[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
do you guys ever freak out and think that the things you imagine
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 1452142413628.jpg (96 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
1452142413628.jpg
96 KB, 960x540
do you guys ever freak out and think that the things you imagine will make you happy won't actually make you happy and you'll just be as hollow and depressed inside if you ever get them

does that worry you?

like what the fuck do you even do at that point? you finally get everything you thought you wanted and you feel nothing, you feel completely empty inside.

do you just kill yourself? everything you've worked for and lived for is now null
>>
>>27575238
not so much, since I know I'll be dead long before I ever actually decide to do something to better myself
>>
I have felt this many times over in my life. Getting something you wanted so badly provides temporary elation, then you realize you are still empty, still not fulfilled. You are still slowly dying. Your life will still one day be extinguished and never have meant a thing.
I got a promotion at my job last year that I had been working on for 2 years. I went home and smoked weed that night and realized that my life is a literal joke. I am still a peasent wage slave. I am still not important. All this promotion will get me is more stress and some more numbers on my digital bank account. Will this be my lifes work? My job is meaningless and I know it. The only purpose it serves is to make money for the sake of making money.

I remember as a kid in school how the world seemed so full of possibilities. The best was always yet to come. But i realize now that nothing will ever be as good as those years. I wish i could go back to the extreme blue pill that was being a teenager
>>
Yeah. I used to freak out a lot about never being able to get a job when I finish school and not having money. Now I got a job, I have money but that doens't help.

I think it's just a trap that normies use. Kinda like in poker when you put some money in you feel kinda bad about folding. So they fool us into studying, working hard or trying to succeed. And by the time we realize it will never get better we already don't want to fold.
>>
>>27575238
>hink that the things you imagine will make you happy won't actually make you happy and you'll just be as hollow and depressed inside if you ever get them
I don't have to think that, I have lived it time and time again.

>>27575301
Isn't it funny. We really do behave like immortals. Doing pointless shit, surrounding ourselves with material possessions. Like we're never going to die.
>>
>>27575579

well why do you think immortals are depicted that way?

false gods being created in man's own image unable to escape from our own hubris.
>>
>>27575238

i think the inherent niggerfaggotry will fade in time OP
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.