[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are some of you guys actually happy? how do you do it? I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: perfection.jpg (497 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
perfection.jpg
497 KB, 1280x1024
Are some of you guys actually happy?
how do you do it?
I'm always alone. No friends. Few family members.
College is boring.
I have things that I want to do
I have dreams that I want to achieve
but this feeling is just drowning me.
how do you do it?
>>
No, I don't really know what it means to be happy. My life is a constant numb ennui punctuated by deep pits of depression. When things look like they're taking a turn for the better, I grow suspicious and mistrustful at my own lack of apathy.

Everything I do is just a temporary distraction form the numbness. I dont know an alternative.
>>
File: image.jpg (226 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
226 KB, 2000x1000
I can safely say that I'm happy. I have one real friend, never had sex (though I've made out with girls before), have a disfunctional as fuck family, but I still wake up every morning excited to start the day. I think my happiness stems from my ability to block out any negatives from my life ( a feature I gained when I was bullied in middle school as a way to cope with pain) which leaves me pretty detached from reality at times, but ultimately only lets happy thoughts seep into me; if that makes any sense. I also have long term goals (music production, college, fitness) that keep me occupied.
you just have to realize that your perception of happiness ( e.g. Having a girlfriend, having an expensive car, partying all day erryday) aren't objective standards of happiness. You can be happy despite all these things that you probably don't even like anyways.
If you haven't already, I'd delete all social media accounts to get the ball rolling. That toxic and competitive community with the meta game of getting more likes than your peers, puts an emotional drain on you and reminds you that you are different from everyone else.
>>
>>24119795
desu I've just stopped thinking about it. Nowadays I just focus on uni and whatever I feel like during my freetime. I try to do good things when I can, ie. I would do the dishes even tho my roomate could help. I am the person helping the old lady in the bus. I don't even know why I do these things. Maybe it's just a hope of becoming happy some day.
>>
>>24119795
Just wait until you leave education. The real loneliness sets in after that.
>>
>>24119795
>Are some of you guys actually happy?
No, it's a combination of problems.

I don't enjoy being around most people, but I'm lonely most of the time. I think this is the prevailing theme.
I also have next to no ambition to do anything, I can't see a logical reason to be ambitious. Nothing I have the power to change will actually fix my larger issues. Which makes putting anything more than the most rudimentary effort into things seem pointless.

I don't want to kill myself, however I somewhat wish someone shot me in the head as an adolescent.
>>
I took a bunch of pills and I'm not happy but I;m not misrable either
>>
>>24119795
>Front
Good taste, Anon. If a little softcore.
>>
>>24121131
prolly this - just occupy your time with something else so you ain't just focusing on unha-penis
>>
>>24119795
Normie turned robot here
I'm incredibly happy, yet I still somehow feel a sense of belonging on /r9k/ no idea why
I had a big social circle of friends as recent as about 2 years back, had a gf, did lots of normie things. Was pretty miserable. The more friends you have the more insults, betrayals, losses, exclusions, and back stabbings you have to deal with. I know it sounds dramatic, but it's true, it's impossible to have a big stable group of friends. Started becoming more introverted, didn't agree to do much with anyone anymore except my close group of 2 other friends from school, who had always been robots and that's what I liked. Nowadays, I just go to uni, study, work 2 days a week, and leave all my other time for my interests, hobbies and hanging with the same small group. My life has significantly improved. It's purer and the only things I do are what I enjoy, no commitments to anyone. It's a cliche but is there something that just makes you super happy? Like anything that doesn't rely on anyone? I like reading and archeology, no matter how lame things I have a small collection of archeological pieces that put insignificantly small life spans into perspective. And anyone can always get lost in a good book.
>>
I'm 26, without any friends and working full time ie the real world. But I'm very happy and content with life. I've trained myself to appreciate simply being alive and healthy. >tfw no gf or >tfw no friends seems awfully petty in comparison after a while of thinking like this
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.