use a pen
>people will come to visit me and tell me what a freak and a monster I am, tell me they'll never visit again and sure enough they'll all eventually stop coming
>I'll die alone, tied down, drooling on myself, a fucking cancer on society, with nothing to show for everything I've done
>>
>>28082170

>Losing one of my senses, such as going blind.

It's pretty much a death sentence if you're lonely.
>>
having a child and them ending up getting abused/raped and I'm powerless to help them

having someone who I believe loves me tell me that they don't actually, they were just pretending or using me or cheating, etc etc
>>
>>28082321
Damn you've really thought this through, sounds like you've already made steps towards this and are panicking about the rest being a horrible downfall, you'll be okay anon
>>
>>28082170
Why don't we use this as a punishment? Blast some criminals into space, suit them up with a month's worth of oxygen and push them into the abyss.
>>
>>28082170
Yeah, immortality in any way is pretty close to the worst thing imaginable in my book. The only thing worse than endless boredom is endless suffering.

Basically, the idea of "endless" is what's terrifying.
>>
>>28082374
thanks man
I've come dangerously close to having this happen to me before, and I've got OCD, and one of the things that I obsess over is what would happen if I lost my mind again. I think about it all the fucking time, it's brutal
I really hope everything will be okay
>>
>>28082384
Because they'll colonize Mars just like the British did with Australia
>>
Sometimes I worry that I'm always shouting or really really dumb and everyone's too nice to tell me the "truth" even though everything in my life tells me the opposite, it's just a fear I have.

Also having to rely on someone else, I hate being dependent and hopefully will die before I get old enough to need help or get into a fatal accident (if surviving meant I would need help for the rest of my life). I'm not saying people who need help are anything less, it's just that I hate needing someone to do something for me that I could do myself.
My grandmother has Parkinsons and if I ever find out I have it, that'll be the end of me right then and there
>>
I had a dream that my imaginary wife sent me a snapchat of her at the park with some dudes cum on her face with our daughter.
She then took rubbed the cum from her face onto our daughters mouth.
She said "she's not yours."
>>
File: 1460941568644.jpg (5 KB, 205x246) Image search: [Google]
1460941568644.jpg
5 KB, 205x246
>>28082170
Being on that ocean planet from interstellar.

Had to close my eyes senpai
>>
I'm terrified that everyone will realize that they only spend time with me / keep me around because I slowly break things around them and push away other potential supports just so they'll have to rely on me
>>
>>28082874
Play subnautica
>>
I fear that the first fucking 22 years of my life spent on going to school will amount to nothing
>>
>>28082170
hahahah what
>>
>>28082861
>Imaginary wife
>>
>>28082861
>She then took rubbed the cum from her face onto our daughters mouth.
that's kind of hot but the rest of it is spooky
>>
>>28082861
wait, wait. what did she look like?
>>
File: homu.jpg (94 KB, 604x396) Image search: [Google]
homu.jpg
94 KB, 604x396
losing my eyesight

if I lose my eyesight, I will have literally nothing to live for
>>
File: old-04.jpg (52 KB, 400x274) Image search: [Google]
old-04.jpg
52 KB, 400x274
>>28082170
A few months ago I dreamed that I was almost 50 years old, that in only 15 years I would be a "senior citizen" and that my death was looming before me. I ran from person to person in my dream trying to tell them that I wasn't actually that old, that it was some kind of mistake, but everyone just shook their heads at the senile old man.

I woke up panting, covered in sweat and shivering, and then gasped in relief as I realized it was only a dream. Then an icy cold fist clutched my heart in its grip as I realized with utter horror... I *AM* ALMOST 50.
>>
>>28083422
I'm going slowly blind, anon. I have a rare form of glaucoma called pigmentary dispersion syndrome. My eyes are malformed, so that every time my irises open and close, the pigment gets scraped off and forms a slurry which gums up the trabecular meshwork which is supposed to drain fluid from the eyes. By the time I started getting double vision and they spotted it, I had already suffered serious and permanent damage to the optic nerve. I'm on medication now which slows down the rate I'm losing my vision, but doesn't stop it. They just hope to slow it down long enough for me to die of something first.

The scary thing about glaucoma, anon, is that there are no symptoms at all. At least, none until it's already wreaked terrible and irreversible damage. They call it "the silent stealer of sight." You could have glaucoma right this very second and be going blind and never know.
>>
>>28082170
>having a woman legitimately show interest in me
>having a woman initiate contact
I don't give a fuck about buttrape in prison or if sharks suddenly grew legs, the notion that some functioning, halfway normal female, would find me as a suitable partner, scares me shitless.
>>
>>28083670
Shit.

Everything I do relies entirely on my eyesight. There's no way for me to possibly do any of them while blind. I would kill myself without a second thought.

I'm so sorry for your suffering, anon. You have not deepest sympathies. I honestly hope that there's something they can do in the near future.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.