[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone have any quick tips on how to talk to other humans?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: killme.jpg (24 KB, 415x192) Image search: [Google]
killme.jpg
24 KB, 415x192
Does anyone have any quick tips on how to talk to other humans?
>>
my best advice is this: do not talk to people on omegle
they tend to be the dumbest of the dumb
>>
>>27710212
This. I have actually met few interesting people.
But 99 out of 100 are thirsty retards,
neckbeards pretending to be girls, actual hopeless girls, or whatever uninteresting people with nothing valuable to talk about.
You know people are hopeless when you
they start a conversation with ASL.
What a fucking pathetic question.
>>
First part of meeting someone is smalltalk. Nobody likes this shit, but you use it to find a common interest that will be more interesting for the two of you to talk about. Common smalltalk topics are current events, movies, music, and television. You can also ask them basic questions about their life; what they do for a living, if they are local or moved to where they are recently.

Ideally in conversation you should smoothly transition from one topic to a related topic. You also shouldn't be the only person moving the conversation forward, if it feels like they're not contributing to the conversation's progress, this is a hint that they don't want to talk to you! Sometimes people just don't want to talk or meet new people, don't take it personally.

Conversation is much easier in a group than just one-on-one. There's less risk of awkward silences. If an awkward silence comes up and you can't think of a related topic to discuss, go back to one of your smalltalk topics or questions.
>>
>>27710312
Anytime they ask ASL I just disconnect
>>
>>27710326
This. I've started uni this year and for the first few months I was trying to befriend my housemate. No matter how off ten I engaged him he'd never engage me, I came to realise while he'll happily talk to me it wasn't something he was particularly interested in and wouldn't move the convocation forward. I've just stopped trying now it was too disappointing so now we just exchange pleasantries when we see one another. Point is not everyone wants to be your friend.
>>
>>27710197
I mostly just fuck the sissies on the bbc threads.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.