[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some beliefs your parents drilled into you, or you ended
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4
File: bestseal.jpg (115 KB, 540x360) Image search: [Google]
bestseal.jpg
115 KB, 540x360
What are some beliefs your parents drilled into you, or you ended up learning from what your parents did?
>>
File: image.jpg (46 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46 KB, 512x384
I was discouraged from watching American cartoons or using American slang words or mannerisms.
>>
>>28045628
To be cheap as hell despite my dad making $114k a year. It sucks because you get what you pay for. If you buy something cheap it'll be flimsy and break.

On the bright side I have about 21k saved up. Inb4 Jewish jokes, I'm Catholic.
>>
To never take risks and be clean.

Now I'm an autistic adult who is OCD about cleanliness and tidiness and afraid of the world. I haven't vomitted in 20 years (grade 3)

I'm terrified of doing anything that involves risks; so I basically never leave the house. I can't get disability because I'm not autistic enough according to the experts.

I've never drunk alcohol or taken drugs or done anything "risky".

My parents aren't religious or anything either, just extremely OCD about saftey and cleanliness and I'm like them x 1000
>>
>>28045888
I was the same, that brands are 'just a name' until I ended up having to buy those brands because the cheap stuff is low tier.

They're never "just the same"
>>
>>28045628
i usually find this meme hard to believe because my parents both worked all day and i only talked to them like an hour every week about sports and grades.

from 12 i rarely ever agreed with my parents on anything because they were raised in a totally different time and culture. my biggest flaw as a kid was that i couldn't stop lying about everything, yet my parents fundamentally believed in telling the truth even if it meant being rude and provocative.

but anyway, i guess my dad taught me to overcome a handful of problems that he probably shared with me growing up. any time i have anxiety or keep changing my mind about something as simple as getting up in the morning or apologizing to my wife or whatever, i usually go back to some of his words about "get over the 'can't'" and it helps. i definitely got an earlier start than a lot of people because i was disciplined to work hard all the time by my parents. i also probably have more self confidence now because my parents were both pretty successful despite taking huge risks in life, and i learned from their example how to approach careers and transitions in life i guess. i had shit confidence as a kid, nobody respected me.
>>
File: 1458410807881.jpg (788 KB, 1295x1943) Image search: [Google]
1458410807881.jpg
788 KB, 1295x1943
Tidyness and don't waste money like a retard from my mum, discipline & traditional values from my dad.
>>
File: SoTired.jpg (259 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
SoTired.jpg
259 KB, 1280x720
>>28045628
The depression,procrastination and misanthropy and lonliness have gotten so bad I don`t even leave my house unless I have to. She was a single mother,there were two of us,I can understand that,but why did you bring me here? There`s only suffering here. Why did you pick him? You knew he wasnt a good person,you knew he wasnt faithful. I just want to be loved.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.