[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone get mad when women say they have depression and social
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 11
File: 129073213.png (201 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
129073213.png
201 KB, 900x900
Does anyone get mad when women say they have depression and social anxiety?
>>
File: WsWtl7H.gif (1 MB, 589x325) Image search: [Google]
WsWtl7H.gif
1 MB, 589x325
>>27903808
Got drunk one day and asked one of my childhood friends, who happens to be female for help with my depression over facebook. I reached out, you know looking for some kind of clarity as to why I was feeling this way.

Her response? Oh anon, I have the same problems as you, its soooo hard. I'm glad you talked to me about this You and I are so alike. Talked 1 time, then that was it.

>boyfriend
>straight A student at good university
>constantly updates facebook with fuckin' rock climbing and travel posts
>attention whore

So OP yea, it rustles my jimmies. Not that I care just can't believe she responded with that. It's like they always have to 1-up you.
>>
No because that's retarded. You're implying women can't be depressed or have social anxiety--one's circumstances don't always create these, it could be their brain.
>>
>>27903808
I just try to ignore it and move on, it's not worth the energy to get upset. For all I know she could be serious, idk.
>>
>>27904023
Tell me a situation where a woman would feel social anxiety.
>>
I hate women hate them I hate women hate hate hate them women women I hate women I hate women I hate hate them
>>
>>27903808
I become even more attracted to them.
They'd understand my struggles. Too bad its all land whales that say it.
>>
Depends on which women.

Some women live really sheltered lives and have abusive domineering mommies who stress them out and repress their identities and they're whole view of themselves is who do they please. So I could see anxiety shooting from there.

Also can understand a imaginable depressed girl.
>>
>>27904023
They can, just 90% of the time they're lying to get attention.

Like that dumb bitch who took selfies during her 'anxiety attack' the other day that went all over the internet. Yeah, that's the first thing you do when you have an anxiety attack - grab the fucking camera and take a selfie for the internet.
>>
>>27904188
I'm friends with a girl, dirt poor, horrible social anxiety, no social skills, NEET, and depressed
The only reason I know her is because we played vidya together, and the only reason I know she's a girl is because we used a voice chat once
>>
>>27904297
>has friends
>social anxiety and no social skills

Only women.
>>
>>27904326
Oh yeah man, friends on the Internet are exactly the same as real life friends, totally.
>>
>>27904339
I assumed when you meant you were now 'friends' you met irl after meeting her online.
>>
Schizophrenic here. Women are just disgusted when I tell them. Feels bad to have the least socially acceptable mental illness.
>>
>>27904491
At least people don't tell you that you have a meme disease.
>>
>be a woman
>receive tons of positive attention and validation from men every single day
>multiple men ask to be your bf just for existing
>have lots of friends and a healthy social life
>unironically claim to have social anxiety disorder
>have the fucking gall to claim you know what it's like
Yes, it makes me mad.
>>
>>27904491
>tfw uncle has schizophrenia
>he developed it in his early 20s
>I'm turning 21 and have been a shut in for my teen years and never had a job

I've been going out again, even to school (not uni) and I'm afraid it's all going to come crashing down again if I end having the same problems as my uncle.
>>
>>27904188
The same in which males would? It's a mental issue.
>>
>>27904902
At what point do you get to stop worrying if you're schizophrenic? My uncle has schizophrenia too so I've been worried about that my entire life as the hypochondriac I am but I'm 25 now so I don't think I need to worry about it as much as I used to. He developed his schizophrenia when he was in his teens.
>>
>>27905336
You mean like asking a guy out to date you? Women totally have to do that.
>>
>>27905473
You think that's the extent of social anxiety?

Women gossip and bitch about their fucking friends, being in a catty enviroment like that if you're predisposed to anxiety would be horrible imo.
>>
>>27905399
Isn't it between 15-25?

25 is when the male brain reaches maturity apparently so maybe that has something to do with it.
>>
>>27905531
Yes, women have to exhibit confidence and extroverted personality when attracting a male partner. Both of those are reduced by social anxiety and depression.

Women are known as leaders, they are meant to lead and give great speeches.

Women having depression and anxiety is the same as men having that time of the month. They are both memes.
>>
>>27904339
I haven't had any friends online for 7 years
>>
>>27903808
women can have social anxiety, it's just that they get rewarded for it contrary to being punished.
>>
>>27904326
I have a friend and I went to a mental hospital because my depressions/social anxiety became super bad
>>
File: 1451080879477.jpg (11 KB, 278x358) Image search: [Google]
1451080879477.jpg
11 KB, 278x358
>>27903808
I swear every white girl I meet claims to have anxiety
>>
>>27906045
>I was getting attention from a person but it wasn't enough so I need attention from multiple people

This is how you sound.
>>
>>27903808
My fem friend told she had depression when she broke up with her bf also her best friend stopped talking to her.

desu
>>
No, because depression has nothing to do with material wealth, social ease and getting laid.

Because, if the world actually functionned according to your /r9k/ logic, then millionaires who have it all, get laid all the time and party should never kill themselves and, yet, rich people kill themselves too.

Maybe you should take a step back and try to understand that, maybe, you have a very misguided understanding of happiness and how to be happy.
>>
>>27906070
>I have no understanding of mental health

This is how you sound.
>>
>>27906064
must make them so anxious to hold all the cards in society, and be able to ruin a man's life with a mere sentence. those poor delicate little flowers
>>
I just laugh to myself whenever anyone says they have depression or anxiety. I can't believe people still fall for those memes.
>>
>>27904294

Yes, because in this social media over-connection age, people tend to overcompensate for their insecurities and anxiety by desperately seeking attention from random people on the internet.

Is this so hard for you to understand. Just because you are disconnected from this bullshit doesn't mean that others are. You sound like you're saying "only neet people such as me can be anxious."
>>
>>27906090
I was literally in a mental hospital for depression and social anxiety and I know they are a meme disease.
>>
women have the meme version of depression and anxiety

here and there you get some actually depressed miserable women, but it's rare
>>
>>27906143
Prove it nerdboi
>>
>>27906089
>rich people kill themselves too

sure they do, probably by accidentally falling into a sniper's bullet
>>
>Hurrrr durrr you can't be depressed if you have friends because you get attention only people such as me with similar life circumstances can be anxious and depressed because I say so and I'm an expert in the domain and I genuinely believe that everyone who have everything that I envy so much cannot possibly be unhappy because we are all the exact same in these 8 billion people and everyone wants the exact same things and should settle for the exact same desires!

That'S because you don't understand how the world works, why society is ill and how it causes even people who "have it all" to hang themselves. That is, mostly, because you see things from your corridor-like narrow mindset that's over-focused on yourself and your problems only.
>>
>>27906222
They mostly do it when they lose their money. it's all that life's worth to them.
>>
File: 20160406_105852.jpg (1 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
20160406_105852.jpg
1 MB, 2448x3264
>>27906174
They don't list anxiety as a medical condition since it's a meme. On the other side of the list it says I had anxiety symptoms that were also treated.
>>
>>27906222

>I'm going to be in denial of reality because it doesn't fit my delusions.
>>
>>27906284
Confirmed for never having any anxiety illnesses
Now drink some bleach
>>
This thread is retarded, imagine being the person you are now and having twenty chads staring at you and spitting awful one liners at you anywhere you go, while you just want to sit in the corner with everyone ignoring you.
Is this just a meme? We can't be seriously be having threads like this every day.
>>
>>27906310
oh the irony, you're the one baselessly making assumptions here mate. name some rich dudes for me who commited obvious suicide without having lost all of their wealth,
>>
>>27906143
>I was literally in a mental hospital for depression and social anxiety
Yet your post does not contain F33 or F32, nor a F40 or F41
>>27906284
>>
File: 20160416_183704.jpg (457 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20160416_183704.jpg
457 KB, 3264x2448
>>27906325
>still falling for the meme disease
>>
>>27906507
That does not prove that you have an anxiety illness
>>
File: 1456856188896.png (518 KB, 639x557) Image search: [Google]
1456856188896.png
518 KB, 639x557
I just stopped caring. I realized that it was something someone says that has zero effect on me so I just shouldn't care.
>>
>>27906484
Not my fault they don't put every disease in there.

>>27906536
It literally does.
>>
>>27906398

Yes, because we all know this circumstance is the only possible reason for anxiety. People step on you when you behave in a way that obviously shows to everyone that you're willing to lay down and let people step on you. Stand up for yourself. The part of my life where people stepped on me was a point in my life when I had no character at all and just let people abuse of my kindness. I was insecure, confused and weak. At this time I asked the same question. "Why are people so mean to me? I'm not doing anything wrong, I just want to be left alone!" If you want to be left alone, learn to push back, learn to defend your personal space. show to people that you are not a bitch and that they have no reasons to thread on your personal space.

>>27906460
Robin Williams, Are we seriously forgetting this shit so soon?

Again, why do you live under the assumptions that just because someone has something that YOU specifically envy that it means they should be happy? Do you SERIOUSLY, unironically actually fucking believe that YOUR standarts of happiness should be the same for everyone? Do you even have the capacity to understand that problems stem from different sources and can, sometimes, be related to each individual choices and circumstances?

You sound like a delusional narcissist.
>>
>>27906582
>It literally does.
It does not, but you are free to post a report in a non shit language
>>
>>27906582
>Not my fault they don't put every disease in there.
They do that where I live
Even the non mental ones
>>
File: 20160331_152558[1].jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
20160331_152558[1].jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
>>27906606
Ok, so my assumption is the following. You are assuming that because it doesn't says I had anxiety in the diagnosis section I did not have anxiety.

If I post you this picture, will you say I don't have depression?

>>27906616
This is an example of me being in a mental hospital the second time. I am diagnosed with schizophrenia and depression. Only schizophrenia is listed.
I was discharged with an antipsychotic and 2 anti depressents. It also states I had depressive and suicidal thoughts. Do you think I didn't have depression?
>>
>>27906460
>You can't suffer from depression if you are rich and good looking

This literally shows that you never actually suffered from it. Depression is a mental illness, not le feel bad meme.

Also >Robin Williams any1?
>>
>>27906660

It's no use arguing with these retards. they genuinely believe that it's impossible to be depressed unless you are them. As I said, narcissic and extremely self-centered me me me me me syndrome.
>>
>>27906660
>I am diagnosed with schizophrenia and depression
Where is the proof that you have depressions?
>>
File: 1459926654529.png (848 KB, 1000x600) Image search: [Google]
1459926654529.png
848 KB, 1000x600
>be female
>diagnosed in hospital with bipolar disorder
>uncontrollable unprovoked sobbing at night
>overly happy fits of energy
>afraid whenever I don't have control over my environment
>medication for depression, psychosis, and anxiety

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
>>
>>27906660
>If I post you this picture, will you say I don't have depression?
You don't
>>27906695
Did you read his previous posts?
He claims that depressions are just a meme same for anxiety
Yet he claims he has them
>>
>>27906460
>He fell for the "if you are rich you are always happy" meme
>>
>>27906707
maddest thing you've ever done whilst manic?
>>
File: 20160416_185541[1].jpg (815 KB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
20160416_185541[1].jpg
815 KB, 2448x3264
>>27906706
Here.
>>27906726
Why did I get released with two anti depressents if I didn't have depression?
>>
>>27906784
Antidepressants have a lot of uses
>Antidepressants are drugs used for the treatment of major depressive disorder and other conditions, including dysthymia, anxiety disorders, obsessive compulsive disorder, eating disorders, chronic pain, neuropathic pain and, in some cases, dysmenorrhoea, snoring, migraine, attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), addiction, dependence, and sleep disorders
You can't just claim you have depressions because you are on antidepressants
>>
>>27906784
>Here.
You just circled your meds
>>
>>27906750
I once picked up a gun to make a threat against my own life in front of my boyfriend
>>
>>27906784
I can't believe you're posting hospital documents and these autists are still saying you're wrong
>>
>>27906813
>http://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-76851/wellbutrin-xl-oral/details
It literally says on the list why I was taking them. Can't you read?

Not to mention the psychiatrists that told me I have depression?

>>27906824
The entire list is proof if you bother to read it.
>>
>>27906784
>Why did I get released with two anti depressents if I didn't have depression?

Depends on where you live but in France you can get these just by going to the med and go "Bwaaah I feel bad my life is shit" mode. You don't even need to be diagnosed with depression or any other mental illness. We literally give this shit to people who "feel bad".
(No wonder why the French are the biggest antidepressants users in EU)
>>
>>27906864
You are aware that not everyone speaks your shit language, right?
>>
>>27906826
That doesn't sound manic.. Just typical attention whore bullshit. Got anything better?
>>
No, they can have it but they don't have it the same and men.
>>
>>27906885
You are aware there is google translate where you can easily translate everything that is on that paper? Also you wanted proof I give you proof. They don't release documents in english language. Why would they?
>>
>>27906826
where's the substance abuse?
>>
>>27906909
Why would I bother typing so much
Stop claiming that something is a meme but then defend having it for an hour
>>
>>27906929
You are the one who is saying I don't have depression. I have depression and I know it's a meme disease. Are you a normie, because your actions seem very similar to that of a normie?
>>
>>27906864
The link you posted also says that the medicine gets used for other things
Maybe you should do some more reading
>>
>>27906939
Do you even know what the word meme means?
Maybe you should have taken that shitty English class in your 3rd world country more serious
>>
>>27906917
It's always been there.

>>27906887
Nothing that you wouldn't make the same comment about.
>>
>>27906929
He claimed anxiety was meme and that people with friends shouldn't be depressed/anxious.

He never mentioned depression being a meme, I know english isn't the commies first language but is it yours?
>>
>>27906968
strike my depression meme comment now desu
>>
>>27906864
A doctor tried to give me that twice it didn't work so well
>>
>>27906951
You will just ignore the entirety of what is written on the list?

>>27906961
Nice job insulting me and where I was born. This will truly show me how intellectually superior you are.
>>
Why are you guys wearing your mental illnesses like a badge of honor and pretending that having something wrong with your brain is some kind of cool selective secret club?
>>
>>27906143
>>27906968
Mate learn how o read
>>
>>27907039
It happened when normies starting using it as an excuse for their behaviors and to gain attention.
>>
>>27907039
How about you read that thread again. Nobody does.
It's just that we all agree women can't into depression. They can suffer from schizo shit or stuff like this but depression literally comes from lack of happiness. Pretty much the same reason why rich, famous and good looking people can't suffer from depression as well.
>>
>>27907069
>but depression literally comes from lack of happiness
source
>>
>>27904752
I'm a woman. I don't get validation for existing. I have no friends and no social life. In fact, I'm here right now because the guy I was supposed to go on a date with has stood me up. This was the first guy who was showing interest in over a year, and it turned out to be fake.

You're talking about the pretty girls. I'm not pretty. Guys pretend to be interested in me just to make fun of me.
>>
>>27907074
>source

Holy shit please, we are not on reddit
>>
>>27907087
So you can't back up your claim?
>>
>>27907087

My how 4chan have changed.

It went from a place where people go to pretend to be stupid to a place where literal retarded gullible sheeps go to circlejerk.
>>
>>27907151
Hi /b/ro
xDDDDDD
>>
File: milk social anxiety.jpg (479 KB, 1124x769) Image search: [Google]
milk social anxiety.jpg
479 KB, 1124x769
No usually I just roll my eyes and ignore them from that point on.

I'm sure there are some women with social anxiety out there, I've seen some convincing material. But for 99% of them its just another way of gathering attention and looking "special."
>>
>>27907209

I'd split her in half even if she's a fucking brony.
>>
>>27904339
>he knows her only on the internet
>her
>guys im so depress, muh social anxiety, muh so poor give me money guys

kek
>>
>>27907083
Never Happened the Post
>>
http://www.psychiatrictimes.com/depression/exploring-gender-difference-depression

In terms of mental health I would rather trust doctors and experts than people from internet
>>
>>27908770
It's a meme disease. It can be cured by talking and a placebo.
>>
>>27908770
Article aside, that website is a pile of shit. It asks you to register on page 2 but the text still displays for a few seconds so you can Ctrl+A Ctrl+C it.

It also seems to be dealing more with depression in women/men during marriage with regards to having kids and finance. Whereas this topic is more on identity, self-esteem and anxiety issues which women will never be affected as much by, because of the amount of attention they receive etc.
>>
Nothing triggers me more than some girl with about 26 guys chasing after her jumping on the 'LE SOCIAL AWKKWWARDNESS X-DDDD HAHA, AMIRITE?' fashion train and sharing posts about anxiety.
>>
>me
>at work
>work is finished
>staff is chilling in the hot tub (lifeguards, instructors)
>new hire hipster girl who blatantly craves attention comes
>big glasses, "nerdy gurl" look
>she's actually a gigantic slut who talks casually about fucking 6+ guys in the past few weeks
>She's wearing obscenely short shorts for the job
>chicken scratch scars plainly visible
>female coworker asks about them
>whore starts announcing it like its amazing news, like she's proud of it
>she's legitimately exited that somebody took the bait
>"major depression"
>"no friends"
>"awkwardness"
>"nerd" (she's pretty stupid)
>here's the kicker, "social anxiety"
>mfw girls think its hip, cool, or deep to pretend to have depression and play pretend outcast for 5 minutes a day and brag about it
>mfw normies think this and being sad occasionally is what depression is
>they believe this is what depression looks like
>they will never know what depression actually is

I think this belongs in this thread
>>
>>27906939
You're fucked. You're clearly some regular dildo that looked up some lingo on urban dictionary and is trying to argue a stupid position that I think you actually believe.

Just because you've never actually experienced it doesn't mean it doesn't exist and it doesn't mean its just feeling sad.
>>
>>27906284
>They don't list anxiety as a medical condition since it's a meme.

Do yourself a favor and go to wikipedia and get a grasp on the basics, this is embarassing.
>>
>>27908597
Why do you want to believe it never happened so badly?
Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.