[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone here tried medicine against social anxiety and incapability?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6
File: buy-xanax-alprazolam-tablets.jpg (66 KB, 480x258) Image search: [Google]
buy-xanax-alprazolam-tablets.jpg
66 KB, 480x258
Has anyone here tried medicine against social anxiety and incapability? I always feel troubled and anxious.
Did it help? How hard was it to get from your doctor?
>>
>>27997722
against anxiety the only thing I ever took that was worth half a damn were benzos. Didn't make me talkative or happy or anything, just made my heart not pound and I didn't feel like I had to puke all the time. I kinda wish there was a drug that would make me enthusiastically enjoy normie things. Preferably one that, unlike benzos, I didn't have to ration carefully for emergencies.
>>
pretty easy surprisingly. went to see really chill old psychiatrist. told him i was having lots of anxiety bordering on hypochondria because of all the physical symptoms. twitches, racing heart, fatigue. when he suggested i should exercise more to relieve anxiety i got kind of aggressive for the first time and louder and said that that would just make my heart go faster and i just wanted it to stop pounding and racing all the time. pleaded with my eyes looked like a wreck probably (all of this was true) and he gave me a script for klonopin at the last second. all i did was abuse the shit out of it and eat a months worth in about a week. got pretty fucked up but knew it would be worse for me in the end and so i stopped going to him because he's basically a drug dealer. i wonder what would have happened if i had kept going. most of the symptoms are better now if you were wondering i think i just had a ridiculous amount of anxiety that was creating a feedback loop of adrenaline and stress.
>>
>>27997722
It is kind of hard to get it. Some doctors will give it easily and some don't. They will probably try to put you on SSRI first.
Benzos work great for emergency.
>>
>>27997722
It's not hard to get so long as you don't look like a drug abuser. If you're nervous asking about it that's fine; doctors expect that in people with panic disorders, especially psychiatrists. You honestly can't surprise mental health professionals with anything if there the good kind
>>
>>27997840
t. Got a clonazepam refill yesterday

Just don't use them unless your situation is really unbearable, they build a tolerance fast, and people who take them daily for years can die in withdrawal
>>
I self medicate heavily. I've abused benzodiazepines to the point when I had at least three seizures coming off of them. Now I have Seroquel and hydroxizine, and neither of them help much. And fuck SSRI's, they're worthless bullshit.
>>
>>27998236
reply was meant for
>>27998215
hey there mr.roboto why don't you fuck off for just a sec k
>>
t. I've been prescribed a benzo daily for almost 3 years now. Been on it since I was 21. Now I'm 24.

It helps a shit load with my anxiety. I don't know if it's an official health ranking, but my doctor puts me on a "8" out of 10 on level of anxiety, so my case might be unusual. I don't know many people who take it daily like I do.

I really can't imagine life without it now. It literally makes life 100x more bearable. If I go more than 24 hours with out taking any my hands start to shake really bad (more than usual, my hands shake all the time anyway), I start to feel like I'm being hunted by foes, I become sensitive to bright lights (I have never understood why I feel this, but it happens...). And I will feel panic bubbling up in my throat. It really sucks.

But the benefits truly are immeasurable. I can do a lot of things I wasn't able to do before. I don't ever abuse it because I don't feel any recreational value out of it. And I know that if I take 2x my dose for one day, I'm going to be literally fucking myself over some day down the line when I don't have muh pills for that day.

It's that GOOD good my nigga. Naw mean?
>>
>>27997722
I got it when I didnt want it and it solves everything

now I have to take at least 3mg a day or I go into seizures.

Usually I start off with 5mg and work my way up to 10 or so before bed.

great drug 10/10 I actually have friends that I sometimes remember hanging out with.
>>
>>27998788
I completely agree. I really hate the tolerance buildup though. Knowing I can't take them every day means I basically have to pick and choose what days to be anxious and miserable af.

Better than being like that every day though, and I guess I'm fine with that as long as I can use them most of the days I have class or go out in public a lot.
>>
>>27997834
Haha I used to have a script for that. It made me act very strange, have aggressive outbursts, literally did nothing long term good for my life and I stopped because I was concerned over the neurodegenerative aspects.
>>
>>27997722
Just got hooked up on Stresam.
I think it's a placebo, it does next to nothing.
Next time I may ask for some benzo.
My psychatrist counsel that I take neuroleptic but I'm no so sure about it.
>>
>>27997722

It might be hard to swallow it, but the only thing that really work is "love".

It tried a lot of those remedies:
Xanax
Effexor
Zoloft
Escitaropram
Prozac

But just 5 minutes with a cute puppy helped
me more, that 2 years of swallowing pills.

Too bad most people hate sick people and thus ignore them.
So try a fucking puppy.
>>
>>27998908
Can't take a pupper out wit you everywhere in public m8. I love pupperinos but unfortunatel they don't love long enough to from the kind of healthy relationships robots need

The only thing we can do is use medicines to help us get to the point where forming relationships is feasible
>>
If benzos make your "anxiety" disappear you were never anxious to begin with you were just a faggot
>>
>>27997809
amphetamine is the answer
>>
File: dex.jpg (82 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
dex.jpg
82 KB, 1024x768
>>27999021
This is the answer to our problems
>>
>>27999021
Amphetamine helps with my social anxiety and reclusive nature but it alone puts me too much on edge. Taking it on an ssri is decent though
>>
>>27999064
>>27999021

Yeah if you want to damage your dopamine neurons. With a decreased production of dopamine long term you'll have problems - learning - sleeping - remembering - having emotions - and so on and so on (basically everything that makes us human). Research all stims for neurotoxicity before taking them.
>>
File: chuckle.gif (2 MB, 350x315) Image search: [Google]
chuckle.gif
2 MB, 350x315
>>27999118
>you'll have problems - learning - sleeping - remembering - having emotions
What, you think I didn't have that already?
>>
Wouldn't some of you prefer to smoke weed instead of eating these pills that are harmful to you? I mean weed is not the answer for everyone and I can imagine the first high not being pleasant, or the 2nd. But I figure it would help a lot of people with anxiety, right?
>>
yes xanax helps anxiety, but it is NOT worth relying on because it just masks problems and being addicted to benzos is a miserable experience.
>>
>>27999118
Didn't you just perfectly describe people with ADD /ADHD there?

I understand there's unfortunately no happy and perfect solution for people diagnosed with that, but you pretty much just described me. I have ADD, I don't take any medication for it, I don't get the dopamine release normal people get from doing everyday activities, I have a harder time learning things, my memory is shit, depressed and flat on an emotional scale.
>>
File: sick-male-wet-towel-17058891.jpg (115 KB, 1300x982) Image search: [Google]
sick-male-wet-towel-17058891.jpg
115 KB, 1300x982
It was great for a while, then it stopped working.
After some time I decided to quit and oh my fucking god that was some intense shit I don't want to experience again. I wanted to peel my skin off and jump out the window. Felt like an unwanted, bad lsd come up. With all that electricity, brainfry and intense sounds, irritable af and shit. Never again will I take it daily.
>>
>>27999200
>I don't take any medication for it
Dex guy here. Try to get Adderall if ur an amerifat.

Don't fall for the "its better to not use any medication" meme. It really improved my life quite a bit.

Honestly, I dont know why that fag condems the regular use of amphetemines but thinks benzos on a daily are ok, kek. There are actually studies which link benzos to an increase in mortatility even when used infrequently.
>>
>>27999242
I'm really conflicted about the whole thing. I've never taken prescription medication in my life, it's something I've never had an interest in, and a lot of the time it scares me. I've read a lot about peoples experience with the drug and a lot of it is very positive.

I feel crippled by it, it's only gotten worse with age. I barely noticed it as a child other than my attention being poor, but as I've gotten older I get no joy from doing anything, I've lost interest in most things, I can barely sit down and watch a movie, not necessarily just because muh attention, but because it's just hard for some reason.
>>
>>27999306
I was the same like you. Then I decided it simply couldn't get any worse so I just got a rx and now I take a small dose (15mg) every day.

The horror stories you hear are all from people who were retarded and abused a drug.

Dont get Ritalin btw, it's a meme drug.
>>
>>27999242
I never said benzos are good long term. Amphetamines are definitely not. It's your body: I suggest you read into what you are ingesting.

>>27999200
>>27999132
Yeah that's a good point, I would say would you like those symptoms to get a lot worse over time for short term relief.
>>
>>27999341
Isn't Ritalin the lesser of two evils? Pretty sure that's my only option.

I don't even think we have Adderall in my country.
>>
>>27999379
>Isn't Ritalin the lesser of two evils? Pretty sure that's my only option.
Unless you have some real chair bouncing adhd, it really sucks imo.

Every country should have either Adderall or Dexedrine I think.
>>
>>27999379
Ritalin has no neurotoxicity. Amphetamine hasnegligible neurotoxicity as long as you stay within a reasonable dose. Methamphetamine will almost certainly cause damage in all but the most modest doses.

If you get methylphenidate go for whatever extended release formulation you have in your country. It's short half life leads to brutal comedowns. All the -phenidates seem to be more anxiogenic than amphetamine ime.
>>
>>27999438
I know in a lot of European countries amphetamine is either banned or too taboo to prescribe. Wikipedia says it's outright illegal in Japan
>>
>>27999550
A quick google tells me that it is in fact legal in at least most of Europe, it's just that most doctors don't know about it (I had to explicitly ask for it as well)
>>
>>27999505
I appreciate this post, but I have zero experience with medication, so most of what you posted is lost on me.

You're saying ritalin is better for the body than adderall?
>>
Benzos and amps are going to fuck you up badly if you're not very careful. Benzos are extremely slanted towards addiction and withdrawals that will be seizure inducing torture. Amps will cause psychosis if binged on and the crash is so bad for some people that they use benzos to crash with, which gives them a doubled edged problem. Stupid autists thinking they can medicate themselves to happiness.
>>
>>27999605
>Amps will cause psychosis if binged on
And water will kill you when binged on. This is a stupid thing to say. Abuse any drugs and prepare to get fucked.

> Stupid autists thinking they can medicate themselves to happiness.
Get a load of this retard
>>
>>27999633
>And water will kill you when binged on.

Water doesn't cause a compulsive redosing feedback loop Mr. Fedora.

>Get a load of this retard

Lol u mad bro? Have fun in the psych ward after your dumbass fucks up. I swear you kids think you can actually handle a supply of pharma dope, that'll last about a week lol.
>>
not sure if it counts but i had a surgery recently and the painkillers i got for after it make me feel calm all the time i could even hold a normal convo with some stranger on the street
>>
>>27999688
>Water doesn't cause a compulsive redosing feedback loop Mr. Fedora.
Only retards get 'addicted' to Adderall. I think you confuse it with benzos. Ime amphetemines don't really have this feedback loop. You are just talking out of your ass like the other anon itt.

> I swear you kids think you can actually handle a supply of pharma dope, that'll last about a week lol.
What are you talking about ? I am this guy >>27999064 I've had a practical infinite supply of those for years and wasn't even close to "binging" once. You are just projecting your own weaknesses kek.
>>
Adderall 100% cures me of my social anxiety. I go from being an anxious robot to almost Chad like levels of confidence once I'm on a good dose. Too bad I don't have a script, and even if I did, I couldn't take it daily or I'd develop a tolerance.
>>
>>27999755
>Only retards get 'addicted' to Adderall.

Then you shouldn't be using it period.

Ime amphetemines don't really have this feedback loop.

You've only been taking babby doses then and don't really know shit about them.

>You are just talking out of your ass like the other anon itt.

Actually I have real experience with all sorts of pharms so you are clearly projecting.

>You are just projecting your own weaknesses kek.

You're projecting while deploying the term projecting, now that is irony.
>>
File: 1439594902290.jpg (44 KB, 543x405) Image search: [Google]
1439594902290.jpg
44 KB, 543x405
>>27999819
>You've only been taking babby doses then and don't really know shit about them.
I take therapeutic doses. I take it how it's supposed to be used. Are you blaming me for not binging like you?

>You're projecting while deploying the term projecting, now that is irony.
What are you even talking about? You realise "no u" is not a proper argument right?
>>
>>27999876
Nvm, I just realised you don't even know what 'projecting' means. Disregard this post and stop talking to me entirely you retard.
>>
>>27999595
In general yeah, it'll be easier on your heart and brain. Especially long term.

The use of low dose amphetamine is probably about as safe though. People who are prescribed the maximum (in the US at least) of 70mg a day are going to see some heart problems down the road, and possibly neuron death as well.
>>
>>27997722
Yes. I tried Xanax but now I'm using Rivotril (clonazepam) and it's pretty good. I just take some, when I feel anxious and then only just 0,12 mg.
>>
>>27998963
You actually can. You can get a service dog for anxiety/depression. You can also bring them most places.
>>
Another Dex faggot here
I was 23 years old with no life, no friends, no family but one aunt who kept me going, never had a job no education, not a house leaver living on SSDI for depression in a house I inherited.

When my ssdi case came up for reevaluation I had to go to a psychiatrist again to get a written professional opinion on why I needed autism doll hairs

My aunt set me up with that, I stayed on ssdi and kept seeing the psych. Eventually he added Dex to the antidepressant I'm on after I told him my deceased sister once let me try one of her 20mg lr adderals and "it made me feel like a normal person"

At first the 10mg dex gave me the drive to do the things I had always wanted to do but never did. I began by going on walks at night and cleaning up my backyard.

When I needed 20mg to achieve the same effect I bought a bike and learned to ride it at night, started going to the grocery store by myself and pressure washed and repainted my house. I started to get more involved with my cousins so I wasn't as isolated.

Things started to fizzle out at some point at 20mg. Now I'm on 30mg a day and the euphoric feeling dex have me is gone. I would say I'm still better off than I was years ago but I've stopped progressingbeyond doing solitary things like remodeling my rundown house. I haven't begun seeing a therapist or enrolled in college or gotten a job. If I don't take at least 10mg dex shortly after I wake up and one at around lunch time I get ridiculously tired. I tried to stop taking it cold turkey and slept for a week straight, waking up maybe 5 times to eat a bowl of cereal.

something that has happened to me, and I don't know if its the dex or the anti depressant, is that I've lost a certain discipline I had had. Before starting all these medications I had been lifting weights in my home gym every other day religiously for years, and I had been practicing piano for at least an hour every day for years

1/2
>>
>tfw mum tells doctor you've been abusing your clonazepam and dexedrine

feels :(
>>
What do I say to my doctor to get this? Just tell him how I feel in public and what challenges me?
>>
>>28000103
Even if the drug eventually fizzled out and stopped helping you like it once did. Would you say that it gave you perspective?

I'm pretty much in the same situation you were before you started taking anything. Although I lack the discipline you had. I haven't taken anything yet, but every so often I consider it, but I never take the step. Sometimes when I read negative things people have to say about their experience with the drug, I wonder if the perspective it brought them at least contributed to something good. Because I feel like I lack that perspective, I don't know what it is like to feel normal, I have nothing to strive towards because it isn't there. I think if I got to feel it and experience for a time, maybe even if it went away, it would instill a desire within me to maintain a social life and keep contact with people instead of shutting myself in and never doing anything or seeing anybody. I've forgotten what it felt like to want any of that, and I can't force it.
>>
>>28000160
You can probably be borderline honest about things and get them. I find personally they respond well to you having a knowledge of what they can prescribe so long as you aren't coming off fiendy. So ie. saying you don't want to take some other sedative as you are aware of the side effects but that you are open to other ones like benzos, and mention that you understand they should be used short term and talk with them about small scripts and work your way up by saying how well they've helped you or even coming back early and saying you've finished your script and that you've gained a tolerance (if you do this do it very carefully), or just bullshitting basically until you say you've got the perfect dose that doesn't need increasing after they've put it up a few times. Not sure if this makes sense but I can give advice.
>>
>>28000103
You fell for the "keep taking more to remain high" meme. Just settle for a moderate dose and if it fizzles out take a break for a few weeks and continue again.

And finish your post, it triggers my autism.
>>
File: image_19.jpg (120 KB, 659x960) Image search: [Google]
image_19.jpg
120 KB, 659x960
So has anyone use pristiq? I just got on it...
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.