[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw you missed out on being a skilled teenager >tfw you'll
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: that's not a real gun, is it.jpg (112 KB, 1300x866) Image search: [Google]
that's not a real gun, is it.jpg
112 KB, 1300x866
>tfw you missed out on being a skilled teenager
>tfw you'll never be good at anything anymore
>tfw even if you started now, you'd be old before you reach a high level in anything
>tfw once you're old it's not nearly as fun to be skilled at something
>>
>>27929516
>it's a I'm ~30 and in college for CS thread
>>
>>27929551
Did you already know some programming beforehand? Why CS anyway?
>>
>>27929516
I was a kissless virgin loser covered in cystic acne boils. Now I'm 32, have a decent job, decent education, great live in girlfriend. And I'm going back to school to get a new bachelor's now.

It isn't too late to change your life. Invest yourself in getting some skills and practical knowledge. Choose an area that relates to things you enjoy, even if it's fucking video games or weed. When you improve yourself to a degree possible for literally anyone, it starts to steamroll. Achievements lead to other achievements and more confidence. Confidence, intelligence and hobbies lead to friends and women. And they make you take better care of yourself.

It's impossible to believe it or see it from ground zero. Take the first step and see what happens.
>>
File: 1430636790377.jpg (109 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1430636790377.jpg
109 KB, 640x640
>TFW did nothing with your childhood but study guns
>TFW by 18 I already had built an AR15, owned over 7 guns, shot probably twice that amount, and know more than most people
>TFW I'm going to school to be a gunsmith

I'm not sure how I feel, I don't know if it was worth being a reject for.
>>
>>27929711
But honestly, wouldn't you have enjoyed it more if you could use your skills throughout your teens and twenties? To become really amazing at them early in life, rather than "pretty good" when you're older?
>>
>>27929711

I'm 25 and I feel like my life is already over
>>
>>27929941
Well that's another edge of the sword, but you could've been both social and practice on the side. Most skilled people didn't lock themselves in their rooms 24/7 and threw away any social interactions.

That being said, if you're 18 you literally need like 1 year MAX to make friends and get a girlfriend. So you're still doing fine you mongoloid.

Also
>gun master
If I was a woman I'd be wet with jealousy. That's pretty cool, gunbro.
>tfw living in Eurocuck where guns are forbidden
>>
>>27929941
that's my dream, I couldn't achieve it though since I don't live in Murica
>>
>>27930443
This tbqh fampai.

I'm not much younger, and one of my coworkers said he started programming at age 15 and he was sad that he didn't start earlier. He's only 30 but he lamented the fact that he could've had like 5 years more experience by now. If you're in your 20s and haven't yet done something decent with your life, you're fucked. At least I feel that way.
>tfw no way to turn back time
>>
File: operator_70.jpg (118 KB, 1054x655) Image search: [Google]
operator_70.jpg
118 KB, 1054x655
>>27930479
I wish women loved me for my firearm skill, a lot of them seem kinda creeped by it, but find me alright past that.
>>27930487
Thanks, what country you in?
>>
>>27930534
in ye olde murica's hat, so guns are pretty resented here
>>
>>27930569
Oh that truly sucks, but I hear you can get shotguns pretty ez there.
>>
>tfw can't focus on anything
>>
>Still young
>Not going to try to be good at anything because I'm too stupid, lazy, and simply incompetent to ever be great

We can't all go beyond. The average needs people.
>>
>>27930569
never heard of that, sounds more like a rumor to me
>>
File: 1453539121236.jpg (58 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1453539121236.jpg
58 KB, 720x720
>>27929516
>you were a great test-taker, so good that you never needed to study
>you just thought you were smart
>you never realized that the purpose of studying in school wasn't to make you get better grades, it was to establish healthy practice habits for later in life
>and now you can't, so you'll never get above "beginner" level in anything
>>
>>27930725
this meant for >>27930591

mandatory comment of originality
>>
>>27930443
>>27930522
Stop crying and do something with your life. You dont have to be the best, you just have to be good. Take >>27929711 as an example.
>>
>>27929516

You need to just get a job and move on. There's probably a good reason why you never stuck with whatever you did in school and it's probably because you didn't like it.

And if you manage to get of your ass and get a job tell me how because I've been a NEET for 8 years
>>
>>27930423
Sure I would have. But don't tell me it's over.

Also, everyone I know who was happiest young is the least happy and together now. And some of the most beta people I know are not only happy, but not assholes because they've been on both sides of the coin.
>>
>>27929516
I'm 18 and I started playing guitar just now

I-Is it too late?
>>
File: 1460640753219.jpg (33 KB, 664x441) Image search: [Google]
1460640753219.jpg
33 KB, 664x441
>>27929516
>21
>literally never have been good at anything
>there's 17/18 year olds that have their shit together mentally and physically that are training for BUD/s
>there's people 2-3 years younger than me that are navy seals
>these people have accomplished more shit in the course of a year than you will ever in your life
>>
You fucking retards. If you're not 30+ like I am you have no right to complain or even be on these fucking boards. You have no idea what bottom of the barrel really is you pathetic fucking kids. REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>27931946
is it generally acceptable to want to die before i reach where you are
>>
>>27932056

Yeah yeah yeah keep playing that tune. I was laughing at the 26 year old virgin when I was your age. See ya in a decade ya fucking human trash.
>>
>>27931782
Well I'm OP and more along the lines of 25 and worthless. I think you'll be fine if you keep going.
>>
>>27932083
How old are you, oldfriend?
>>
>>27929516
Can you just do something because you like doing it and it makes you happy? Why are you concerned what other people think?
>>
>>27929711
so why ffs are you here?
>>
>tfw even my mother doesn't enjoy talking to me on the phone anymore and I can tell she just does it to indulge me

this truly feels like the end
>>
>>27932682
>live with parents
>mom constantly nags that her kids are too distant
>try to talk to her
>gives me one-worded replies or ignores me

Then don't fucking say you wanna talk mom
>>
>>27932171
Well, I used to play video games a lot but then I stopped enjoying them and started looking at my own life. And now I'm in this box...
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.