[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Send help pls
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: PAL_2016-01-14_013949_392.jpg (38 KB, 458x310) Image search: [Google]
PAL_2016-01-14_013949_392.jpg
38 KB, 458x310
How do I stop demeaning myself? Every time I under-achieve, fail, or lose (even if it's my first time and the other person is pro), I always degrade myself and then I never get better. I try to build something and right in the middle of it, the only thing that comes to mind is "stop. You suck and this is terrible. Try again or quit" or something along the lines of that. No matter how little or how big, I always belittle myself for not being good enough. It's really putting a strain on me and making me feel like shit. It happens all day everyday and it even prevents me from practicing or training. What do?

Every time I listen to music I hate and berate myself for not being able to make such a song.
>>
>>27686189
OP ill help you however i too suffer from this
Problem is you are too critical with yourself.

Knowing you are bad at something shouldnt make you suffer it should make you want to achieve.
I struggled with this concept the most and I found a simple way to avoid any unnecessary pain.
Let go of any idea that you will be the best at something.
Let go.

You are holding on to some image of a perfection you made for people you admire.
Originally I thought a 'pro' was perfect in their chosen craft and set a goal to achieve this.
Unrealistic goals are damaging if you really want to succeed.
Realistically every 'pro' has their flaws that they are working on and if you look hard enough you can find them.

Seriously man;
Every pro has problems and the more skilled you become the more you are able to see flaws in your self.
Literally just concentrate on getting better sometimes its better not to see the forest when your in the trees.
For all of us OP, you can do it!
>>
>>27686722

I don't want perfection for people I admire,I just want to be good, to my standards, at something. That's all I want but my mind is always flooded with negative thoughts and I really can't deal with it. I could be such a better person if it weren't for that.

>concentrate on getting better

I try my best to do this. I really do. But I struggle with the influx of negativity here too. It kills my determination. That's why I'm such a lazy fuck now.

I think I should get help but I'm afraid of telling anyone about this including my parents. They might not believe me or make fun of me.
>>
>>27687001
Get help. Some problems yoz can't solve on your own. Trust me.
>>
>>27687069
>Get help. Some problems yoz can't solve on your own. Trust me.

Of course you can solve all problems on your own, otherwise you're a failure.
>>
>>27687169
I still think like this and it's not helping. Even if getting help with give a major blow to my pride, it's still the best choice.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.