[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Experiences with SSRIs/anti-depressants
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: antidepressant.png (160 KB, 289x217) Image search: [Google]
antidepressant.png
160 KB, 289x217
I've been advised by a psychiatric nurse that I should give them a try, was wondering if someone here could share any experiences with them?

For me I'd use them to help against depression and anxiety, with both these issues getting worse lately due to some bad shit and elevated drug abuse.
I can't get anything done, and just dwell more into myself and have depressive memories pop up randomly.
Feeling like a numb zombie would be better if it could make me move forward.

Seems great if they really live up to their name, i.e. flattens your emotions, inhibiting depressive feelings. I understand that they don't make you happy, but removing depression seems good.

Its effects on one's libido do not seem too bad temporarily either, with a lot of shit going on at the moment I can't for the love of life find gf.

So what are your experiences with 'em?
Did you take any other drugs (illegal or legal) as well?
Would recommend or not?
>>
>>27954237

There's no reason to not trying them.
But do understand that you might need to try a hella lot of 'em before you find the one that works for you.

I've been on and off a lot of different ones. Some didn't give me an effect at all and some only gave me side effects.

And if SSRI doesn't work for ya, then you'll probably try SNRI, which for me worked quite well. Although if I forgot to take them one day, I'd feel like I was hungover the day after.
And when I decided I was suffering too many side effects from them, I had to slowly reduce the dosage which made me feel like I was a little hungover for months.
>>
Celexa was a big swing and a miss for me. I'm willing to stay on Wellbutrin though.
>>
Please note that they can be hell to get off again. If they don't work for you, tapering down and stopping can give you even more anxiety - among other things.
>>
I've tried many...prozac, paxil, remeron, zoloft, effexor, lexapro. I was on Lexapro the longest and it worked the best at helping me move forward somewhat. My doctor now has me on Effexor again as he says it's good for "PTSD". I've done the benzos too for anxiety and am addicted to Klonopin. I've been taking daily for almost 2 years and my dosage was not as effective so I started going overboard with how much I was taking and ran out 2 weeks before I could get a refill. I got sick as fuck, couldn't sleep at all, was grinding my teeth, refused to talk to anyone. As soon as I got my refill and started taking it again I felt pretty much instantly better. Klonopin is kind of a miracle drug, it doesn't give me motivation really but stops obsessive thinking where I can just relax and even communicate with people somewhat normally. My doctor upped my dosage so I wouldn't go take too much and run out again but his plan is to eventually taper me off the drug completely...which sucks because I need it.
>>
>>27955406
I don't want to hear it dude, you are fucked.
>>
>>27955508
that's rude
-op

also, hypnotic benzo-alike pills are chill af, much better than soft benzos like oxazepam
>>
>>27954237
They're OK for normie tier depression or depression caused by lack of excitement.

If you have depression caused by anxiety/low self esteem or add, there's a lot better options. For both conditions I just stated, the emsam patch (selegeline) is absolutely God tier
>>
Trazadone its the best because it doesn't make you go limp

In some cases it gives you random strong boners
>>
>>27955897
Also wellbutrin + ssri combo is pretty good. A maoi like emsam or parnate is better. Modafinil + ssri is even better than that, but the best combo (and my current one) is an SSRI+ vyvanse.
>>
>>27955928
Trazodone knocks you out though, and leaves you still tired the next day
>>
They did nothing and made it hard to cum and gave me brain zaps for a month or two.
>>
>>27955958
true that, i take trazodone for insomnia
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.