[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone here ever had like a deeply spiritual experience? I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1421582828728.jpg (52 KB, 604x586) Image search: [Google]
1421582828728.jpg
52 KB, 604x586
Anyone here ever had like a deeply spiritual experience?

I've got a bit of a strange interest in them and I've read a few books on the subject. I like reading personal stories of religious reawakenings and near-death experiences and even just trip reports of people feeling God while on psychs or disses.

I've got bipolar disorder, type I. It makes me go through these "up" periods, clinically known as manic episodes, where I'm so full of energy that I start to go a little cuckoo. I've had a few moments, while in this state, where I really felt like I had a strong connection with God. This one time in particular, I felt this overwhelming current of electricity running from the base of my spine right up to the tip of my brain, which made me feel like I was an antenna picking up messages from the heavens. I was filled with this very powerful love for all of humanity and it felt like we were all connected in a very deep, metaphysical way.

I've had many more spiritual experiences during my manic episodes, that one was just the most significant for me. It's a bit strange, but my episodes have always taken a religious theme. I stay up for days reading all these religious texts because it feels like I'm given this important cosmic destiny to finally reach "enlightenment", or whatever you wanna call it.

I don't really know what to think of all this, as for whether there's anything to take from it. When I've come down from my manic state, I kinda take it all with a grain of salt. It's still very interesting to me though.
>>
yuh huh
>>
you've done had a kundalini samadhi experience and established your intent to liberate mankind from suffering?

become a competent mediator to bust your mania. people practice a long time and never come to such realizations.

raising your the energy from your base chakra to your crown requires balanced hemispheric processing.
>>
One time I managed to get myself to really be present in the moment. It is a cliche until you actually fully experience it. It's such a freeing experience. It literally felt like weight was lifted from shoulders. Before it happened I had been tired and miserable dreading the next day. When it happened I had so much energy and clarity. Never been back there again unfortunately, this happened years ago. Want to get there again but I think the problem is I keep looking back and trying to get back to that state which obviously is unhelpful when I'm trying to abandon the past and the future
>>
>>27737852
Yeah, I was randomly reading about kundalini experiences a few months after it happened and it was really mindblowing to see that other people have gone through a similar thing. I've been trying meditation for a while. I don't know if I'm getting any good at it, but it's very calming.
>>
>>27737426
God gave me a sign once, long story short Christianity is true.
>>
Any kind of spiritual or religious experience or vision of God is a manifestation of mental illness
>>
>>27738214
According to this saying. Everyone would be mentally ill from the start. Glitches in reality can happen even to healthy people. It can be lot more common than you think.

Though the occurrence could be happening only once or twice depending the case.
>>
>>27737426
Had some encounter with some entities while lucid dreaming and had numerous experience being spirited away to some mysterious abandoned place while dreaming.
>>
>>27738214
I don't think that really explains anything, since mental illness is usually just normal mental functions taken to their extremes. It still begs the question: why is part of our brain dedicated to these spiritual states? It has to be ingrained within us, since people all over the world report similar experiences as one another.
>>
>>27737426
When I tried to kill myself, I heard a voice scream "NO" even though I was alone. I am convinced it was God and I put down my knife, took up religion and have never looked back
>>
I don't know if this counts, but I was supposed to be working at this camp one summer but I quit on like the second day because my gf who had just broken up with me was working there too and I couldn't handle being stuck there with her.

Anyway when I told the head counselor about it I basically broke down crying and he took me to the office to talk to the guys who ran the camp.

Anyway they talked to me to see if I really wanted to leave or if I could pull through it and I said I couldn't. So they said I could leave but they had me pray with them beforehand (it was a Christian camp).

I'm not really religious and it was my first time being in a group prayer so I was sorta skeptical. Like these three guys putting their arms around me and praying out loud for me and asking God to help me on my way.

It was a very powerful moment and I felt extremely connected and positive. I basically felt completely accepted and welcome among human society. But it was more than that. It really made me look at religion differently.

There's nothing better than feeling part of a whole.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.