[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /NEET mistakes/ here? >Neet shut-in since I was 16 >Almost
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: 142301978988.png (279 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
142301978988.png
279 KB, 500x375
Who /NEET mistakes/ here?

>Neet shut-in since I was 16
>Almost 25 now
>Cyborg friend tells me job is available where he works
>Say without thinking that I'll apply
>Parents are proud of me, expecting the best
>Spend all day creating the worst CV
>Literally nothing to put on one
>Delete everything
>Realize this is not what I want
>It's retail
>Have had extremely limited human contact for almost a decade
>Supposed to call him today so he can collect my CV

I don't know what to do. I know it's simple to tell my friend that I can't do it, but then I will have to pretend to my parents that I've heard back from the boss and didn't get it. I was this close to becoming a wage slave. I know that day might come, but I think I can minimize my human interaction if I learn something like programming while NEET.
>>
or you COULD do it and, at least, earn some job experience. People always look for someone, who's already been working somewhere else, be it even retail, because they know that the would-be employee already tasted the bitter venom that is wagecuckery. Trust me, I did it, worked my ass off at a warehouse, then one upped it with a not-bad-but-not-good work at a hotel reception desk, which gave me, in total 2 years worth of wageslave experience. So when I graduate, IF I graduate, I could actually get something semi-decent (cuz let's face it - no one's gonna give you a cushy job with a high salary tight off the bat, everyone hates you and everything about you, that's how the job market works), instead of getting shit jobs for the first couple of years.
>>
>>27656717
i'd agree with you there, i worked a job i didn't like for 3 years so i could get the experience to do something better.
>>
File: 1438889587616.jpg (92 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1438889587616.jpg
92 KB, 1024x768
>>27656046
Do it op, I am in a similar situation but younger with no friend to help me, I would take the chance, be positive when you talk with your parents about it, after a few month start looking into more stuff, its your chance to turn it around.
You want to do it anon this is why you made the thread, make sure to have name and contact info at the top, and keep it in one page, good luck
Fuck I need a job too..
>>
I know a long time being NEET makes getting a job seem scary, I thought I'd hate having no free time, but on the contrary, being busy all the time has made me a lot happier.

Obviously it won't solve all your problems but it will shift that feeling of being a useless layabout making no money.

If you're NEET you're essentially stagnating and working at least makes you feel as if you're being productive or doing something towards your future, even if you aren't earning much.

It's hard OP, interviews too, but you have to turn it around at some point OP. Go for it, I believe in you.
>>
>>27656717
>>27656787
>>27657074
>>27658373
OP here, I abandoned thread pretty much straight after I posted and now I see it on page 1 again. I jumped the gun guys. I had a full on panic attack and text him saying I'm not ready for it. I was so angry at myself I smashed my phone up. This is the reality of being NEET, the real world is so distant and terrifying.
>>
>>27658486
As long as he hasn't passed that information onto the employer yet you could always backtrack, apologize to your friend and say you would still like to take the chance.

Assuming you want it
>>
>>27656046
Why not apply to work as a warehouse guy. Minimal interaction
>>
26 year old here
Have had numerous jobs but spent most of adult life as a NEET

You have a friend so you're probably normal enough but I've never had a job I enjoyed. Always treated like shit by coworkers, always hated giving up so much time for so little money, always just wished I could be home with my computer.
>>
Just fake your resume. Put fake addresses and fake names of where you worked/volunteered so they can't check it. If they ask for references (they won't, it's retail) then the result is the same as not submitting a resume at all anyways.
>>
File: cv.png (25 KB, 384x525) Image search: [Google]
cv.png
25 KB, 384x525
/r9k/ emergency cv template.
>>
>>27658486
>This is the reality of being NEET, the real world is so distant and terrifying

You are a beautiful one. There is no going back.
You and I are a "cause and effect" result of society.

I wish i could join you and find a job but now that i have seen the bigger picture, it kills my soul inside knowing im just wasting my life away making some other dumbass rich.
>>
>>27659016
kek
nice anon
>>
>>27659373
>I wish I could join you

In a way, I've actually joined (You). I did a complete 180 and said I wouldn't take the job. My life might not amount to anything, but I'm comfy. Coming this close to leaving NEET life after so long really frightened me. And even though what other anons are saying above (just go for it) makes sense to me, it's easier said than done. The truth is that I will most likely need professional help if I am ever to enter the working world.
>>
>>27659373
>now that i have seen the bigger picture

By "seen the bigger picture" do you mean "spent so much time on /r9k/ that I've started to adopt their shitposting as a reality"

There's always going to be someone richer, the same applies to your bosses and superiors, they aren't at the top either.

Start focusing on what you have, rather than what you don't have, or you'll never be happy or able to appreciate anything.

And if you choose to be NEET your whole life, you'll never achieve any personal milestones either because you need to be making money in order to be self sufficient, and being out there and working isn't half as depressing as you're expecting it to be. It will force you to socialize a little, even if you dislike the sound as it, you're a human and you require interaction with other human beings.

But I'm sure you have a list as long as my arm as to why you don't want to work, fact is you're just a useless lazy fuck.
>>
>>27659658
>Start focusing on what you have, rather than what you don't have

See. theres the main problem.

What if i have no motivation to obtain riches/fame/fortune?
What if im not jealous of the next idiot that passes by me in a Lamborghini?
What if im content with my life the way it is?

If i dont want any of that then what do i work for?
>>
>>27659807
I'd imagine most people reach a point in their life where they aren't content sponging off their parents, be it because they start to feel like a burden, or because the lack of independence makes them feel pathetic.

Maybe you're 18-21 or so now, but I'd be surprised if many people manage to get to their mid 20s and feel completely fine just living off their parents hard work, and having the "I'll just get a job when it comes to that" mindset is also bad because as we all know, having no experience at that age is a huge red flag if you're not a grade A bullshitter when it comes to your resume / references / employment history. But to lie at that level takes intelligence, resources and charisma.
>>
lol hows neet life? you do know that your parent wish that you having suicide.
>collect disability checks and proud
LOL WHITE RACE IS END
>>
File: leech.jpg (655 KB, 1019x1285) Image search: [Google]
leech.jpg
655 KB, 1019x1285
>>27659926
>where they aren't content sponging off their parents
Not him but us neets in western europe get free housing and neetbux. We can fully support ourselves on our own.

Where is your god now, slave?
>>
>>27659992
Aren't those kind of housing terraced usually in ghetto areas populated by druggies, people blasting shitty music through the walls and scummy criminals all around though?

I wouldn't want to live in a place like that myself.

Living in a nice area where people smile at each other and wish each other a good morning etc is more uplifting than you'd think.
>>
>>27660045
>Aren't those kind of housing terraced usually in ghetto areas populated by druggies, people blasting shitty music through the walls and scummy criminals all around though?
I said Western Europe, not North America slave
>>
>>27660062
I'm British, but I've lived in Norway and Denmark too.

Poor areas are shitholes regardless of country.
>>
>>27660161
>Poor areas are shitholes regardless of country.
Sure we have shitty areas here as well, but it is nothing compared to the USA.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.