[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is wrong with me. I'm in a relationship with a girl
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 13731343009.png (770 KB, 753x1040) Image search: [Google]
13731343009.png
770 KB, 753x1040
What is wrong with me. I'm in a relationship with a girl and it started out with us just chatting. After awhile we decided to meet. She was the most innocent girl i've ever seen. Felt like I could protect her and always be there to support her.

But then I got sick and she nursed me back to health. After that it seems like our roles got completely reversed. Now she acts like an overly caring mother figure and i'm her child. My self esteem is in the gutter right now and I always want to bring it up to her, but then I realise that I sort of like the way things are. But it makes me lose even more self worth.

What do I do in this kind of situation?
>>
Accept it.

Really, if the both of you like how things are, why bother trying to change something. Go with the flow brah.
>>
>>27646887

Be honest with her about it. If she can't deal with it, it's going to be a big problem down the road
>>
>>27647074
>>27647095

I don't know what i'm feeling myself. I've always had this drilled into me that a man needs to look after a woman. That he can never depend on them or be lower than them. His word needs to be final and he needs to look after himself.

And yet on one hand I feel good about it. It feels like i'm living with a mother and I don't have to worry about things. It's not like she orders me to do things, but it seems the last word is always hers if I can't make up my mind.

I'm afraid to say something to her, because after me being sick and up to this point she has actually been happy. Before she used to be completely locked up and would barely even talk with me or anyone else. Her moods would be all over the place and she would harm herself really badly. I'm afraid she'll become like that again if I say something.
>>
>>27647176
I'd fight it, if you have the natural inclinations to be a man and dominate in the relationship I wouldn't let that go so easily since that is what women seek
I'm a lost cause because I want to be sought out by a woman and have the things you have and not the other way around and I'll most likely die alone because of it
>>
>>27647176

Have a conversation about it with her if it bothers you that much. Talk about your feelings and shit. Be open and honest with her.

But I'd suggest you think about how you actually feel about the situation before you do.
>>
>>27647303

And don't listen to this faggot
>>
>>27646887
You're a normie faggot sick and tired of you people you're not robots you have someone you love and someone who cares about you.
>>
>>27647303
>>27647367
I don't even know if I want things to change because I want them to, or because my family was drilling the standard family model into my head all my life.

I will need to talk about it with her when I realise why I'm feeling like this. But even then I wouldn't know how to go about it, how to start the conversation. And what if she feels bad about it and blames herself, then regresses to her state before all of this.
>>
>>27646887
How about you man the fuck up and take back your gender role?
>>
>>27646887
>Now she acts like an overly caring mother figure and i'm her child.
On the one hand I'm seriously envious, but on the other I can see how this might just feel emasculating in reality. I think I'd talk it over with her and see if that eased my insecurities and let me enjoy it. Don't ruin a good thing here, pal. Lots of guys would kill to be in your shoes.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.