[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be 26 >too late for high school romance >too late for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 7
File: crying pepe.jpg (47 KB, 492x487) Image search: [Google]
crying pepe.jpg
47 KB, 492x487
>be 26
>too late for high school romance
>too late for college life
>too late to learn a musical instrument
>too late to learn a new language

I missed out on my youth

Kill me
>>
>>28045529
fucking cunt, just go to /fit/ and become a man
>>
>>28045529

>>be 26
its not the 1700 you got aother 40 years faggot
>>too late for high school romance
thats a good frame of mind, unless you want jail

Don't worry
>>too late for college life
not really, people were 40 on my uni course and I was 24
>>too late to learn a musical instrument
says who?, you can be an expert at anything if you spend 10k hrs on it
>>too late to learn a new language
I know people who picked up French or German at 50

A lot of people think they missed out on their youth and look back because of hindsight

some people have shitty upbringings or not in a great area an and sometimes people have had a worse childhood
>>
>>28045529
its all downhill from here, loser.
>>
File: image.jpg (468 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
468 KB, 1280x720
>>28045529
>not too late to become a mercenary
>>
>you got aother 40 years faggot

more like 50 senpai
>>
What's the point in learning a new language and playing a musical instrument if you can't do anything with them?
>>
>>28045713

average life expectancy of a male is 70 years
>>
>>28045776
thrid world country scum detected
>>
>>28045529
Go out and meet some people. Get to know how real life works, and maybe that head that's so far up your ass can exit it and learn to see how this shit works.

I know people who got to Uni in their 50's just because. I know of a guitarist drug addict who was 40 years old when he got his shit together, studied to become a doctor, and now has a thriving practice. Probably some half of the people I know who have thriving careers, families, hobbies etc, started on all that shit closer to their 30's than 20's. A friend was 26 when he got to a Uni, and is now also a thriving doctor.

One of my best friends was a depressed NEET for over 10 years straight from high school. He was 30 and fat, with fat-related disability problems and a virgin when he got his shit together. Within 5 years he got a job, bought a house, learned BJJ, lost over 90 lbs and lost his fat-related disabilities too, won a gold medal in his weight class in our country's annual competition, found a hot chick, got a baby, and is now starting in a Uni. He's my fucking idol. <- I know, you don't believe it. I don't care, this is true, and I love that guy like my brother.

I myself was a fucking loser virgin for almost the first 27 years of my life. Then got to Uni, studied my ass off, lost weight, got 4 girlfriends in 3 years (not a good thing since they never lasted, but at least I got laid), got ouf of Uni, and now have a great career in IT.

It's not a joke that 30's the new 20, 40's the new 30 etc. Shit like this isn't rare, it's not even mildly uncommon. It's the fucking norm these days. Many of us take a fucking long time to get our shit together and finally find something we want, and like to do. And that's when the whole fucking life begins. Fuck your youth. My youth sucked. But it's because it sucked that I was able to gather the willpower to get my act together later, and keep it that way.

So stop spewing excuses, you're still young you fuck.
>>
>>28045529
Of course it's not, anon. Even if you were 20 years older, it still wouldn't. Not even 40 years later it won't. Start learning today.

It's true with the other two though.
>>
>>28046358
good post.

maybe not all is lost for us.
>>
>>28045721
I do not understand this question. Theres alot you can do with these skills
>>
>>28045623
>you can be an expert at anything if you spend 10k hrs on it

>he fell for this meme
>>
>>28047333
You will at least become very skilled at it.
>>
>>28047333
I really don't know how to tell you this, but do you understand at all how pathetic you are? I mean, here you are, representing like the fucking 0.000001% minority of the entire fucking planet in a notorious geek and weebio board, and have the audacity and sheer ignorance to claim that practice is a meme?

You're so blinded by this little geek haven of a rabbit hole you've dug into that you really couldn't understand how the real world worked even if it was in your face. Now excuse you me, it's not my intent to just insult you, my intent is to ram the facts down into your fucking head. And the fact is that you're as wrong as one can be.

Practically nobody in real life is vying to be a fucking rock star. You don't compare yourself to the very best of the best, because if you do that, then it wouldn't have mattered if you started at 3 years old and trained 10 hours a day every day since, you STILL wouldn't have the natural raw talent, luck, networks, and matters circumstance that makes the rock stars who they are.

You, me, us, we don't compete with rock stars, Einsteins and Gandhi's. We compete with every day regular people. You can train a fucking guitar for a single year if you do it hard enough, and become good enough to seriously impress regular people, another two and you could go into a band if you wanted to. You can start boxing today, and within a year, you'll be able to put most guys you've ever met down with relative ease. You could start programming today, and within a year you'd actually be pretty good with it.

The only reason that doesn't happen, is because you either don't even TRY, or because when you do try, you go in with half measured attempts meaning you don't really learn anything anyway.
>>
>>28047614
whoa #triggered
give it up m8
the cynics and pessimists are right
we're all wormfood and the earth is going to fall into the sun
so just cool your jets and relax m8
or alternatively
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>28046358
Inspirational indeed, anon. Thank u
>>
>>28047614
>...cont

Fact: I started almost 10 years late into Uni and work. All that I had going for me was motivation, and no family so I was able to put in a few extra hours of overtime each week, on average. Not that much.

Now 6 years later, I'm literally one of the top 10 people in my technology in this country, career wise I got promoted so damn fast I'm now *well* past the average people who started 10 years before me. I have fucking great pay, enjoy great respect and rep from my great colleagues, and love what I do.

I'm not especially smart, just smarter than average. The ONLY difference between you and me, is that I got up and started doing something about it. Like not just something, I REALLY fucking worked for it.

If I can do it, if the several previously loser friends I have were able to do it, believe me you can fucking do it too.

You've no idea how fucking annoying it is to look at people who are literally holding themselves back and don't even try, when you know what's what but you can't force them to understand either. I know this is 4chan, I know people are full of BS here, but this is me telling you quite simply how the world works. What you make of it is up to you, really.
>>
>>28047737
Here's your upboat, you insufferable faggot. Now back to /r/getmotivated
>>
>>28045572
/r9k/ pls go

Try reddit, Leave /fit/ alone.
>>
>be 24

It sucked

It sucked minus the drugs

Okay, this one's pretty good, I play guitar bass and drums. But if you dedicate yourself you can start playing stuff in a couple weeks/months depending on your natural talent

But you already know the most badass language on Earth...
>>
>>28047722
>>28047324
You're welcome, but I really need to drive this home that this wasn't some inspirational coaching speech. This isn't a Gordon Ramsay moaning off and trying to sound cool and interesting. This really is how real life is. This isn't even exceptional, this shit happens and has happened all over the place. With me, my friends, their friends, fucking everywhere.

Out of the dozens of us losers I knew back when I was in my mid 20's, compared to today, there's exactly one who did not turn out ok. All the others did.

I had people telling me similar shit to what I'm telling you now, and I was absolutely sure they were full of shit and I knew my life was gonna be shit, and I didn't listen or care. Well, whooptie-fucking-do, look what happened anyway.

Hah. You guys'll be alright. It may take as much as a fucking decade that'll feel like a lifetime, but you'll see.
>>
>>28047846
Jesus Christ, you couldn't be more Reddit if you tried, you humblebragging pollyanna retard. Just because you and your faggot friends didn't experience any problems besides eating too much McDonalds doesn't mean vast swathes of people don't eat shit and die with effectively no chance at anything.

You know a lot of people post here who live in third world shitholes or are congenitally deformed, right? Of course not, because you're a longposting Redditard.
>>
>>28047912
this desu

original commento fampai
>>
>>28045623
This is getting blown up and put on my wall.
>>

Not really m8 maybe the first thing since I'm guessing you managed to finish highschool but you can still do all of these things at 26
>>
>>28047912
I talk like a motherfucker, always have. And I do so especially when I feel it's a good thing if I do. What the fuck do you know of problems anyway, how old are you? I was 27, depressed, NEET, fucking virgin loser fat asshole, borderline homeless at one point. I'm gonna throw a random guess here that you're not even old enough yet to have even SEEN the shit I have.

I'm not some fucking goldspoon douchebag who just happened to find 4chan and came here to brag. I've waded through more than enough shit to have earned the right to speak here, so you can just go right ahead and fuck yourself.

There are ALWAYS people from 3:rd world countries, quadriplegic and dying, I can't help with that. And I'm betting you're not one of them either, but I guess that doesn't prevent you from going all strawman like a faggot and using them to attack others right? You fucking hypocrite.

But like I said, I've said what I had to say. What you make of it is up to you.
>>
>>28048009
>muh bootstraps
welp
>>
>>28045623
>not really, people were 40 on my uni course and I was 24
I think he means that he is too old for the "college experience" which is a myth which only exists in '80's movies. I honestly think most people are better off waiting until their mid-20s to go to college.
>>
>>28045529
iktf
>26 years old
>my youth was stolen from me as I watched everyone else have fun but was alienated by normals
>>
>>28045529
Its oky dude
>>
File: bmG1YfI.jpg (18 KB, 270x270) Image search: [Google]
bmG1YfI.jpg
18 KB, 270x270
>>28045529
Better late than never famlamborghini
Highschool romance is shit anyway, no real feelings just fucking like rabbits
>>
>>28045529
Never too late to learn an instrument bro. Just buy a cheap one and put it at your side.
>>
You're not too old for college at all, people are going back to college in their late 20's early 30's in droves now. Things are changing. Men are having longer periods of adolescence (not sure if this is a good thing?) A 30 year old now feels like a early 20's guy from the 80s or 90s.

Very few people under 30 have life figured out at all man, and the ones that do might go crazy when they enter their late 30's early 40's and start thinking they chose the wrong path.
>>
>>28045529
>24
>smartest kid of my entire high school
>had a promising future
>studied history

Please just pull the trigger.
You have had your fun.
Just let it end now.
>>
>>28048672
>just fucking like rabbits
I'm guessing this definitely makes him feel better.
>>
>>28047614
Depends on what you define as success. There's plenty of jazz masters that nobody knows about, then there's Bob Dylan: a great songwriter but his guitar skills were pretty basic.
>>
>>28048821
>Men are having longer periods of adolescence

This is crazy, I had read something about this. Apparently many men are not even finishing puberty until they're 28? Amazing.
>>
>>28047326
I know. Even if you never left your home, you could still read books in another language and play the instrument for yourself.
>>
>>28045623
>10k hours
pfft, it took me like under 500 hours to git gud at music production, though the more i do it the better i get
>>
>be 26
Still young
Yeah but who cares most highschool bitches don't know what they want.
You can still go to college and get a degree faggit.
nope pratice and git gud
No again, tons of people learn languages later in life.

Stop making excuses.
>>
>>28045529
I know those feels, anon. I'm about to turn 25 and my life already feels over.
>went to uni to appease parents and only ended up with a useless degree and debt
>never had any friends or romance and never will because I'm an ugly autist
>have no interests, motivation or money so I can't bring myself to try or enjoy hobbies
>starting to have more and more health problems
Don't think I'll make it to 30.
>>
join the fucking army or some shit your youth is over now embrace adulthood and war
>>
>>28050530
>become a bitch to normalfags and be forced to do whatever they say or face serious consequences
>>
File: smile1.jpg (120 KB, 720x360) Image search: [Google]
smile1.jpg
120 KB, 720x360
>>28045572
/fit/ is /r9k/ in denial, they get fit find a bitches and orbit around her, then she dumb him, he develops maniac like onetis psychosic and swallow in misery shitposting
>xxx days since she left, is there any reason to exist?

You will find more non beta males on /lgtb/ than on /fit/
>>
>>28049879
>Stop making excuses.
Do you not know where you are friend? r9k is fully of whiny bitches who love to make excuses for being failures.
>>
>>28045529
actually adult brains regain their neuroplasticity if exercised
>>
>>28051842
link

i can't concentrate on shit
>>
>>28051944
This.
I have brain frog so bad now. I used to be able to learn with ease but now I can't even get through a paragraph.
>>
Who age 30+ and back in college here?

I like it because you really have to have your "don't give a fuck what others think" mode turned on to max at this age to do it. Especially if you happen to be male.
>>
>>28051999
24, but have 2 guys who are 35+ in my group, they are super chill and friends with everyone, they don't stand out or nothing.

>>28051989
The internet is responsible, too much stimulating shit, I have 20 tabs open at all times, and can't finish reading even one of them, we gotta get a stopwtach or something and concentrate on one single task for a period of time.
>>
File: 1445165702870.png (651 KB, 697x713) Image search: [Google]
1445165702870.png
651 KB, 697x713
>24 years old
>still in the springtime of my life
>time enough to set everything right

My goal at 29 is to graduate with a master's degree in a science field, have a promising career, own a nice car, live in a comfy apartment/home (depending on locale) in a nice neighbourhood, earn a good salary that can fund my high-cost hobbies and travels, have started a decent investment portfolio for retirement, learn at least Japanese, be reasonably fit and know how to cook well (but not restaurant level). Everyday I work towards one or more of these goals (mostly focusing on the degree right now), so I can live a life of comfyness.
>>
>>28051842
how do you exercise the brain
>>28052125
i have hundreds of tabs open at all times
>>
>>28046358
This.

My older co-workers said their 30s were more fun than their 20s. They got their shit sorted out in their 20s and were able to have fun in their 30s.

Looking forward from 26 my 30s should be damn good
>have 98% of the health and energy as I did in my 20s
>stable career path
>financially secure with my own place
>know what I like and how to get it

>>28048850
Most people crash at some point. Some crash in high school; others crash their first year of college. I crashed after engineering school and was stuck for 3 years.

I have recovered well in the last 2 years
>worked 2 shitty jobs to prove I am employable after 3 years of NEET-ness
>got a good job making decent money
>gone from 22k in debt to 4k net worth
>had 2 short relationships that gave me an idea of what I want in a partner
>>
File: 1447779380958.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1447779380958.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>28052952
>others crash their first year of college.
I crashed in my first year of engineering too. I simply wasn't ready for the responsibility of college yet. Failing courses two years in a row pretty much crashed my expectations for life and accomplishments, and made me feel a large sense of inner shame.

I've rebounded mostly, and in the 4 years since then I've matured emotionally, to the point I was able to survive 4 months in a foreign country while doing an internship for my humble lab technician degree. Those 4 months gave me self-knowledge and boosted my self-confidence so much. Now I feel like I am on a right track again, although I still feel a bit shameful of those two years of failure, especially when I compare myself with my preppy high school peers who are now ahead of me. But I can't let them destroy my focus or happiness.
>>
>>28053099
I still have my regrets over what I did after college. I should have moved in with my dad, stop smoking pot, and got any job I could do rather than hold out for an engineering job.

>especially when I compare myself with my preppy high school peers who are now ahead of me.

It helps having a social circle that never went to college or did 2 years of CC before dropping out. I dropped all but one of my college friends over those 3 years.

>girl is proud of her 3rd job in the last year... working at dunkin' doughnuts
>most of them have DUIs
>fairly sure all are up their eyes in debt

Yeah I still live at home, nor do I go out much. I am on an escape trajectory from all the shit I did in my mid 20s. Some sacrifice now is going to be worth it in 5 years.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.