[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>your age >do you still listen to metal? >if no, what
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 125
Thread images: 15
File: cradle of filth.jpg (45 KB, 558x708) Image search: [Google]
cradle of filth.jpg
45 KB, 558x708
>your age

>do you still listen to metal?

>if no, what other genres of music? (rock, jazz and classic don't count)

>if yes, why? (saying things about posers and not being a pussy don't count)
>>
>24
>no
>punk rock, folk, singer-songwriter, classic country
>>
Yes, because it is the only good music and the true inheritor of the mantle of the great classic symphonies. All other music is absolute shit, but especially whatever OP likes.

>>
>my age
yes
>if yes, why? (saying things about posers and not being a pussy don't count
because there's so many various genres of metal, because it's a form of music that allows me to take out my aggression in a positive manor because black metal is one of the most immersive and atmospheric genres out there and there's nothing better to listen to on a night time drive because there's metal that talks about everything and anything you're bound to find lyricism that you can relate to on a personal level
>>
>>27640739
>punk rock

I forgot to include that one, metal's retarded cousin
>>
>>27640824
Ah so you're predisposed to disliking metal and punk. Kill yourself dipshit
>>
File: image.jpg (66 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66 KB, 600x600
>>27640699
Im 27 and I love me some metal. Pic related. I also love After the Burial and Periphery. I love all of it though; Metallica, Pantera, SOAD, Tool, BTBAM, A7X, etc. Rock can be just as good as metal if its the right band.

Why do I still like metal/hard rock? It sounds good to me. Thats the only real reason. The edgy culture surrounding metal doesnt really appeal to me, just the music itself.
>>
>>27640699
Yes, but I never drew attention to it
Because I actually enjoy it. I listen to vocalless stuff now, there is a good playlist on Spotify called instrumental madness
>>
>>27640699
>My age
>Do you still listen to metal
not really.
>If no what other genre
Noise, Gabber & Speedcore.
>>
>>27640871

Adding something: check this shit out

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dPX6zRQbiu4
>>
>>27640871
This exactly. I hate the edge. OriginalAboriginalAutomodIsAFag
>>
>>27640699
>20
>no
>synthpop, hip-hop, yacht rock
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WRkf9tYJls
there's nothing wrong with the edge of metal learn to enjoy lyricism about horror you fucking pussies
>>
>>27640844
Not at all, I grew up listening to exclusively both of those genres. They both provide unique lyrical themes and instrumental soundscapes found in no other genres.

However they both suffer from a major case of "things that are great but are ruined by the fanbase", such as people telling others to kill themselves over different opinions, and also being conversely pretty one-dimensional.
>>
>>27640699
>19
>occasional
>I like it
>>
> 19

> yep

> never really grew out of it past highschool. I cant really put a finger on why I like it. I just do.
>>
>>27640959
>metalhead calling people pussies over music

what did OP say about that?
>>
>>27640699

Yes, mostly black metal

I like the atmosphere and riffs, I enjoy it very much, enjoy other genres along with it but metal provides a certain feel I can get from other genres
>>
>>27640959
That's kinda soft to be honest.
>>
>>27641006
i don't give a shit about what OP said about that
what i'm saying is if you truly liked metal you wouldn't quit listening to it after a certain age you were never into it and the edge of a part of metal everything and anything can become a metal lyric rape assault pedophilia anything nothing is off limits if you can't appreciate the music go listen to vapor wave or what ever you can truly enjoy after all we all know that metal is the true music genre of the robot
>>
>>27641027
*can't

Comment not of new material
>>
File: Great.jpg (43 KB, 626x510) Image search: [Google]
Great.jpg
43 KB, 626x510
>>27640699
Yes because I enjoyed it as a child (given I listened to pure entry level shit) so I feel like it really brings me back I guess. I don't exclusively listen to metal now thought. I used to tell people their music was shit unless it was "brutal" metal.
Fav's: Doom / Sludge / Black / Drone metal and Grindcore
Non-metal: Post-Rock, East Coast Hip Hop, Experimental Rock, and Neo-Psychedelia
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amWKVFY40Xs&oref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DamWKVFY40Xs&has_verified=1
>>
>>27640699

yes

It's good fucking music, along with classic rock, prog rock, and classical. What do you listen to, faggot?
>>
>>27640824
I can relate to at least some punk rock on a personal level. If you look at all the other genres I listed that's probably the main attraction. With metal it's either teenager bullshit or manchild bullshit.
>>
File: nile.gif (23 KB, 400x219) Image search: [Google]
nile.gif
23 KB, 400x219
>>27640699
>>your age
>>do you still listen to metal?
yes
>>if no, what other genres of music? (rock, jazz and classic don't count)
>>if yes, why? (saying things about posers and not being a pussy don't count)
because i appreciate the musicality and technicality of (death) metal musicians and the lyrical content of some bands.

my favorite band is nile.

>technical death metal from south carolina about ancient egypt and Mesopotamia
>>
>>27641164
>metal
>disturbed
normie detected
>>
>>27640699
>still
Fuck off with your loaded question.
You obviously think there's something immature about the 'genre', if you can call it that.
These are both 'metal'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPoMA5EGnLc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2XdmyBtCRQ

If you have any taste at all, you fucking like the Melvins.
If you like Motley Crue, you're 50 and may or may not suck old dude cock in the gym sauna.
>>
File: feelbucks girl.png (20 KB, 543x706) Image search: [Google]
feelbucks girl.png
20 KB, 543x706
>>27641223
y u mad th0
>>
>age
>metal?
never really listened to it alot but once in a blue moon will put some on (funeral doom or dsbm if anything)
>prog, zolo, experimental pop, psychedelic, slowcore, drone or some combination of the above most don't really fit well into genres though
>metal i do listen too
because metal has some very interesting and experimental musical ideas, and very strong atmospheres which really appeal to me Metal is probably the genre where experimental stuff is the most popular out of any "genre" and deserves alot of respect for that.

metal is also super fucking diverse so just dismissing it is pretty asinine though even the most generic dad rock tier stuff is still solid, better then generic meme indie band that is popular nowadays
>>
>>27641084
senpai, if you ate nothing but a certain kind of food... I don't know... lasagna let's say, for years and years and years there is absolutely nothing wrong with one day going "hey I'm actually kind of really sick of this it's always the same thing with maybe some minor changes. I want to eat something else! Maybe I'll try eating soup and sushi now!.

Same thing with music.
>>
>rock, jazz, classic don't count
found the underage normie
>>
File: No Thanks.jpg (118 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
No Thanks.jpg
118 KB, 960x540
>>27641223
>Melvins
Good taste
>Motley Crue
>metal
wew this is pretty fucking disgusting.
>>
>>27640699

Not really but I might feel like going to youtube and looking one up once in a long while.

I moved on to mainly electro (Daft Punk, Justice, and the like) but I listen to anything with good bass and strings.
>>
I still listen to some metal but it's pretty much exclusively black metal or avant-garde atmospheric ambient hipster bullshit. I mostly listen to break core and classical now. I have shitty taste but it's what I like.
>>
>>27641269
>metal is also super fucking diverse

it ranges from brutal to dark

so... yeah I guess that's some sort of diversity I suppose, occasionally there's also some sort of piratemetal meme band as well.
>>
>>27641281
I know. That's my point.
Motley Crue IS metal and sad as that is, it proves the point that you cannot make any generalizations about people who listen to 'metal'.
>>
>>27641273
found the underage dadrock tripfag
>>
>>27640699
>Age
>Do you still listen to metal
On occasion
>What other genres

This is the only song for me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJWmNVbOqE8
>>
>>27641271
that's a poor analogy because unlike lasagna there's a shit ton thousands of various metal bands that incorporate their own style into the genre and with such a diverse genre the experimentation is endless i've been listening to metal since elementary school i'm still listening to it and still finding new and interesting bands you just are bitter towards the genre because you can't connect with the aggression and lyrical content
>>
>>27641313
Musically diverse, you know what should actually matter the most for music, if you just want lyrics read poetry.

Though there is plenty of positive/uplifting metal music though it is admittedly less popular
>>
>>27640699
>>your age
no
pstrance/psybient
more relaxing and thought provoking which occupies my mind instead of my mind being occupied by pessimistic existentialism.
>>
>>27640699

>age
>still listen to metal?
Yup, but significantly less than when I was a teenager. I also listen to rock, punk, hardcore, grunge, and classic rock.
>why do I still listen to metal?
There's a lot of variation and "Metal" is a very broad term these days. Sludge is completely different than death metal, for example. If I feel like shit, some death or thrash can provide a bit of catharsis. If i'm just relaxing, then some classic Maiden or Sabbath are nice to listen to. Really though, the good musicians in any genre make good music, and I'm all about good music.
>>
>>27641313
see
>>27641223
It ranges a lot more than you think.
>>
>>27640699
>age
depends on the band
>if no, what other genres of music?
punk folk, industrial, alternative, trip-hop, some electronic, RARELY j-pop like vocaloid
>if yes, why?
i like the raw style of a lot of metal. that's all.
>>
>>27641349
>diverse genre
>you can't connect with the aggression

well which one is it?

>>27641359
brutal/dark also encompasses the musical spectrum.
>>
>>27641313
>it ranges from brutal to dark

This is clearly coming from someone who doesn't listen to the genre, but judges it anyway based off of very limited exposure..
>>
>>27641223
hip-hop also encompasses everything from Will Smith to Wu Tang clan.

I would also raise an eyebrow at someone who only listened to that one genre of music.
>>
File: the dance of my people.gif (396 KB, 233x198) Image search: [Google]
the dance of my people.gif
396 KB, 233x198
>>27641464
you're right, I remember all those fun metal songs about being happy and dancing the night away with your friends & falling in love.
>>
File: 1378888059860.jpg (34 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
1378888059860.jpg
34 KB, 650x650
>>27640699

>metal fags thread
>hurr jazz doesn't count
>>
File: 1302485274401.jpg (51 KB, 624x352) Image search: [Google]
1302485274401.jpg
51 KB, 624x352
>>27641313
Can you just delete your shitty thread?
You don't know dick about music and worse yet, you're doing some blanket case study on a group you think is homogeneous based off your high school peers.
>>
>>27641510
The music the people in your gif are dancing too comes from punk not metal, totally different things.
>>
>>27641510

Ever heard of power metal? Happy songs galore. They're even written in a major key most of the time to maximize the effect. Lots of folk metal is like that too.

Shit son, you're only putting your ignorance on display. Just stop.
>>
>>27641510
Bitch, progressive (prog) metal is a fucking thing.
Delete your shitty thread.
Some crab-core emo fucked your slut high school GF and now you wanna demonize something you can't even define.
>>
>>27641524
No need to be so brutal with me senpai I was just making an observation

>>27641521
jazz directly overlaps into metal, I was just curious to see how many people listen to unrelated music genres.

It's like saying " oh I grew out of eurodance but now I listen to liquid dubstep"
>>
>>27641589
>jazz directly overlaps into metal
???
what?
>>
>>27641598

There are metal bands with jazz influence. Maybe that's what he means.
>>
>>27641579
>power metal
>folk metal
>Happy

99% of those songs are about slaying dragons and riding lightning and summoning wizards. I don't really relate to that senpai even though I do like playing fantasy RPGs.
>>
>>27641621
there is literally any X genre band with literally any influence that is asinine
>>
>>27641313

Beside Black Metal, Grindcore & Doom It is pretty much soft as a music genre. Basic kiddy stuff if you're looking for faster and more intense music.
>>
>>27641589
>>27641510
>>27641412
>>27641313
>I literally understand nothing about music theory but would like to have a strong opinon anyway: The Posts
>>
>>27641637
You admitting 1% exists that isn't that and is happy then proves you wrong. Your argument could fall apart with literally one metal band making one happy song (if it doesn't have wizards in it because that doesn't apply for you)

>>27641660
seconding this
he also knows nothing about forming coherent arguments
>>
>>27641637

I dunno, I'd be pretty happy about dragons getting slain. I thought they were supposed to be a menace. Wizards are a fun topic and riding lightning is more metallica's deal, but whatever lol. I don't really relate to those topics either, but that's kind of beside the point isn't it?

There's a lot of happy power metal songs. Your argument is shit. Just stop.
>>
>>27641598
>>27641621
Any Mike Patton or John Zorn project, mathcore, jazzcore even, etc.

>>27641638
yeah but they DIRECTLY overlap.

I don't see any R&B metal bands or a trancecore scene.
>>
>>27640699

I listen to not-edgy metal like iron maiden, sabaton or w.a.s.p' newer stuff

Not really sure why i like it but i just do
>>
>>27640699
>>your age
18-ish
no, never did. listened to a metallica song a few nights ago because i thought it might be something good, got bored 3 mins in.
pop, alternative rock, movie OSTs, gta radiostation music
>>
>>27640699
>your age
yes
>if no, what other genres of music? (rock, jazz and classic don't count)
i still listen to other genres like math rock, rock, jazz, prog rock, some rap, and experimental stuff
>if yes, why? (saying things about posers and not being a pussy don't count)
because i find beauty in the distorted notes
>>
>>27641713
>>27641728
>>27641313
>there's also some sort of piratemetal meme band

being happy and making fun music isn't hardcore enough unless it's hiding behind some sort of vikingcore or folk metal gimmick.

Hey maybe there's even fun metal songs about beer.
>>
>>27640699
>27
>Yes, but not the really edgy bands like Cradle of Filth.
>I just like the way it sounds..
>>
>>27640699
>age?
>do you listen to metal?
yes
>why?
I enjoy the sound

I primarily enjoy 90s death metal, post-metal, and some prog
>>
>>27641748
Experimental artists will take stuff from everything, if you look there will be some combination of every 2 genres at some point.
>>
>>27640699
What are you trying to say? Metalheads are angry and immature?

OMG KILL YOURSELF YOU PUSSY FAGGOT I BET YOU LISTEN TO HOMO MUSIC LMAO GO FUCK YOURSELF
>>
>>27641781

>being happy and making fun music isn't hardcore enough unless it's hiding behind some sort of vikingcore or folk metal gimmick.

So? it's still metal isn't it? You said that metal ranged from brutal to dark. I provided examples to the contrary, and now you're trying to change the subject because you've been proven wrong.
>>
>>27641871
>combination of every 2 genres

So where are the R&B metal bands and the trancecore scene?

With jazzcore it has been done so many times and by so many artists that it became its own genre.
>>
>>27641880
>trying to change the subject because you've been proven wrong

I already said from the beginning that the "happy" metal is disingenuous and hiding behind some sort of gimmick, and you proved me right with more examples.

No other genres of music have to mask their non-brutal emotions like that.
>>
>>27641880
You didn't just provide examples he literally admitted happy metal exists that isn't about wizards and shit
>>27641637

i'm sure he will move the goal post again and refuse to admit he is wrong even though he never really constructed any real argument in the first place

>>27641922
core comes from hardcore
thats punk
punk is not metal

i do know some electronic grindcore music though
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlXLd4svVSo
cybergrind is the genre
im not really a fan but it does exist
>>
>>27640871
>Meshuggah, BTBAM
My nigga, I love metal/punk and have been since I was 15. I'm 27 now still listening to bands like SOAD, As I lay Dying, Black Dahlia Murder, Trivium, Whitechapel, and quite a few more but that's what I can remember.
>>
>>27641964
speaking of moving goalposts, you seem to think that cybergrind = trance music.

>core comes from hardcore

oh well I guess the guy who listed The Melvins was wrong, and that means that thrash metal and crossover genres also aren't really a thing.

and look you listed me a -core (electronic grindcore) example as an example of metal fusion, what gives? is "-core" metal, or is it not? You're all over the place senpai
>>
>>27642080
>cybergrind = trance music.

* any electronic music = trance music
>>
>>27642138
Obviously bullshit here.
>>
>>27642080
Again you literally already admitted you were wrong and have just ignored everyone objectively disproving your argument. You said influence is enough and I posted you something showing electronic influenced grindcore.
Howabout this, stop coming up wiht random bullshit for a second and actually post a post stating your thoughts on metal so I can with ease prove you wrong because you yourself already conceded what we are talking about now.

here is some trance metal though ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ORkWfLeg5s
>>
>>27642161
how is it bullshit? electro is a wide and varied music style with loads of genres and subgenres. Trance is nothing like brostep or eurodance or cybergrind or gabber.
>>
>>27642224
>electro
>music
its literally just variations on a bpm and maybe one sytnh sounds kind of different. EDM is just what its called for short as that is all it is.
>>
>>27642201
jesus christ that video man, those are neither metal nor trance. Brocore mixed with synths and brostep.
>>
>>27642261
and yet you accuse me of being a close-minded asshole who pigeonholes and generalises all of metal into one homogeneous blur.
>>
>>27642273
Yes because mixing 2 genres makes it neither that's kind of the point I was making. Unless your talking about genre hopping music

>>27642305
EDM isn't all electronic music however the stuff that is is incredibly formulaic and should be pigeonholed.
Metal has incredibly diverse composition and structure and combining all of it just shows ignorance. Some electronic music is good but I have a very strong feeling you've never listened to it.

more edm/metal music https://youtu.be/zVoXgsYuq68

also for example
Progressive in music typically indicates more complex composition and musicians/composers properly trained in theory.
in EDM it literally means (progressive house) wow it builds up dramatically XD

EDM is for literal children
>>
>>27642284
Well it's not, it's breakcore mixed with baroque singing and metal guitars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4MzEunZ7i4
>>
>>27640699
jesus christ
give him long hair and he is literally me when i was 16

now i'm 23 and obsessed with japanese anime music
not sure if i've gotten better or worse
>>
>>27642392
>more edm/metal

cool man, I was asking for specifically trancecore (as well as R&B metal), not any run of the mill generic "metal with synths" that has been a thing now for decades since at least Frontline Assembly
>>
>>27642458
Japanese anime music often includes a lot of metal senpai, so it's a coin toss.

Anime music is proobably one of the most diverse things (not really a genre) of music out there. Anything from metal to j-pop and everything in between.
>>
>>27642458
Depends do you literally just listen to OPs or do you look more into the artists
if you just listen to music from anime you like worse if you look for more better
>>27642459
im not going to respond till you post an actual argument so you can't just move goalposts
>>
also speaking of here is some jpop/idol music mixed iwth metal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rehz5z0uuWA

and not babymetal that shit is for pussies/faggots
>>
>>27642486
>>27642458
Also I really like the one punch man theme.

Not the intro song (although it's okay) but the actual theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8XaV1yjabk
>>
>>27642524
some soundtracks can be really good i've been listneing to joe hisaishi alot recently (most known for the studio ghibli soundtracks but i like takeshi kitano alot and he does alot of his soundtracks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQVk6Iu5lFI
>>
>>27642497
senpai you're the one who proved me right from the very beginning and then retroactively accused me of moving the goalposts, as well as moving the goalposts yourself.

This has been our discussion for the lasts 6 or 7 posts.
>jazz directly overlaps into metal
>no it doesn't if you look you'll find combinations of every two genres
>okay so where's trance-metal
>nowhere, because I think that all electronic music the same while metal is incredibly nuanced and varied, here's some metal bands with synths and electro elements which I think counts as trance music now stop moving the goalposts
>>
Some of you might appreciate this band, relativity unknown but really good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=St6_irBfMKw
>>
>>27642645
yeah man I love the band Immortal that sounds exactly the same as every other black metal band
>>
>19
>yes
>because Burzum is really good
>>
>>27642520
BiS tried way too hard to be brutal and edgy, and Babymetal is now boring dadrock.

Ladybaby knows that jpop and metal are a joke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oA6UYTbOEMQ
>>
>>27640699
>24
>stopped listening to metal 6 years ago. It was mostly glam metal like ratt and WASP
>Twee, triphop, dream pop
>>
File: varg.jpg (72 KB, 500x568) Image search: [Google]
varg.jpg
72 KB, 500x568
>>27642691
>19
>Burzum is really good

that's cute. It's like when you first discover your dad's Beatles or Led Zeppelin or Ramones records. It's meme music more appreciated for its cultural value.
>>
>>27642630
I meant this thread which you seem to have totally given up on the original point

>no it doesn't if you look you'll find combinations of every two genres

I didn't say this and it's self contradictory

I posted trance metal as I said you can't combine them and expect it to sound like both it takes elements from each
In terms of rnb funk metal is a genre which literally you posted an artist from
Just scroll through a mr bungle album and you will find some sections which are arguable rnb

>>27642725
its fun
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkabBg0rMek
their noise project is my most listened to jpop though I dont really listen to much past jun togawa and shiina ringo
>>
File: 1457752898962.jpg (634 KB, 2943x2155) Image search: [Google]
1457752898962.jpg
634 KB, 2943x2155
>>27642758
>that's cute.

Opinion discarded
>>
>>27642758
desu someone not liking any "dad rock" is a great sign they listen to music to be cool more then just because they enjoy music.
>>
>>your age
occasionally
I listen to a wide variety. Why don't those count? Too "fedora" for you? I've been involved in classical and jazz instrument playing for a while and like the music. Doesn't mean I can't appreciate some pop or folk or whatever. Genre labels are kinda silly.
Sometimes it just feels good to listen to. It can have interesting things going on. Shame to write off all that music because of prejudice.
>>
>>27642497
>Depends do you literally just listen to OPs or do you look more into the artists
if you just listen to music from anime you like worse if you look for more better

i only listen to ops and other insert songs mostly
i also listen to vocaloids

the only time i ever listen to western music is the stuff on the radio in ps2 era gta games
>>
>>27642773
>I didn't say this and it's self contradictory

so this isn't you?

>>27641871
>>27641638
>>
>>27640699
>19
>No
>Almost purely romantic era (1780-1900) music and some neoromantic Russian stuff

Anything else is cancer really
>>
>>27642916
>>if you just listen to music from anime you like worse if you look for more better
dude what

>>27642932
I said that meaning you misrepresented my argument
Some influence and aspects of music will exist in other forms of music and do.

You view genres in a way that's too absolute (probably because you listen to edm shit where the music is so simple you literally can have distinct genre difference meaning 80-90 bpm is one and 140 bpm is another)

You are essentially arguing liking jazz is = to liking metal because some metal artists were largely influenced by jazz
>>
>>27642860
Yeah it could be that, or it could be that they discovered all that shit 10 or 20 years before you did and those handful of records and artists got old and they moved onto better & newer things.

I appreciate and liked 70s punk and metal and rock and the dadrock of black metal like Burzum and Venom, but once you've listened to it enough times it's time to put those CDs away and listen to something else.

I just think it's cute when someone first discovers a popular band that's 30+ years old and they still think that their sound is fresh and original, it brings me back.
>>
>>27643014
if music gets "old" you listen to bad music or just lack the intelligence to actually appreciate music forcing you to constantly stimulate your brain by exposing it to new stimuli because you can't actually dive into depth with anything.

>their sound is fresh and original

why does music need to be this to be good if you aren't trying to be a hipster?
I'm constantly finding and listening to music i've never heard before but still go back to my favorite music it's age or the amount I've listened to it doesn't magically lower the quality of it.
>>
>>27643002
>You are essentially arguing liking jazz is = to liking metal because some metal artists were largely influenced by jazz

No I'm saying that jazz is one of the default metalheads' "look at all the other music genres I listen to" genres because it overlaps directly into metal and is well within their comfort zone.

The fact that you're so defensive of that, and also so prejudiced towards EDM really proves my point.
>>
>>27640758
This is just autism
>>
>>27643086
You know that repeating the same music over and over again is actually a form of mental torture, right?
>>
>>27643090
I'm not a metalhead (on my last fm the most listened metal artist I listen to is my 60th most listened too artist and there arent' any more till you get past 300) I just think your an idiot

I'm not prejudiced towards edm I used to listen to it when I was 11 before I actually discovered what good music is.

>>27643172
Yes that the exact same thing as listening to a bunch of different music and occasionally going back to music you are familiar with

also occured to me that by the logic of
>I just think it's cute when someone first discovers a popular band that's 30+ years old and they still think that their sound is fresh and original,

no classical music is worth listening too
>>
>>27641510

Falling in love or having family/friends waste my time has always felt dark and depressing, but things like dog torture feel uplifting and gleeful
>>
>>27640699
>22
>yes
>yes but still listen to other genres
>because they're some of the most proficient musicians in whatever instrument they play
>>
>>27643210
>I just think your an idiot
>your

lol, well that's besides the point.

>I'm not prejudiced towards edm I used to listen to it when I was 11 before I actually discovered what good music is.

and yet you've been bitching at me because when I was 11 I was listening to metal and also went on to discover good music.

>Yes that the exact same thing as listening to a bunch of different music and occasionally going back to music you are familiar with

My point is that music DOES get old, and that point you're just listening to it for nostalgia's sake. You know the song backwards and forwards, it's not filling you with new emotions and forming new memories.

>no classical music is worth listening too

You said it not me. Of course classical music is worth listening to especially if you're an aspiring musician, but if you ONLY listen to classical music you might be on the spectrum a bit!
>>
>19
>lol absolutely not
>why dont rock, jazz, and classical count?
>listen to: rock, jazz, classical
>>
>>27642691
Fuck off you edgelord
Grow up. Varg has moved on to better endeavors like Myfarog, the Mytical Fantasy Roleplaying Game.
Which you can google for yourself. It's well worth it.
>>
File: 1000x1000.jpg (33 KB, 704x700) Image search: [Google]
1000x1000.jpg
33 KB, 704x700
i loved sludge and grindcore when i was younger, but i just started getting seriously into every other subgenre.
this album blew my fucking mind and i'm upset i only heard it a week ago
>>
>>27640699
No
Rock, jazz and classical
>>
>24
>yes
>I find it enjoyable
For what it's worth I listen to shitloads of shoegaze and 19th century classical (is that romantic era? I'm not sure).

>>27644293
>yfw I have an original press of that album that I bought for $12
I don't know if it's rare but it's still cool. Go listen to Stormcrowfleet right fucking now BTW.
>>
File: yep thats me.jpg (109 KB, 894x960) Image search: [Google]
yep thats me.jpg
109 KB, 894x960
>>27640699
>>your age
yes
I guess I just like the intensity, blast beats and screaming. Before I started listening to metal I didn't listen to any music besides the halo sound tracks. I mostly listen to black metal these days and I saw Tribulation Skeletonwitch, and High on fire the other night (Sadly, I had to leave before Abbath played). I'm listening to Tribulation right now and I have to say, their "Children of the night" album is fantastic as well as their live shows.
>>
File: death mask.jpg (27 KB, 300x295) Image search: [Google]
death mask.jpg
27 KB, 300x295
>>27640699

>25

>yes

>industrial, power electronics, post punk, noise, a lot of stuff in general

Why is the second and third choice supposed to be mutually exclusive?
>>
>>27644371
i really liked skepticism's live album from last year, and i've got their whole discography on backlog. i guess i'll start them after i get through trouble's discography
Thread replies: 125
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.