[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are you ever self conscious about your accent? I'm an Americuck
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: HxGTJky.jpg (31 KB, 787x409) Image search: [Google]
HxGTJky.jpg
31 KB, 787x409
Are you ever self conscious about your accent?
I'm an Americuck and very insecure at times for some reason that I can't really pinpoint. However, most of my foreign friends also seem to be insecure when it comes to their accent. Is it that widespread of a thing?
>>
Canadian here. Stupidest. Accent. Ever.
>>
I'm somewhat insecure about mine. It's not that bad and sounds more like a mixture between fakey English accent and a slight Finnish one.
>>
>grow up in the southern US
>spend a lot of time online
>get called dumb redneck and hillbilly a lot
>learn to speak without an accent
>learn to speak with a deeper voice to hide age

>older now
>almost zero accent, natives dont think im native
>voice is deep as fuck and kinda bizarre

>abroad, girls keep telling me how cute southern accents are

FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK
>>
>>28042572
OP here.
I fucking know every one of these feelings you are stating. Feels very bad.
>>
No I'm from London so my accent is the correct accent by default
>>
Not really.
I'm australian and all australians sound like nasally sunburnt niggers with the dumbest slang in all creation.

But fucking eurotrash and burgers love it.
>>
>>28042521
People make fun of me for mine all the time, but to be honest I don't really care
>>
"American" accent isn't very specific, America has so many different accents depending on city and region you need to specify exactly where in America you're from.

As an American I love British accents but can't Australian accents.
>>
File: 1458002273629.jpg (31 KB, 599x462) Image search: [Google]
1458002273629.jpg
31 KB, 599x462
>>28042521
>tfw you can never do a leave like snek can
>>
I accept the fact that I talk fucking weird. i generally think slowly when it comes to social situations so when I try to speak at a normal speed my sentences are almost always constructed backwards or out of order. I know a lot of idioms and in just about any situation I can think of one for the situation and I try to use them to streamline my conversation but this backfires frequently as I forget how they go most of the time. I grew up speaking mainly to ghetto people but somehow I came out with a quasi country accent
>>
>>28042883
OP.
I, personally, am from a shitty part of the west coast.
If I relax and talk in my normal way, I sound like a thug.
When I stop relaxing and start focusing on sounding proper, I either sound like a little girl or like a super cynical, condescending person.
>>
>>28042521
Im a kiwi m8. I just sound normal
>>
>grew up in california with all mexicans
>talk just like them
>parents both half mexican half white
I don't speak spanish so it's a little confusing for people.
>>
>>28043037
>>28043219 here
I can relate so much.
>>
>>28043219
you are basically me

>>28043037
we /socal/ here?
>>
>>28043345
Second guy you responded to.
I bounced mostly between california and nevada my entire life.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.