[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Star Wars VII >strong female protagonist >Rogue One
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 8
File: image.png (156 KB, 436x425) Image search: [Google]
image.png
156 KB, 436x425
>Star Wars VII
>strong female protagonist
>Rogue One is coming out this year
>it's about the rebels stealing the plans for the Death Star
>you guessed it
>STRONG FEMALE PROTAGONIST
>>
welcome to the "new" trend in movies. strong female leads. ever since hunger games came out there's been a big push for this shit, every movie needs to have a Stronk Female Lead.

people keep paying for this shit, so they will keep making them. i can easily see this become the 'new trend' where they get some book or a series of books that have a Stronk Female and make movies out of them.

does anyone know any types of books or series of books that have that type of character, one that hasn't been made into a movie yet? because we'll most likely see a movie of that book/series soon.
>>
File: 1458459862359.gif (537 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1458459862359.gif
537 KB, 480x270
waaah waaah waaaaaaaah
a bloo bloo bloo waaah waaah waaaaah
bawwwwwwwwwwwwww
>>
File: 1455492136923.png (719 KB, 728x720) Image search: [Google]
1455492136923.png
719 KB, 728x720
I've always wondered how insecure a person has to be about their masculinity that they can't stand the idea of ever playing A GAME as a girl character.
>>
>>27704567

anime movies soon friendo, if GitS with scarjo does well
>>
>>27704627
i can play games as a girl, thing is that these movies with girls are shit. it's not because i'm a dude. it's because the characters are written as shit., especially the females.
>>
as opposed to the literally countless amount of movies with strong male protagonists?
>>
>>27704519
normies ruined SW too

more like Social Justice wars
>>
>>27704519
Here's a thought,

WHY DONT THEY MAKE A STAR WARS MOVIE THAT ISNT ABOUT BLOWING UP A GIANT SPACE ORB?

Why are they so unimaginative. I hate the normies making these movies so much....
>>
>>27704701
the funny thing is these female characters aren't even feminine, they're basically just a skinny male character that just happen to have a vagina.

just think about star wars episode 7. she's not feminine... you can interchange that character with a skinny young guy and the entire story wouldn't change in any significant way. that's the most clear cut sign that the only reason they chose a female lead was to...just have a female lead. that's pretty much it.

what the fuck happened to female leads like sarah connor?
>>
>>27704519
Star Wars 7 was shit. It was trying so desperately hard to be just like the originals that there was nothing special about it at all. It was boring and lazy.

Also, I've got the horrible feeling that Finn will turn out to be Lando's son. And it'll turn out Leia was his mother.
>>
>>27704784
the female characters are soulless -- guess you could call that masculine or whatever. and the movies that have those HOT CHISELED MEN are shit tier too, like Red Dawn or whatever (the one where Korea takes over America). normies watch bullshit movies, can't stand em.
>>
Yeah i don't really care if the acting is good t b h. Anyway it's not like it's a completely new thing just look at Sigourney weaver in the 80 with alien and Linda hamilton with terminator
>>
>Movie about taking the death star plans
>No Manny Bothans
Do they ever watch the shit they adapt?
>>
>>27704519
As long is a good character I don't give a shit

Anime is doing this for decades and nobody give a shit
>>
>>27704627
I always play video games as girls and I hate muh strong female trope.
>>
File: 3IF1awU.jpg (825 KB, 1560x2744) Image search: [Google]
3IF1awU.jpg
825 KB, 1560x2744
>women
>leadership

Pick one. All they are good for is consuming resources and being emotional.
>>
>>27704519
WHO GIVES A SHIT

GARETH EDWARDS CAN NOW WORK ON THE GODZILLA SEQUEL

RODAN, MOTHRA AND MOTHERFUCKING KING GHIDORAH CONFIRMED

WRITER SAID IT WILL BE "BIGGER AND BETTER" THAN THE LAST ONE WITH MORE GODZILLA SCREENTIME
>>
>>27704867
yea blah blah blah women are shit

but really, sarah connor and ellen ripley are really good characters. these are the type of leads we need in movies, not fucking jennifer lawrence being legolas
>>
>>27704701
Then don't watch shitty movies. No one ever said you HAD to watch something because its new and talked about
>>
>movie with female protanist
>she isn't mentally unstable, emotional, always cold, crying herself to sleep at night, drinking coffee ironically

When will Hollywood get their shit together?
>>
>>27704926
when people stop paying to watch that garbage?
>>
There have always been female leads and as long as they are hot or cute I don't mind
There are enough stories with male characters so having female leads at least makes things different
>inb4 cuck/SJW
>>
Why do it bother you?
Any protagonist must have some gender, in this case it is female.
>>
>>27704958
cuck/SJW
>>
>>27704958
lol it doesn't make anything different, that's our point... it's just a shoe horned in female lead
>>
>>27704519
Strong female protagonists are hot.
>>
>>27704984
If it doesn't make a difference then how the fuck is it shoehorned in?
>>
>>27704519
Fuck, I knew I couldn't be the only one who thought this.

Look Hollywood, we get it, you need to look """'"'progressive"""""" or some shit because MUH IMPOWERMINT or whatever. When it crosses the boundary where we stop believing this was a natural choice and it's painfully obvious that was forced.

You can have your female leads, but stop doing it for the wrong reasons.

Please do FUCK OFF and let us nerds have our own thing.
>>
>>27704786

sounds about right. star wars is massive incest orgy.
>>
File: 1458237397713.jpg (27 KB, 400x386) Image search: [Google]
1458237397713.jpg
27 KB, 400x386
>>27704519
It's funny because women on RL are shit and depend on white knights for everything
>>
Thats why I havent been in cinemas since The Hobbits.
>>
>>27704701

There have been some good ones, though. Alien, Terminator, Terminator 2, the first Hunger Games movie...
>>
>>27705092
kek. the final hobbit movie was the last movie i watched in a theater too, on christmas day too.

it was terrible. i have no interest in sitting in a theater again, i'd rather wait 2-4 months until the torrent gets released.
>>
>>27704893
>sarah connor and ellen ripley are really good characters
Because they are well written female lead characters with feminine qualities, not just man characters with vagina.
>>
>>27704784
fucking this dude
I would say that the 80's action movies did female leads quite well, and even some modern horror films, but it has gotten weird lately
>>
>>27705127
You mean the movie itself or being in the cinema?

Movie was pretty alright, kind of a cashgrab that ignored the book, it shouldve been all in 1, maximum 2 movies anyways.

I think The Hobbit movies are fanservice and if youre into LotR to a degree that goes beyond
>WE WUZ NERDS
then you can be satisfied with it.
>>
>>27705224
the movie, the theater was mostly empty except for some mexicans and a qt girl

it shouldn't have been more than two movies. everything they added to it completely ruined the pace of the movie, the only decent additions were the Dol Guldur stuff
>>
>80s female character
>cries and is scared that a killer robot from the future is trying to kill her
>10s female character
>karate kicks giant killer robot from the future and makes a quip about "ugh boys"
>>
>>27705109
>hunger games
Pre teen millennial girl detected.
>>
File: 1439846561596.gif (414 KB, 480x238) Image search: [Google]
1439846561596.gif
414 KB, 480x238
>>27704893

>need

You're so funny. It's a good thing you got my dick hard or my fedora would of hit the ground. Dumb bitch.
>>
>>27705355
no the first one was actually decent if not good. good action, gripping deaths. i didn't watch the next three because i knew they were all cuck sjw bullshit.
>>
File: 1457538676401.jpg (8 KB, 214x236) Image search: [Google]
1457538676401.jpg
8 KB, 214x236
>>27704519
"Female protagonist" is a tag in the Steam store. I don't think we guys ever cared. We played Resident Evil, Silent Hill 3, we watched Alien, and so on. Why is there so much gender politics now?

It's yet another woman pandering thing. Just make good games.
>>
>>27705400
That's the point. Female leads in Hollywood now are thrown in to please feminists and SJWs. They aren't created because that's how the director envisioned it but because it's the "hip" thing to do.
>>
>>27704519

it's a meme, and it'll run it's course eventually.
>>
>>27705469
>it's been over a hundred years and this meme has been stronger than ever
>>
>>27704519
>Caring about Star Wars after 1990

m8
>>
>>27704519
At least they're not a tranny
>>
File: star wars episode 7 the niggest.png (405 KB, 772x482) Image search: [Google]
star wars episode 7 the niggest.png
405 KB, 772x482
>>27704519

Movies like niggersode 7 are the proof that you need to purge LA
>>
>>27705463
Yeah, I agree. It just seems that women always have to make everything about them, with no regard or respect for the original medium or source material. If you advertise something on "female protagonist" then I alreay don't care anymore because we've had good female protagonists for years, way before it became a buzzword. It's the tumblr generation.
>>
>>27705719
When it will happen? First legit tranny protagonist in action movie?
>>
It's hard to argue with feminists that strong female characters suck because it wasn't really good before either. Cinema has been poopoo forever now.

>get superhero license
>super evil w + mouse 1 bad guy
>all the antagonists in the movie are literal retards who manage to miss every shot
>villain about to die
>protagonist says something snarky before killing them
I kinda enjoyed Schwarzenegger films but he honestly killed cinema
>>
>>27704519
>90% of movies so far have male lead
That's just the way of the world.

>more movies with female leads start to come out
THOSE FUCKING FEMINAZIS ARE RUINING EVERYTHING!
>>
>Writing a book with a female main character
>People are going to call me an SJW

How can I prevent this? Have someone rape her at some point? The rape part was a joke but seriously, how do I prevent this?
>>
>>27705776
the way things are going, very very soon
>>
I don't get it.

I kind of liked the new Star Wars, I mean it kind of was just a remake of Episode IV, but still, I liked it.

Besides I think the female lead is cute.
>>
>>27705833
>That's just the way of the world.
No, they bring the biggest profit. I dont remember where i've read but 30 years ago producers refused to do more black male leads because it wasnt that profitable. Going with current trend, females leads will increase as long as people will go to see movie - they dont care about bad reception as long as you buy a ticket.
>>
>>27705863
focus on making her an interesting character than some 'lol im a female' centered bullshit. basically, dont focus on gender at all
>>
No shit. You fat losers will buy it anyway, the girls will buy it when there are strong girls.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.