[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mental Illness Thread >tfw came out of a wave of depression
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 132
Thread images: 24
File: asddddddddddddd.jpg (106 KB, 461x550) Image search: [Google]
asddddddddddddd.jpg
106 KB, 461x550
Mental Illness Thread

>tfw came out of a wave of depression 2 weeks ago
>felt like ecstasy
>can feel myself relapsing
WHY WONT THE RIDE EVER END
>>
File: brown_eyed_man.jpg (94 KB, 660x440) Image search: [Google]
brown_eyed_man.jpg
94 KB, 660x440
>mfw always scared of the dark
>mfw I get ready to fight when I enter a dark room
>mfw I think I see something in the dark
>mfw I'm usually right and my senses don't lie to me
>mfw I hear spooky things at night which I can't explain
>mfw saw a shadow moving in the corner of my eye
>mfw something is moving my bed
>mfw something touches me
>mfw sleep paralysis
>mfw vision starts to pulsate light
>>
>>27813870
>tfw involuntary treatment order
>tfw now a 'community' patient (you're allowed back at home but still have all the appointments and meds)
>tfw med side effects make me more debilitated than before
>>
>spent 4 months in the nuthouse (PICU, medium secure. Section 2 then a 3)
>surrounded by attention whores and superficial cutters
>one lad I got on with, genuine and not an attention seeker

Would've been longer if I still refused to castrate myself with olanzapine. Got forcible depots on a few occasions.
>tfw have thousands of olanzapine pills and don't know what to do with them
>>
>>27814079
I only started cutting recently and one thing I realized is that superficial cutting isn't always attention whoring

It feels more painful to drag a serrated knife slowly over your skin than to use a razor and sharp cut. I prefer burning though

People cut for all kinds of reasons whether it be to fuck themselves up, retardedly try to kill themselves or just plain masochism.
>>
File: 1443279391927.gif (161 KB, 500x352) Image search: [Google]
1443279391927.gif
161 KB, 500x352
>birthday's coming up
>depression has gotten a lot worse
>cut contact with the people I sort of talked to online
>only irl friend came back but just started avoiding me straight away
>can't stop thinking about killing myself
>have laid in bed awake for hours just thinking about killing myself the last 4-5 nights
>can't bring myself to actually do it
>mum has asked me 4 times in the last week if I'm feeling okay
>flat out asked me if I'm feeling depressed or like hurting myself
>can't bring myself to do anything other than lie through my teeth about it
>>
File: 1334394408047.gif (585 KB, 276x252) Image search: [Google]
1334394408047.gif
585 KB, 276x252
>can't tell if going blind or just psychosomatic
>>
File: tumblr_mynf9q8dfO1t2tr8ko1_500.gif (765 KB, 500x269) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mynf9q8dfO1t2tr8ko1_500.gif
765 KB, 500x269
>exposure and response prevention therapy for OCD
>started off describing an intrusive thought in as much detail as possible, then walking through it over and over again for a solid hour
>recorded this and listened to it once a day for a week
>two weeks of this and I've gone back to smoking and drinking daily, dermatillomania is back in full force for the first time in a year and a half, fapping 2-3 times a day to deal with the sexual tension, stopped talking to everyone, work performance is in the shitter, complete fucking mess
>yesterday I call my shrink and practically beg him to let me do something differently
>he's completely understanding, very concerned and asks for a minute to come up with an alternative
>does some research, comes back and decides that it would be a less stressful alternative to write out the intrusive thought, then read it a couple of times, taking no longer than 20 minutes or so
>almost immediate decrease in anxiety and intrusive thoughts
>able to go to work and get through my shift without wanting to murder everyone in the building
>talked with one of my coworkers for a little bit before my shift ended
>haven't had anything to drink or smoke since yesterday
>haven't crawled back into bed or fucked with my skin or done anything else retarded
>so fucking relieved I could cry
I know this is going to make my therapy take dramatically longer but I'm so fucking relieved that the stress has gone down, I don't fucking care.
we're all gonna make it guys
>>
How was your stay in the psych ward?
>>
>>27815029
What do you obsess over m8?

I've got POCD and I'm too scared to tell anyone about it in case the police get involved.
>>
>>27815806
Sexually charged torture, homicide and necrophilia. I was so afraid to tell anyone for so long, but I was desperate to make it stop and I'm so glad I got help. The police can't get involved unless you've recently killed someone, had sex with a child or abused a child, or if you're planning on doing any of those things or killing yourself.
>>
>tfw bulimic
>tfw all I ever think about is food
I'm pretty much broke because I spend all my money on fast food that I end up throwing up afterwards.
>>
>>27815948
How are your teeth and throat m8>>27815948
>>
>>27814347
I think I have this symptom. Can it manifest as blurred vision or the feeling of having a veil over your eyes? Things seem less "clear" than they used to, and it's not just because my actual vision is dog shit, but life just lost its vibrancy.
>>
>>27816091
I sound hoarse and I can no longer eat ice cream or drink hot coffee :(
>>
File: THE_RIDE_NEVER_ENDS.jpg (231 KB, 863x752) Image search: [Google]
THE_RIDE_NEVER_ENDS.jpg
231 KB, 863x752
>>27813870
Depression is a lifelong battle.
To defeat it, you must master the power of self brainwashing, and FORCE your brain to be happy. Pull yourself up, however impossible.
>>
File: 1438730932140.gif (955 KB, 300x162) Image search: [Google]
1438730932140.gif
955 KB, 300x162
>>27816370
>not even bulimic and I have the same problem from self-neglect
thanks, mental illness!
>>
>>27815948
I was bulimic for a couple years then stopped it. Been clean for one year and four months. AMA anon i know the feels you feel. Ever stand for a bit and feel lightheaded and have your whole body shake or just get a total wave of sickness?
>>
>>27816468
Take care of your teeth!!

>>27816504
Yea I get that sometimes after purging. Usually I just get spacey and out of it though. Ive been like this for a while though, I don't care enough to stop desu.
>>
>>27816568
Why don't you just choke on dicks instead of food familia
>>
Does anyone else find themselves to be a little too emotionally sensitive when it comes to movies and TV? Or any work of fiction for that matter?

Say a character was to be murdered, tortured, or raped (or all three). I can't handle stuff like that. I hate myself for it because I want to be able to enjoy these things that everyone else does, but I can't because I'm too easily upset.

I try to not be a pussy about it. I know that what I'm seeing is just fiction and that the characters are not real people. But I still find myself avoiding a lot of media that I think will make me feel shitty.

Can anyone else relate?
>>
File: 98951-96374.jpg (11 KB, 300x238) Image search: [Google]
98951-96374.jpg
11 KB, 300x238
>>27813870
maybe youve got bipolar
>>
>>27816568
That's unfortunate actually. I felt a lot better after I stopped and my doc took a blood test of me and found my iron levels dangerously low. If I continued it the iron in my body would be all gone and I probably would have died from it. Just a warning, it's your physical health as well.

Swish some warm water in your mouth after you purge since brushing your teeth after makes it a lot worse.

Take care.
>>
File: 1460458470094.png (347 KB, 563x421) Image search: [Google]
1460458470094.png
347 KB, 563x421
It's the thought process you have that drives how you feel physically. Just delude yourself enough with the illusion of progress and indulge in things that make you feel like you're producing and you'll be happy. At least you'll think you're happy but you'll still be in pain and tired all the time.
>>
>>27813870
Does anyone know what will help with depression?
>>
>>27816635
That doesn't work with people that have mental illnesses you can't just make yourself feel normal through sheer willpower. Trust me I've tried and I've been struggling with depression since I was a kid.
>>
>>27816647
heroin

ichibonorigamioriginale
>>
>>27816606
Not op but im exactly the same, Im not moody in the day to day but I have waves of happiness/hollowness/suicidal thoughts generally in that order. Phases generally last 2 or more weeks.
>>
Deep down I love my depressed moods, bipolar people usually prefer mania episodes or our ''normal'' mood periods but holy fuck I fucking love hurting, I deserve it and I want more.
>>
>>27816664
DON'T KILL MY HOPE OF ESCAPING THIS CHASM
>>
I was diagnosed with MDD around 9 years ago.
Mirtazapine is the best if you feel you need an anti-depressant, it has no side effects compared to SSRI's, SNRI's and tricyclics.
Besides that, opioids and dissociatives (MXE, PCP, ketamine, DXM, etc.) are all miracle drugs at completely stopping depression for a few days
>>
>>27816687
If you really want to escape the chasm you need to get meds and go see a therapist, or even pay for the 7cups app to help track your progress and get you better. The sad news is that you were dealt a rough hand in life and things that come so easily to others, like living happily, do not come easily to people like you and me.
>>
>>27816701
What's MDD?
>>
File: Satan.jpg (346 KB, 1526x1600) Image search: [Google]
Satan.jpg
346 KB, 1526x1600
>>27813870
>TFW not even meme depression
>TFW symptoms to widespread to do anything, including coughing up throat slime mixed with blood, headaches 60% of the time, either absolutely starving or completely put off by the thought of food, random nosebleeds, unhydrated skin, physical tics, completely lucid physical panic attacks, violent thoughts that keeps bubbling up
>>
File: 1432406030435.jpg (13 KB, 500x259) Image search: [Google]
1432406030435.jpg
13 KB, 500x259
>>27816599
>>27815884
>>27815029
here, I'm the same way. it's not that I get disturbed by it. I get physically aroused, and my physical reaction to that stimuli makes me so upset it's difficult to watch anything like that. for example, I've been trying to watch Game of Thrones for the last several weeks, but they're torturing a character over the course of an entire season, chop off someone's hand on-screen, there's tons of death and corpses lying about and I'm so sensitive to these things right now that I can't handle it. it's so embarrassing, I'm just glad I don't have anyone in my life that could make fun of me for it or ask me why I'm avoiding these things.
>>
>>27816735
major depressive disorder. Fuckingrobot
>>
>>27816713
Isn't mirtazapine the drug that lanza was on? Doesn't it kill like, all of your emotion? Also I'm totally up for that stuff and i'm working on it.
>>
>>27816597
How can I choke on dicks if my gag reflex is pretty much non existent?

>>27816623
Same with me. I understand that eventually I'd have to change but its just so normal and comforting and the rest of my life is shit.
>>
>>27814079
>you have to chemically castrate yourself
You a pedo or necro?
>>
>>27816784
>Isn't mirtazapine the drug that lanza was on?
No idea.
>Doesn't it kill like, all of your emotion?
No. It's more of a mood stabilizer. You don't have extreme downs, or extreme ups if you tend to be manic.
It's more useful than other anti-depressants because of it's incredibly low side-effect profile.
>>
>>27816833
>No. It's more of a mood stabilizer. You don't have extreme downs, or extreme ups if you tend to be manic.
I'm manic and i need my mania or i'll FUCKING KILL MYSELF
>>
>>27816868
Well, then you better get used to your extremely depressive states too then. You can't eliminate one without eliminating the other.
>>
>>27816879
GOT IT thanks

booga
>>
>>27816921
Well, you have one shot at eliminating depression without eliminating the mania I should say. This will not completely eliminate it, you'll still go into depressive states, but this will help you stop them when they happen.
Look into dissociative drugs (NMDA antagonists).
They're the only shot you have at eliminating your depression without eliminating the mania.
Dissociatives are extremely potent at stopping depressive episodes. They tend to completely reverse it and make you feel happy without being manic. They won't change your mood when you're manic, though.

There's dozens of legitimate studies showing NMDA antagonists are great for depression. You just will not get one prescribed to you, all of them are still in pre-human trials. They're attempting to get the anti-depressant effect without getting people high (they're using ketamine analogues, so there's a high risk for abuse).

Try it sometime if your depressive states make you want to kill yourself. Just don't mention it to your doctor.
>>
File: 1460380541819.jpg (418 KB, 768x768) Image search: [Google]
1460380541819.jpg
418 KB, 768x768
>>27813870
Schizoaffective disorder reporting in
>tfw everyone is talking about me
>tfw people follow me
>tfw gangstalked
>tfw hearing/seeing demons
Lmao
>>
>>27816784
I'm no expert on meds but I have a doctor I trust that prescribes me some decent ones. It makes everything feel better as far as emotions go but the side effects make me sleepy a lot.
>>
>>27817003
Oh hi Dave, we've heard all about you. Welcome.
>>
>>27816800
>Same with me. I understand that eventually I'd have to change but its just so normal and comforting and the rest of my life is shit.

I used it as a coping mechanism for my shitty life as well, and it got it's worse when I was in a situation where I was highly stressed. What feels comforting now may wind up killing you familia you may want to go for something else.
>>
>>27817080
>I'm no expert on meds but I have a doctor I trust that prescribes me some decent ones.
Your doctor prescribes you certain meds before he tries ones that work better.
It's well known doctors receive a lot of free gifts from pharmaceutical reps in exchange to try certain medicines first.

http://www.businessweek.com/debateroom/archives/2008/04/doctors_stop_taking_pharma_gifts.html
>>
I started being less depressed two nights ago. Mornings were still awful, this morning wasn't awful though. I think I'm coming out of it. The only thing is, it almost seems like the worse times are getting worse. When I'm depressed I can barely get out of bed, literally. And there's constant pressure from my family who I'm disappointing all the time.
>>
>>27816988
When I reach my low i'm gonna hit that up, marijuana usually helps a lot but sometimes I have intense panic attacks and disassociate from myself and hug stop signs and shit.
>>27817080
Oh that's actually good because I have insomnia.
>>
>>27817164
They're very worth looking into. They truly are miracle drugs for depression.
The anti-depressant effects occur at low doses. You don't need to take anywhere close to a dose that will get you high to feel the anti-depressant effects.
>>
I think I have bipolar because I am very similar to OP (swung from suicidal, to enjoying video games so much I havent slept in 2 days), but I only ever got a diagnose of aspergers as a kid. also bipolar runs in my mothers side.
I am thinking of making some advantage out of this and applying for insanitybux, or maybe trying to get some cool meds. lemonades out of lemons
>>
>>27817269
Bipolar and manic depression can be hard to tell if you don't know much about either.
They also have entirely different medications to treat them.

You should try to figure out which one it is.
>>
Diagnosed autistic a few weeks ago, after years of going through the mental health system and psych wards.
I'm 23.
>>
>>27817269
i've been playing the sims 4 for 3 days straight to completely level up a sims fucking skills wtf iswrong with me
>>
>students from my year tended to treat me like special ed for how stupid I was in middle school, even in my senior year in high school; more or less resented everyone in my year
>online in senior year, person I thought was cool years and years ago told me I had brain problems
>person in same group said I'm "not a retard, he's our retard" within the same year
>cut myself out of that group a year later since no one ever talked anymore anyway
>years later
>someone's comparing me to a crazy (asexual?) assassin from a game because during the course of a conversation I simply said genitalia are disgusting
Depression is a mental illness right
>>
File: 1460012049629.png (335 KB, 457x380) Image search: [Google]
1460012049629.png
335 KB, 457x380
Feels like life isn't worth it. All I'll be doing is working towards my death. I'm not sad or angry. I want to kill myself because I just can't see myself even five years from now. I want to die because it feels like there's nothing else to do. Suicide isn't rational but that doesn't matter.
>>
>>27817397
I forgot about Clarissa explains it all
>>
It's odd how feeling normal feels like you're high.
>>
File: 1459139333076.jpg (221 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
1459139333076.jpg
221 KB, 900x1200
>>27817379
Autism usually entails an inability to sense irony, sarcasm and insincerity. You're not retarded, just autistic.
>>
File: 1446514588956.png (142 KB, 473x462) Image search: [Google]
1446514588956.png
142 KB, 473x462
>>27816391
>To defeat it, you must master the power of self brainwashing, and FORCE your brain to be happy.

How do you know they're not just forcing themselves to be sad in the first place?
>>
>>27817124
Maybe in America.

You sound like a tinfoil /pol/tard
>>
I don't want to read this of a wikipedia article, can somebody who actually suffers from schizophrenia explain me what it feels like/what his symptons were/how he deals with it on a daily basis?
>>
>>27817649
Yes, I'm talking about the US. This board is a majority US, since it was started by a US citizen.

It's not a tinfoil conspiracy, it's a well documented practice. If you deny it then you're being ignorant.
>>
>>27816647
Exercise is one of the most consistently effective treatments for depression. Also one of the simplest and cheapest.

Try starting by taking a walk outside each day, then build your way up from there as you get more energy.

Sunlight alone also helps, as does vitamin D although the RDA for vitamin D is way below the therapeutic level. I'd suggest starting with 4,000 IU and working your way up until you notice the effect. I usually take 6,000-8,000 IU daily.
>>
>>27817474
but I think I can recognize those things
>>
>>27814287
it's because you're a weebposter
>>
>>27815029
How bad does skin picking have to be to be classed as dermatillomania?
>>
>>27817808
I don't know. In my case, I pick at my skin until I have a gaping sore, then keep it open by picking at the same 3-10 spots at least every day. I do it mostly on my legs and they look terrible...>>27817808
>>
File: 1460096570741.jpg (9 KB, 250x242) Image search: [Google]
1460096570741.jpg
9 KB, 250x242
>>27815884
>>27815029
Fuck me, so I'm not alone then?
>>
>>27818043
How bad is yours m8?
>>
I had a realization -- or, at least, a clarification about something I always wondered about myself.

I usually never exercise, but I've had a serious stretch of physical exercise during one point last year and I'm in the middle of one now. And before then and even now, I always wondered...why? What's the reason why I, specifically me, choose to exercise?

I could always pick some reasons, but they were always "shifted" in a sense, because I could never pick the number one reason.

2) Mental health (although exercise alone won't help too much)
3) Physical health
4) Self-attractiveness
5) Attractiveness to others

But now that I'm in another stretch of exercise, it hit me.

I have these...deadlines. Like, DEADlines. Periods or dates where I'm convinced I will be dead around -- by my own hand, of course. They mostly revolve around the concept of "people will figure out your secret by this point, so you should probably kill yourself to avoid the embarrassment; even if embarrassment isn't the issue, your life will be ruined".

And there's other stuff involved with it all. But essentially, as to how it involves exercise, I found myself thinking again and again:

>If I die, I want the reasons for my death to be taken seriously and not handwaved away by frivolous reasons. The physical side of depression/mental illness isn't why I'm doing it: I don't want people or even myself to say, "I wouldn't have died if I had taken better care of myself."

It's a kind of weird goal, especially writing it down now. But nonetheless, it motivates me in this area.

My life is in shambles in every other way. Never had a girlfriend; nearly out of money; debt up to my neck; no job; etc. If those are the reasons why people think I died (as opposed to the more philosophical "life is bullshit" reasons), then I'm mostly content. As long as they (or I) don't associate it with dumbass bullshit, I don't really care.
>>
>>27817897
dermatillomania really sucks, I pick at my scalp a lot and it bleeds, red marks and a bunch of dandruff, it's disgusting really
>>
>>27814287
you shouldn't lie to your mom about it. you should tell her what you're really feeling
>>
>>27818393
>people will figure out your secret
what secret?
>>
>>27818541
this
curioisityblox
>>
>going through a lot of life changes lately (got fired, joined military, dad got job where he leaves me alone for 15 days at a time)
>did some MDMA self-medicating to help with my empathy some months back
>want it really bad
>waiting for my connect
>I just want to take some molly do some deep meditating and socialize so I can pick up on shit and become even more socially perfect and find another job since I got fired
>he had to run away
>I'd already given him my money
>broke and everybody else is expensive
>reeeeeeee
>>
>>27819032
what did you get fired for?blox
>>
File: 1459840269307.gif (2 MB, 400x226) Image search: [Google]
1459840269307.gif
2 MB, 400x226
>tfw you try to stress to your shrink that you have been seriously cutting back on drinking liquor and smoking cigarettes
>tfw he kind of blows you off and it sounds like he doesn't believe you or doesn't care
>>
pretty depressed right now, semi want to commit suicide

went to the hospital emerge but the psyche nurse that saw me is this one fat bitch i can't stand and i basically didnt want to talk to her

should i go back and tell em "oh yeah, im planning to commit suicide srs"

i just really want to be in a psyche ward again and get a mentally ill gf
>>
>>27821090
you attention-seeking, miserable fuck, don't take up room in a ward that could be going to someone who actually needs it.literally kill yourself
>>
>>27813915
>mfw always scared of the dark
>mfw I get ready to fight when I enter a dark room
Are you me? I just feel there's something in there but I refuse to give it the pleasure of seeing me scared, I even somtimes mumble somthing to the effect of "come on you son of a bitch" and get ready to use anything around me as a weapon.
>>
>>27821236
i do need it tho i think

tryin not to literally kill myself
>>
>Don't think you've ever been happy, but couldn't tell if you were or weren't
>Thinking "everyone gets sad, don't diminish depression's legitimacy you fucking baby"
>A real-life friend goes on SSRI's

I guess I should just go and see if I get diagnosed, but some days I feel ok
>>
Schizophrenia reporting in

>Shrink recently put me on shots, said the oral antipsychotics weren't working
>can't use my fucking arm for a week
>complain to shrink, tell her I'd rather be on the pills
>shrink tells me i'm refusing treatment and won't give me pills

welp. I'm a few weeks out from a complete mental breakdown and an involuntary hospitalization. Great. :D
>>
>>27821336
fuck shitty shrinks

shots seem like the worst. its some soviet bullshit. this is america.
>>
>>27821323
if you were going to kill yourself you wouldn't be talking about it, you'd have already done it.

>>27821332
do you have sub-par living conditions? are you unsatisfied with your current lifestyle? are you single, or are in an unhappy relationship? has anyone in your family recently died, have you moved in the last year, have you changed/quit/been fired from any jobs recently?

you may be dissatisfied with your lot in life, not clinically depressed.

>>27821336
get a new fucking shrink
>>
>>27821388
to be fair im not actually talking about it, just to anons

i got pretty close a few days ago
>>
>pyscho crazy
>plus paranoid to boot
>love the feeling of being mental ill because I don't care about myself
>plus NEET bucks

I think I got a free play for life in the game of life lottery
>>
File: 1381958143567.gif (995 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1381958143567.gif
995 KB, 500x281
>>27821431
Who takes care of your living expenses? I'm in no state to be living on my own and wageslaving but I have no other choice. Do your parents look after you?
>>
>>27814287
You sound similar to me anon. I try to talk to people but I just feel awful, I hate feeling like I'm a burden. I can't even remember the last time I talked to someone outside my family.
>>
>>27821388
>>27821332

My living conditions are pretty normal, if a bit lacking in the food department. My lifestyle is pretty shit but I don't really feel any strong urge to change it despite that. I'm single, nobody has recently died, I actually just got a job, and I've never moved.
>>
Who else here is a /NEET/ living in an abusive home but has no means, skills or money to escape? How do I escape this hell other than going homeless? Someone please help me.

Thanks for reading.
>>
>>27821366
The shots not only hurt, they made me feel like my arm was going to fall off. I couldn't sleep on it for a week. I had to keep -very- still or else I could feel it down to my wrist. So, something new to be anxious and paranoid about. My therapist says I need to focus on reducing my stress reaction to "small things" and then this happens. It threw me off completely. Even with the medicine in me, my anxieties are off the charts worrying about if I'm having a bad reaction, if that skin discoloration is a sign of something going wrong, or if I'm about to go completely off the deep end.

And the meds are slowly wearing off. Tick tock tick tock.

>>27821388
I'm kind of in a fucked situation where I'm poor, dependent on SSI, and there's only one major clinic that treats the entire county that'll take me. I don't exactly have much choice in seeing doctors, more like "hey, the government says see this guy" so I do it. I don't think the shrink realizes that they have the power of my sanity in their hands, but I guess they'd rather some fuckhead croak in a psych ward would force feed the shots or get some kind of order to do it rather than the shrink taking responsibility. I mean, no biggy. The shrink's got other patients and never answers my phone calls anyway.

It's a bitch being treated this way by the system, but maaaaaybe I can ignore it just a little while longer before I completely lose my sanity. lol.
>>
>>27817425
feel ya. but i only feel normal and happy when im drunk. Thinking about suicide everytime until im drunk. can talk to anyone then
>>
>>27814347
I know this feel bro.

I ended having to get 200 dollar fucking glasses because I was absolutely terrified and convinced that I was rapidly losing my eyesight.

I don't even need the fucking glasses.
>>
>>27821515
NEET FOR 7 YEARS, just become homeless, its fun
>>
>tfw anxiety disorder
>tfw emetophobia
>tfw cant eat cause it makes me anxious
>tfw im 100 lbs 5'7"

How do I eat normally again? I feel like I will never have a normal body physice.
>>
>>27821641
Forgot to add, had to drop off normal school thanks to my anxiety. I now study at home. Wondering if i'll ever be able to live normally again.
>>
>>27821508
If you have no environmental factors that could be affecting your mood, it's worth getting checked out. A word of caution, though: be very wary of SSRIs. They will be pushed on you but you must remember that you do not have to take any medication, and you should be able to talk to your psychologist/psychiatrist about what treatment they put you on, if any.

>>27821523
I can sympathize. Had to go on depot several years ago, the shots hurt like a motherfucker and made my arm hurt for days afterwards. Needless to say I insisted that they stop it as soon as I could. I suggest you do the same, your mental health and your physical health are, first and foremost, in your hands.

What country do you live in? Are you in the middle of nowhere? Here in the US, in most states, social workers for people on SSI can provide a list of therapists to choose from, granted you aren't in some hick backwater town with no one around you anyways. It's very, very important to be on the right medication, with a doctor that respects you. If you have a poor working relationship, they will do more harm than good.
>>
>>27813870
Paranoid Schizoprhen

>Voices again
>God is here
>I talk to him
>We get somewhat along
>He is somewhat pissed that I took his name in vain
>I tell him it was just for fun
>Also, some moments ago I had wings out from my back
>They're gone now
>Just took a larger dose of pills now
>I will soon get knocked out and go to sleep
>God is here
>He is about 1,65 cm short, blonde hair, blue eyes, tan, very boy and very cute.
>I'm very pleased with God being a twink
>It makes me less confrontantional
>>
>>27821515
You could try military service.
>>
>>27817003
Hey fellow schixofrenian here.

I'm paranoid and just shat brix, my visions are also very holy! Demons, angels, sometimes I all of a sudden have wings. Is this like a usual theme?
>>
>>27813870
serious question for you f a m ?

Anyone try or on Lamotrigine / Lamictal ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamotrigine

The Head shrinker recomended it for me , also Clonidine https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clonidine

any tips or experiences ?
>>
>>27822038
How many CIA niggers have you killed in your life?
>>
>>27822359
I was on lamictal for two years, it worked so fucking well for my depression. I went from being a homicidally depressed NEET, spending all of my time in bed or surrounded by cats, barely holding on to my sanity, to a productive member of society with hobbies and the ability to do something with my life. It got me out of the worst mental slump I've ever been in.

Regrettably, after two years I was on the highest dose possible and I built up a complete tolerance to the medication. It stopped working, and I had to switch to something else. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking to treatment for depression that is not an SSRI, especially if you have either type of bipolar disorder.

Never been on Clonidine or heard of it, wish I could be of more help.
>>
Bumping this thread for anyone who might have not seen it yet.
>>
>>27822365
Fucken planet of the apes.
>>
>>27813870
How long have you been depressive and how did you end it?
>>
File: 1460303840545.png (287 KB, 723x664) Image search: [Google]
1460303840545.png
287 KB, 723x664
Bipolar type 2 reporting

I just started Latuda because I'm trying to get off of seroquel. I'll also be starting wellbutrin here in a couple of weeks.
I'm looking forward to not wanting to stuff my face every five minutes and actually be able to concentrate when I'm reading something.

anyone have experience with either or med they'd like to share?
>>
>>27825033
bipolar type 1 reporting in
I've been taking wellbutrin for nearly three years now, it's like a miracle drug
curbs appetite
gives me motivation
helps me stay awake
unfortunately it does make me a little irritable, and it doesn't get rid of my depressive episodes, it only gives me the energy to get things done when I'd normally be comatose.

I'd highly recommend it in combination with therapy to aid in treating your depression.
>>
>>27824530
Couple years now. That wave was about 3 months long, living hell. And it ended out of
pretty much nowhere.
>>
>you will live to 85

Just fick my shit up I don't want to
>>
>>27825057
>wellbutrin

Gave me seizures

Fuck that meme drug
>>
File: 1458496497194.gif (442 KB, 400x425) Image search: [Google]
1458496497194.gif
442 KB, 400x425
>>27825057
awesome, that's exactly what i wanted to hear. I'm glad it's working out for you, anon. I hope it'll work in the same fashion for me.
Have you lost any weight while taking it so far?

I can't wait to get off the seroquel tbhonest. it's making me want to shove my fat face full of food all the damn time. it's a terrible drug that should really only be used to treat schizos in my uneducated opinion..
>>
Depression/ASPD.

Fucking hell I don't feel like I relate to anyone and just want to find some qt somewhere who knows these feels

Used to be /k/ommando but gave all my gun stuff away to a friend to hold because otherwise I'd stick a loaded gun in my mouth roughly once a year. Just started fluoxetine not long ago and felt like a functional human being for the first time in years; planning on going back to school and trying to ditch substance abuse.
>>
>>27825574
sorry to hear that m8 but your psychiatrist didn't do their job properly.

>>27825590
I initially lost a ton of weight, like 30lbs, quit smoking, it was amazing. the next year I gained it all back and then some because I went back to drinking, but I've lost it all again and keeping it off thanks to cutting way back on the liquor. it definitely curbs your appetite, but with any medication the most important thing is just to watch what you eat and get enough exercise.
>>
>>27825698
What substances pham
>>
>>27825899
Alcohol/kratom/N2O. Nothing too exciting
>>
>>27825554
Same. I'm dreadimg my older years. Hopefully I'll die before my 70s.
>>
>>27825554
>>27826140
It horrifies me as well. I've seen so many people with dementia, alzheimers or just being so physically and mentally deteoriated to the point where they shit themselves and their nurse cleans it up.

Fuck that noise. I wish I lived in Belgium or the Netherlands where you're allowed euthansia for those conditions. I only hope my country does the same as well.
>>
File: tYCRlsr.jpg (248 KB, 889x667) Image search: [Google]
tYCRlsr.jpg
248 KB, 889x667
>>27822680
thank you for responding f a m that was helpful
>>
>>27820017

Stole some fries. Sucked too, I was the best employee there and the GM saw how underpotentiated I was by the previous managers, including the one he was temporarily replacing. But I kinda play by my own rules, it wasn't the first thing I stole (tho both incidents involved minor items). He fired me to show me he had to
>>
File: A Man on Edge.png (80 KB, 183x220) Image search: [Google]
A Man on Edge.png
80 KB, 183x220
> Wake up
> ohgodno.jpg
> Struggle to get out of bed
> No appetite or energy
> Take medication, I feel like it does nothing but keep doing it anyways
> Go outside, always feel like everyone is looking at me / laughing at me
> Doggypaddle through classes
> Get out of class, go back to room
> Feel like a failure for not working
> Can't work for half an hour without wanting to drink or smoke or fap
> Can't sleep when I want to, end up staying up until some ungodly hour every day
> Wake up at least x3 a night covered in sweat
> Repeat
>>
>>27825698
Can't you tell your friend to own the guns for you and you can just ask him to go to the range when you want to shoot them?
>>
>first time I actually connect with a girl
>she might die of cancer

What a cruel twist of fate. It's just like the movies.
>>
Depression here, just got done dropping another semester of classes because there's really no point at this point. I desperately want to kill myself and have gotten close a couple of times, but I can't fucking do it thanks to mental conditioning that's making me feel way too guilty about it. I've tried the "it won't matter to you when you're dead" reasoning, but it just doesn't work. I'm considering finding a cop to shoot me, but that'll be tough because I'm white. Please send help.
>>
>>27826836
Have you gotten any psychiatric help? I was there some 3-4 years ago but finally did that not too long ago and things have looked up a bit since
>>
>>27813870

Bipolar 2

tbqh senpai
>>
>>27827844
I did a long time ago, it might be about time to do that.
>>
why can't I just be dead already
Thread replies: 132
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.