[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A question for you who consider yourself a loner. Where you always
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: 1454413062256.jpg (121 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1454413062256.jpg
121 KB, 960x960
A question for you who consider yourself a loner. Where you always a loner? Did you learn to socialize at the playground? Did your parents arrange play dates?
>>
File: 1411966812675.jpg (175 KB, 357x575) Image search: [Google]
1411966812675.jpg
175 KB, 357x575
I used to have tons of friends and I was well known in my area.
Then I started getting really paranoid about people talking about me behind my back.
So slowly I distanced myself from everyone.
Now I dont talk to anybody and I never leave my house.
>>
I was doing alright through school, it was a small town and I was relatively famous for being smart, never had too big social issues. I still pulled through as a khhv, but that aside I was normal as far as relationships went. After that I had a year off and then went to uni, didn't keep in touch with anyone and at uni no one really cares enough to get close. Everyone socializes the bare minimum to keep up appearances, no one goes even slightly out of their way to spend time with me, the few times I tried to go on the offense didn't result in anything that I could call a victory.
>>
>>27725940
>Where you always a loner?
Kind of? I was mostly friends with people in school by proxy of sitting near them in class. I never got invited to anything unless I invited myself, and thats a pretty assholish thing to do
>Did you learn to socialize at the playground?
Somewhat, I don't completely break down when someone speaks to me
>Did your parents arrange play dates?
No considering I grew up in a time where a kid was expected to find their own entertainment.
>>
>>27726027
Are you the underground man?

Oddly enough not an original comment
>>
File: 1439775946404.jpg (295 KB, 884x902) Image search: [Google]
1439775946404.jpg
295 KB, 884x902
>>27725940
Good idea for a thread.
I became a loner when my parents transferred me from a private Catholic school to a public school in 3rd grade. From that moment on, I never was able to connect anyone. Sure, I had acquaintances that I talked too, but I never actually did anything outside of school and this continued throughout the rest of grade school, middle school, and high school. And yes, my parents did arrange play dates for me when I was very young.

I blame it on my parents wanting to know the parents of people I hung out with before I did anything with them. I couldn't hang out with people in high school because my parents thought I was going to be doing drugs or some shit. But ultimately, it's my fault. And it makes me sad.

The ironic thing is that I'm in University to become a high school teacher, so it's going to be weird to see these relationships flourishing and here I am, there teacher, who never experienced that fun.
>>
>>27726150
>there teacher
meant their
>>
>>27726113

>No considering I grew up in a time where a kid was expected to find their own entertainment.

How old are you? When was this time? I thought parents taught their kids to socialize even in the 50's?
>>
I've always had friends in school (well, friends in the sense that I can talk to them casually) but I never saw anyone outside of school. One time some guys came round my house to ask if I wanted to go somewhere but my mom said I was busy, they never asked again after that
>>
>>27726150
>I blame it on my parents wanting to know the parents of people I hung out with before I did anything with them. I couldn't hang out with people in high school because my parents thought I was going to be doing drugs or some shit. But ultimately, it's my fault. And it makes me sad.

No, it is your parents faults. There is a reason kids are not allowed to buy insurance or having sex with adults. Cause they are too young to be able to have responsibilities.

It's not like you where 22.
>>
>>27725940
yes
no
not really. Very occasionally with some troublemaker kid who didn't really like me.

Funny think is, I was reading about the Unabomber the other day. Apparently he listed skipping a year due to being clever and then being bullied by the older kids as a turning point in his life. It was the same for me.

I was a loner already, but that really kicked me into the gutter and the downward spiral.
>>
>>27725940
after the age of 12
when i was younger
no
>>
I moved house and schools at age 6. I don't have any memories before that. When I started school at age 6 I didn't know how to make friends and was far too shy to talk to anyone, so I sat in the corner of the playground every playtime and lunch time for a long time until someone came over and befriended me. This has been more or less my methodology for my whole life but upon reaching the adult world the strategy has run dry. I think I'll be a lonely NEET for my life (because I'm too shy to go through the resume/application/interview bullshit process) until I die on the streets after family get fed up of keeping me.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.