[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw you realize that consciousness and free will themselves
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
File: 1458340813349.jpg (713 KB, 1205x1200) Image search: [Google]
1458340813349.jpg
713 KB, 1205x1200
>tfw you realize that consciousness and free will themselves are noting but an illusions
>>
>>27688614
it was pretty obvious to me as a kid, ever since 14.
consciousness means absolutely nothing. it simply means you are not brain dead, which brings me to my next point. free will is nonexistent, neurons are essentially biological circuits. They fire electro-ionic pulses as communication, and have a couple of other biological modulators. A computer sophisticated enough would have the same functionality as a human brain. People are essentially just sufficiently advanced machines.

this ultimately means that nothing you do here matters. do what you are content with. when people die, they are thrown into a void, a state of not knowing anything essentially. a peaceful but eternal sleep.

so robots, do what you are content with. if you are saddened by how pathetic you are, if you feel comfortable, you fulfill your purpose on this planet. close your eyes and relax. this ride will end for all of us, regardless of how robot or normie we all are. nothing can stop the eventual void we will all reach.
>>
Prove the free will doesn't exist.
>>
File: 1445887350114.png (608 KB, 535x943) Image search: [Google]
1445887350114.png
608 KB, 535x943
>>27688614
Free will is the stupidest fucking notion on Earth, I have no idea how it even exists as a concept.

Oh, you "could" do something but simply "choose" not to? That means that in this moment in time as long as you DON'T do it you literally CAN'T do it, there is no weird alternate universe that exists where you did do it, all we have is this one line in time, there are no choices at all, it's a straight fucking un-branching line. Everything you "don't" do you can not do and everything you "do" is literally forced upon you by whatever lead you to make that "choice".

Free will is a fucking farce that people pretend to believe in, against good reason, to make themselves feel as if they are in control of their lives.
>>
>>27689332
To prove it exists is the difficult feat, to prove it doesn't exist is easy. Do you see any proof of the choices you didn't make being possible to make? No.
>>
>>27689366
My thoughts exactly friend. Sometimes it makes me feel better, other times worse.
>>
You're over thinking everything when you should be pursuing what you want without question.

Nihilism is the cancer of an amoral 'who cares' generation.

Stop being gay and try to enjoy yourself.
>>
I actually relate to this image alot and it's making me uncomfortable
>>
>>27688614
I agree with the notion that free will is an illusion, but how is conciousness an illusion exactly? I am concious, it's self evident. It's one of the only things I can know for sure.

>>27690414
Acknowledging "nihilistic" truths like their being no free will, no "meaning" to life, no objective morality and so on doesn't mean you have to be a mopey cunt about it.
>>
The part "i wonder if im bisexual or just lonely" got me. Are you me? Anyone who made that picture WTF?
>>
>>27691680
want to hang out and see if we're bisexual or just lonely together
>>
File: Barriers.png (100 KB, 865x1175) Image search: [Google]
Barriers.png
100 KB, 865x1175
>>27690414
Nietzsche was actually pretty optimistic about his nihilist beliefs

The fact that there's no afterlife makes our lives even more sacred, and the fact that there's no set meaning gives you the freedom to carve out your own meaning
>>
>>27689366
>there is no weird alternate universe that exists where you did do it, all we have is this one line in time, there are no choices at all, it's a straight fucking un-branching line.
quantum mechanics say otherwise, bitch.

did you know all physics simulators that currently exist and ever will exist probably use RNG?
>>
>>27688614
>tfw you're a 17 year-old who thinks he's realized the secrets of the universe
>>
>>27691729
i don't think that dude was making a point about Nietzsche's nihilism he's just using pop nihilism as a convenient scapegoat
>>
File: Perish like Dog.png (533 KB, 480x605) Image search: [Google]
Perish like Dog.png
533 KB, 480x605
>>27691777
I was trying to agree with him, sorry if I came off as a pedant

What i meant is that even Nietzsche would agree with him
>>
>>27689451
>Just because you didn't do something, it was impossible

Am I getting this right? Some possibilities are evident and obvious, yet simply unexplored, just because I'm not touching my elbow right now doesn't mean I can't.
>>
>>27690414
Pursuing everything doesn't guarantee happiness nor results
Pursuing everything without question gets people like us in bad situations, like publicly ridiculed, beaten, or even jail in some cases

You're confusing depression with Nihilism because you don't actually know anything about either

Being gay has nothing to do with not enjoying things
>>
>not posting best one
>>
File: image.jpg (89 KB, 960x576) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89 KB, 960x576
>>27691880
Shit why do I always forget the picture
>>
>>27688614
I don't like how accurately this meme image describes me
>>
bumporiginalpostpleaseletmepost
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.