[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Please Help Me, Wagecuck Wizards of /r9k/!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 0022 - g0SJsTM.jpg (94 KB, 422x408) Image search: [Google]
0022 - g0SJsTM.jpg
94 KB, 422x408
I DESPERATELY need some advice on how to handle the problems I have working in fast food. If anyone here has experience with this shit and have mastered the ways of being a wagecuck, please help.

I got a job a month ago working fast food, and it was scary as fuck at first, but now I have settled into it and I have gone from being scared of it but excited about it to almost dreading going into work for the following reasons:

>The hours feel like they go on forever
I get either 4, 5, or 6 hour shifts, with working days depending on who is doing what. I mainly do front counter 98% of the time but rarely cook. This week I work 4 days, 2 in a row(the 2 in a row starts tomorrow)and the hours feel like they just go on forever.

I try my very best to not look at the clock and stay busy, but sometimes in those brief seconds between rushes when I can think, I instantly wonder how long I've been there and my self awareness returns and hits me like a bus. It sucks.

The hours aren't even long shiftwise, but Jesus as someone who used to sit on their ass all day, it really fucking feels long and like I have no time left. I do not mean to insult anyone who actually does work their ass off, but it's just how I feel.
[cont]
>>
>>27947367
>I have horrible coworkers/managers some days
Some days I get a bad schedule with shit coworkers/a shit manager, and they act passive aggressive as fuck and talk down to me and it really fucking annoys the fuck out of me and pisses me off. I try with 99% of my being to stay patient around these jerks, but God damn is it hard. So far, I have somehow managed to completely contain my rage. I don't know how. It's very surprising just how bad a mediocre day of wagecuckery can go from mediocre to pure Hell just by people being assholes.

>I fuck up orders from time to time
I keep on occasionally fucking up orders, and although it wasn't nearly as bad as it was before, I still go a day where I think I'll get the day out without fucking a single thing up, but then I fuck up one persons order and it just hangs over my head for the rest of the day and I feel like shit. I think maybe the anxiety of fucking up makes me screw up.

>The STRESS when a rush comes
Usually, I have to take orders, and if I'm lucky, someone will be dropping fries and putting the fries and chicken bites and shit in the bag and sending it up to the drive through window or taking it out. But I have had times where I was the only person on the front counter, so I had to juggle doing the orders, making the fries and sending the orders out, and, making fucking shakes. I look up at the screen we have showing all the orders and I feel horrible anxiety and stress from it. How the fuck do I keep calm?

Please help me wagecuck warriors of /r9k/, please help me before I go insane.
>>
Say you're retarded to the government and become a NEET. Free NEETBux flow in.

Origami
>>
Quit and become neet master race
>>
>>27947367

Whatever your problem is, remember that no one gives a fuck. Customers at fast food places treat you like shit and expect the worst. Do as half assed of a job as possible. Got an order wrong? Ignore it and move on. Most customers are too spineless to complain.
Rich white people tend to complain the most, followed by blacks.
>>
>>27947414
I don't want to though... Well, I do and I don't. I have been practically neo-capitalist for the past 3 years, mostly in part due to /pol/ programming me, and the thought of becoming as low as a lazy nignog doesn't make me feel so hot. I like the job itself, its just these three problems make me fucking want to kill myself.

That, and my family will be sorely disappointed. Can't bear the thought of letting my old man down. He gives alot for me. Makes me feel shitty even thinking about going neet.
>>
>>27947469
#15dollarsperhour #minimumwage #minimum effort
>>
Bump.
I have work tomorrow and I feel a mix of fear, dread, and anger.
>>
>>27947909
As someone who has worked fast food and is now a line cook at a mid price restaurant, whenever I find myself getting stressed I just take a step back, realise none of it matters then just work. Worst case scenario you get fired and find another minimum wage job that works you too hard.
>>
>>27948260
I think the root of it is just fear of looking like a dumbass. I seek validation. I am insecure. Shit sucks.
>>
>I have horrible co-workers/managers some days
don't let the bastards grind you down. if you're really fucked up you can try baiting into fucking something up and then use that story as an anecdote to seem interesting to important strangers

>I fuck up orders from time to time
you'll get better

>The STRESS when a rush comes
accept death as your final destiny and the pointlessness of it all.

>>27948260
there are other chefs on r9k? fuck.
>>
Op just kill self it will be better.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.