[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does a dishwashing job suit a robot? I'm likely about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5
File: the-dishwasher.jpg (79 KB, 500x331) Image search: [Google]
the-dishwasher.jpg
79 KB, 500x331
How does a dishwashing job suit a robot? I'm likely about to start one.
>>
File: JUST.jpg (761 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
JUST.jpg
761 KB, 3264x2448
I a dishwasher for a few years.

It's a degrading, thankless job. You'll hate yourself and everyone else despite having little contact with other employees. Other than that, it's piss easy. Just turn off your brain and wash dishes.

Also, get eczema cream if you're not going to wear gloves.
>>
I was a busboy/host at my last job and the two dish washers were the only people who didn't make fun of me
It was this one tattooed/pierced up white guy with a kid and a lanky as fuck black dude named Tidus
Dishwashers are bros
>>
it's really cool. you can do your entire job without talking to people and you have very little responsibilities. as long as you're getting paid a decent rate it's good, easy work.

some advice, if you care: if chef or anyone on the line asks you for something quick, put that thing first in the cycle and get it out immediately. remember to keep bowl shaped objects upside down to dry so the water doesn't settle. always fill your trays/bins up as much as you can before throwing them in the machine, even if it means losing machine time (i.e., clearing the amount of dishes you have is more important than making sure the machine is running the entire time... ignore this point if you have a conveyor machine). don't worry too much about scraping everything off perfectly, instead just make sure you're inspecting things when they come out of the sanitizer/machine and putting them back in the rotation if they're not clean (spend more time checking than cleaning because 90% of the time the dishes will be just fine with minimal work). lastly, remember your basic kitchen safety rules and always call when you're behind someone or have something sharp etc. it can be hard being a robot in a kitchen, but be confident and don't be afraid to ask questions (especially about where people like things to be put)

worked in the apple (the iphone apple) kitchens for awhile. $15-$16/hr starting.
>>
>>27636089
>$15-$16/hr starting

You lucky bastard. I was paid minimum wage with no tips.
>>
it fucking sucks man
only job i had
now i'm NEET again
>>
>>27635596
>>27635706

Yeah not to mention the fact that everyone else in the restaurant automatically likes to assume you're retarded because you're washing dishes, not that you're just as capable as them but you need a job and did the job they're all 100% unwilling to even think about doing.

I'm a kick-ass waiter and I started doing that as part of a catering company. I always made good tips, but they kept assigning me to dishwashing jobs. Where I made less money and did horrible work. Same thing happened last time I worked in a restaurant, I somehow ended up being the only guy who ever washed dishes despite the fact that everyone in the place was supposed to as well. It was a chain pizza place. One Saturday morning our regional manager came in and I was there first, so he opened the door for me...

And there were ALL the dishes from the night before, just fucking stacked up. It's funny how mad he got but somehow, I ended up washing those too because I need to actually use them. No one got in trouble. The one time I DIDNT do dishes, again that weren't my responsibility to do, the new fat bitch manager got me fired over. She literally said "I don't want to do dishes make anon do it" and left three hours before her shift ended.

Point is -- the dish washing is an essential part of the kitchen. It has to be done. I don't mind doing it, but not being treated like absolute shit because I'm doing it. Especially in places where I'm told I need to wash dishes and bust tables to move up to being a waiter, just to watch them hire a waitress of the street and now bosses me around talks down to me like I'm retarded because I'm doing the dishes thinking I'll prove myself and work my way up. Nope. That doesn't fucking happen.

>>27635779
>>27635706

Basically, the dish washer is the guy no one else likes or isn't part of the cool kid clique so they regulate him into doing something they're too fucking lazy and stupid to handle even though it's easy to do.
>>
>>27636334

Someone tell me they know these feels.
>>
It's fucking shit
Constant stress during peak hours
No respect from the chefs
Boiling hot water constantly on your hands
>>
>>27637112
ik those feels anon, I worked inna restaurant as a waiter/busser, thing is they had me doing both in the same shift, so not only was it my responsibility to bring food to and from tables and take orders, but I also had to wash dishes, all for $10 entire dollars an hour (min wage in california as of january this year)

it wouldn't be so bad considering how good I was at the job, but without fail the dishwasher before me would leave the fucking sink flooded and a shit ton of dishes to go along with it, and the other bitches didn't help at all even when it was dead because they were cashiers or some other position, no instead they fucking sat down with their thumbs up their asses doing absolutely fucking nothing and they had the fucking gall to get pissy when I made literally 3x as much in tips as they did

stupid idiots, how fucking hard is it to not flood the sink 10 minutes before your god damn shift ends

I quit 2 weeks ago, feels good to be free, already have some jobs lined up that will both pay me more and are 10x as easy

oh and they hired some chuckle fuck as team lead despite the fact that everyone thought he was a god damn pushover with a potato IQ

why are managers so retarded? I would have been perfect as team lead, everyone shit themselves when I quit
>>
Working in restaurants is a trip. If you're a good looking guy you'll be a waiter, average looking a server, everyone else you're in the back. Dish dogs are the lowest of the low and you will be treated as such. Then you have your mexicans that do some of the basic cooking shit and a tatted up weirdo chain smoking coke head chef.
>>
I was a busboy for a while and the dishwashers there were the only ones that werent complete dicks. Id honestly rather be a dishwasher than have to talk to customers and shit.
>>
It's easy and a good robot job.

Minimal interaction with others.

You should try to move up within the kitchen and become a prep cook or salad prep person though. Nobody respects the dish washers and if cooks get pissed off enough, they'll intentionally give you shitty, crusty dishes to deal with.

Cooks are very robot like as well. They tend to be socially maladjusted degenerates who don't know how to function with normal people.

Plus, cooking is a skill that is invaluable, and will help you improve your life. Plus you can impress qts with it. Bitches love a man who can cook for them.
>>
I just got a dish washing job. I have only one day under my belt. My boss is cool.
If you get a bad boss then leave. You don't need to suffer there. There's plenty of restaurants.
>>
I hate how they always allow the stacy waitresses to work these bullshit little 5 hour shifts meanwhile mother fuckers are snorting adderall in the kitchen just to get through their shift.
>>
>>27635596
Hey, I'm about to start one too.

My cousin is the manager and is understanding to my social anxiety and she says the work is easy and they just mainly need people for night positions, and I'd be staying mainly after hours to just clean up.
>>
>>27637389

You know it's a paradox. You get good at washing dishes and then people treat you even worse, they take you for granted. Instead of being good at doing dishes, earning you a team lead or a promotion it gets you doing even more dishes...

>why are managers so retarded? I would have been perfect as team lead, everyone shit themselves when I quit

And when you quit they realize the one person doing the job they don't want to do is gone and now they have to do it. It's hilarious watching how butthurt they get. Every place that's done this to me has been closed anyways. The pizza place asked me to come back later, told me they were actually fucked when I wasn't there.

To answer your question though, I swear that food service people are so fucking normie and dumb that all they ever do is hire/promote they're friends or whoever socializes with them. It's why so many dumb fat bitches get promotions.

>the other bitches didn't help at all even when it was dead because they were cashiers or some other position, no instead they fucking sat down with their thumbs up their asses doing absolutely fucking nothing and they had the fucking gall to get pissy when I made literally 3x as much in tips as they did

Oh yeah, I love that. I know that horrible feel dude. It's literally every single restaurant I worked in. While I'm doing three jobs at once, some dumb bitch who has no tables and is literally sitting down texting on her phone is saying I'm lazy and not going fast enough.
>>
>>27635706
This right here fan
>>
Better off being a prep cook m8. Higher pay, low stress, easy as fuck, just like washing dishes.
If you have no ambition in life or are not interested in making money, and would rather just scrape by, a kitchen job is where you wanna be. It's easy as hell. In fact it's so easy you could get two jobs and work 70-80 hours a week and it would STILL be a cakewalk.
>>
>>27637438

I'm glad someone else noticed this. I have a facial deformity too, which probably explains why despite being an awesome waiter and pretty good cook, I get stuck doing the job no one else wants to do. There is a real pecking order based on sexual attraction and the food service industry is filled with sluts too who I'm pretty for sure suck dick for better shifts.

>>27637559

Yup. She gets the busiest shift too! And gets to go home early while everyone else busts their ass. Of course, fat fuck manager wants to bang her. I worked at a pub as a busser and we had ONE male waiter, ever and about 5 waitress and SEVEN different cute female bartenders who all worked a different night.

Hmmm... It's almost as if the horny, sleezy, fat perv from Boston was just hiring hot girls because they're hot! And they wonder why the restaurant tanked so hard.

Also I used to watch "mystery diners" and those undercover boss shows. I've noticed the literal same pattern in every restaurant they are in. Good looking people in front and lesser people in the back. You can say it's good for business, but I'm real sick of dumb Chad's and Stacey's who fuck my order up.
>>
File: p.png (108 KB, 400x381) Image search: [Google]
p.png
108 KB, 400x381
>>27637855
here's a piece of comedy gold and or rage fuel for ya

the cashier girl asks me to cover her all the time to take breaks and what not, this one time she was chatting with her friend and a customer comes up with no one at the register, and so I figured I'd cover for her, the jealous bitch literally screams at me in front of the customer because I "am not allowed to use the cash register"

the customer stood there with his mouth open looking shocked because I completed the transaction just fine and ffs she'd specifically *asked* me to cover for her on the same exact register before so how the fuck is she going to tell me I can't use it

that's the thing, I covered *everyones* positions when they were either not doing their jobs or needed a break, and the managers adored me for it, they'd keep me officially as dish washer for an eternity if they could because I'm doing everyone elses job anyway for $10/hr fuck

anyway she bitched about me to the manager who essentially told her to shut the fuck up because the owner of the restaurant had specifically told us to be able to learn and cover every position nomatter what our official job title is

fuck dude, I don't even want to talk about this anymore, I'm just glad it's over, just realize you're not alone, smart/hard workers aren't always appreciated until they're gone
>>
File: 1459743387968.jpg (66 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1459743387968.jpg
66 KB, 1280x720
It's fucking awful. Most disgusting, dirty, stressful job I've ever had.

I'd rather be dead than work in a restaurant again, especially if it involved touching grimy, disgusting dishes that normies slobbered on. By comparison, retail is heaven.

It's better to be HOMELESS than be a dishwasher.
>>
>>27638665
>It's better to be HOMELESS than be a dishwasher.
yep
>>
>>27638293

Oh yeah and I'm positive the only reason she flipped at you is because she was thinking "if he's doing my job in this one split second, it might make ME look BAD somehow!" And had the typical female over-reaction to someone seeing evidence that she might be useless.

> I'm just glad it's over, just realize you're not alone, smart/hard workers aren't always appreciated until they're gone

I'll leave you in peace than anon. But you're right, when one of my old managers asked me to come back to work for them or said I could if I wanted to, it made me feel appreciated for once. Because they don't realize how much you were helping them until you're gone and they have to work with Joe "Skeezy Lil' D" Retard.
>>
>>27635779
What city?

blox
>>
>>27636089
I don't get your point about filling trays/dish racks before putting them in the machine. I always just try to keep the machine running because you can always be filling another rack while the machine is running. I always see newer dishwashers filling up the entire rack as much as they can and then putting them in and they are slower because of it.

That being said, you should be able to fill an entire rack and unload the last ran rack in the time it takes for the machine to run.
>>
>>27636334
>dishwashers, food runners, and cooking line all get paid the same
>would rather wash dishes because line is fucking exhausting physically and mentally
>never put on dishes because best line worker

It's easier to move up from line but goddamn it's just not fair right now.
>>
>>27637559
fuck i remember that, had to keep a few ritalin pills in a ziplock bad or they would disolve in my pockets from how fuckin wet it was back in the washing station
>>
pretty well. when there's a rush you might be under a bit of pressure, but otherwise it's a fairly relaxed job, and usually restaurant workers are chill people. you will probably experience some bants though, so if you can't take a joke it might not be great for you
>>
>>27635596
I did it briefly in my uni dining hall for few months. It's not that bad but it'll be so much better if you have at least one person, or a qt to talk to. I didn't have any.
>>
Dishwashing is the worst job I've ever had in my fucking life. If I ever end up in a situation where my only option is to become a dishwasher I will kill myself. It's a truly awful experience
>>
>>27635596
Absolute hell, at least where I worked. Closing up is the hardest part of the job since you're already tired as fuck and now you get to clean EVERYTHING.

Good thing for me was that I didn't need the job so I GTFO.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.