[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>read a book >forget what you read That's why I lack
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: pepe reading feels.jpg (385 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
pepe reading feels.jpg
385 KB, 800x600
>read a book
>forget what you read

That's why I lack motivation to study.
>>
You have to find a form of studying that works for you. A private tutor can help you study better.
>>
Pretty much normal, it takes a while to figure out how to absorb stuff. Some people need to take a shitload of notes, others can read through scientific books full of equations and remember it the first time around. Sometimes the ones who have to take notes end up remembering and cataloging it better.

If you're starting off your reading, try some books with less characters. That's kids are started off with books like Holes; there's no need to match up multiple storylines and pay attention to loads of character development.

Though if you do want to rape your mind full of characters and take your whole life reading a book series, look up the Wheel of Time.

A good one start with though, a classic whose meme has stuck around longer than anything else, is The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
>>
>>27932025
>paying someone for sharing wikipedia knowledge

stacy pls
>>
>>27932082
But I already read books, but I mainly read fictional books, like Cornwell, Dostoyevsky, Tolstoy, Asimov, etc.

I can enjoy the reading, even if I have struggle sometimes remembering the characters name (I remember the character, but I have difficult associating names, dates, places, etc).

But a week after I finish the book, I forget most of the content. But it's a fictional book it's much of a problem.

My biggest problem is reading philosophical or didactic books.

I also have read The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. I really liked it despite it being a "hurr durr I love nerds" thing now.
>>
>>27932248
>But as it's a fictional book it's not much of a problem.

Fixed.
>>
>>27931980
>sit by computer
>quiet mind
>try to read a book
>"why dont you kill yourself you fucking faggot?"

thank you brain
>>
>>27932248
Yeah, well, philosophy is a PITA anyways (I say this as a physicist).

Especially didactic stuff. That's the main reason I don't enjoy philosophy. Who wants to read someone's thoughts when their only justification for their thoughts, is their thoughts? Buncha cocky bastards IMHO. Logic only goes so far as to keep your mind contained (to keep your brain from falling out of your head). Science at least leads to unique, new ideas, that tend to break that bubble by attacking the arbitrary posits that hold the whole philosophical concept up.

At least with science, it's true. At least with fiction, it assumes it's false. Philosophy confuses the shit out of everyone by trying to be both.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.