[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>family come over, want to see me >pretend to be sleeping
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1460026707447.jpg (139 KB, 670x701) Image search: [Google]
1460026707447.jpg
139 KB, 670x701
>family come over, want to see me
>pretend to be sleeping
Everytime. How do I gain courage?
>>
>>27709687
why don't they just take the lock off your bedroom?
>>
>>27709728
It has no lock. I live in my mom's basement. The family just came down to talk and I lied in my bed with my eyes closed so they left. This has to be the 5th time this has happened.
>>
You just force yourself to do it anon.

You won't ever get better at social interaction unless you force yourself to. Will your muscles grow if you don't pick up a weight? Nope. Will you learn a new language without practicing everyday and sounding like a absolute moron to native speakers for the first few months? Nope.

Things only improve in life if you force them to improve. Next time they come round. Get out as soon as they get there, have a smile and just force yourself to be interested in them. Tell them about things you're thinking about doing. Even if they are just pipes dreams at the moment. Tell them you're thinking about maybe teaching English in China for a few months. Whatever, it can be total bullshit. Just get them interested in you. And you'll be interested and happy with them.

You can do it anon. I believe in you. :)
>>
also, forgot to add! Don't let them come down to your room. It'll make it much harder. You go up to the living room!!
>>
>>27709765
>hide from mommy
way to tackle your problems head on.
I'm proud of you anon
>>
>>27709913
It's not Mommy that's the problem. It's my Aunt and Uncle and my cousin. I feel so inferior, I can't even look in their eyes without blushing.
>>
>>27709870
Thanks for the advice friend. You've given me motivation. I know I can change things around, I know I can!
>>
>>27709956
Acquiring independance is always a good start, why not break out of the family home or wherever you're at, sounds like a circus. Living alone is way more comfy
>>
>>27709687
>family come over to see me
>havent communicated with them in like 10 years because I always bail whenever they are coming over and I never go to their houses when invited
>theyre great people but theyre strangers to me who have nothing in common and it's awkward as hell
>always end up either sleeping in a parking lot for 8 hours when they come over and hiding over at my dads house
>feel guilty because I never visit my dad besides these occasions and im clearly taking advantage of my parents divorce

Fuck it. If I don't want to be around them I shouldn't have to be. Just because SOME of us share a little common blood (fuck off aunts/uncles related by marriage) it's like I'm obligated to make pretend to love them.
>>
>>27710150
Aww that's sad anon, i'm crying tears for you :(
>>
>>27710348
It's not sad. I personally feel no sadness when I bail on my family. I do feel guilt when I use my dad but that degenerate beat me throughout my childhood so as far as I see it he owes me.

Anyways it's pretty low to kick somebody when they're down just to make yourself feel better. Nothing screams insecurity more than that. I will gladly talk through your issues with you as I think it could be beneficial to the both of us.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.