[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I find this bizarre:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
despite the fact that society claims physical looks are supposed to matter much more for women than men, the internet is full of forums where men complain that their bad looks have severely disadvantaged their lives. Where are all the forums full of ugly women complaining about their looks? There are none. In fact, it is so rare for a woman to complain about how her ugliness disadvantages her, that a post like this (http://rebrn.com/re/people-are-just-so-mean-to-ugly-women-please-be-kinder-reddit-395877/) actually went fucking viral.

I don't get it.
>>
>>27599156
>listening to media which is trying to sell you shit
They want to create a need for their products by claiming that women's appearance are extremely important in society when they are not. It's all just about money. In reality, women are the pickier sex. Hell, we see this with most animal species too. Males have to do a dance, build a shelter, fight to death, have cumbersome plumage which will probably get them killed eventually... Females are almost always the ones who are in the position to choose. Why are women the ones targeted by the ads? I don't know. I would imagine it was based on focus groups or polls which showed that women are more susceptible to advertisements or something like.
>>
vaseline
>>
>>27599156
Men acknowledge their physical shortcomings because it's apparent from rejection and school yard teasing of each others flaws
Women are likely to have supportive networks of friends who will constantly call them beautiful on everything they post
The truth is men fixate on what's wrong with their appearance even when they out grow it or its almost non existent whilst women are more likely to be oblivious to their own physical shortcomings
>>
>>27599246
>women targeted by ads
>women influenced more by them as their emotions elicit stronger responces
>men influenced by women as women have emotional control over men
women are used to contol men as women are the ones who control the direction society heads
>>
>>27599246
Women buy more stuff so advertising is bound to effect them more
>>
>>27599156
>be stunningly beautiful woman with big tits
>be taller than usual for a woman with proportional bodyframe
>get objectified in lads mag
OMG WHAT AN INSPIRATION FOR FAT PEOPLE
>>
>>27599156
>Where are all the forums full of ugly women complaining about their looks? There are none
I hope you don't actually believe this
>>
>>27599257
this happens when men are told they are shallow and women don't experience any stigma for being shallow
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.