[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ayahuasca
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7
File: retreat ayahuasca.jpg (490 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
retreat ayahuasca.jpg
490 KB, 1024x683
Why don't robots book a Ayahuasca retreat?

You spend 4-5 days in the jungle and when you come back most of your psychological issues and fears have vanished.

That's my plan. Don't tell me it doesn't sound appealing

>inb4 it's a drug
>inb4 it's a meme
>>
>>27626928
drug and a meme. It can make things even worse

What you should really look into if you're into that sort of thing is something called Ibogaine. Check it out
>>
>try alternative drugs guys its cool!
>it won't wreck your brain or anything!
>it won't be produced by a dirty hippy with mental problems!

Theres mounting evidence supporting various banned substances but dosing is really fucking important. I'm sure people have benefitted from it but its not a magic cure by any means.
There are far less risky and more effective alternative health means like biofeedback therapy. Provided you have money to blow, you might as well try a bevy of crazy shit from acupuncture(although studies suggest there's no conclusive proof it does anything) to xanax.

Just try not to get into painkillers. Ibuprofen + Acetaminophen(tylenol) is just as effective with less complications and addiction risk.
>>
Stupidest fucking shit ever.
My friend started with shrooms and now he's booking a trip to Peru for this garbage with some retard from his work that enables this crap.
Since he's started this shit he's dropped out of school, doesn't have any hobbies, but hey at least he can cover his room in tapestries and be spiritual.
Fuck psychedelics.
>>
>magical thinking

Tryptamines are good for feeling connected with the world, but they won't solve your problems. Your psychological issues aren't made of hippy magic swirling around in your brain, they are made of real, well-embedded neural circuits that don't simply disappear when you have a hard trip. They might be fuzzed a little, but if you let your brain go back to old ways of thinking, the channels are still there.
>>
>>27627191

I'm interested in Ibogaine too. But it comes from africa and you can't talk about africa without being called a nigger.

what makes ayahuasca a meme?
>>
>>27627283
>dosing is really fucking important

that's why you go in to a retreat with a shaman who spend his life using the substance to heal people.

>acupuncture
nope.

>far less risky?
what are you risking? your neet life? depression, sorrow, anxiety, suicidal thoughts?

people are afraid to lose something they don't even want.
i'm not into pills. most of them are a cash grab.
>>
>>27627284

being a peon for society is not the be all and end-all. stop judging.

>dropped out of school, doesn't have any hobbies

what are you on /r9k/ for?

i would love to hear what you have to say about him when he comes back tho.
>>
>>27627330
>neural circuits
plasticity nigger
'fake it until you become it' is real. Your brain is too dumb to tell the difference between acting and the real thing.
Too bad for most of us thats nigh impossible because are neural trenches are so deep.
>>
>>27627330

>hippy magic
>i don't understand it so its hippy magic
>i understand how it works

no you don't.
and dogmatic science does not cure depression even if you guys call it a meme. take pill a + pill b and hope for the best yayyyyyy

a lot of people change their life drastically after the retreat. going back to old ways is not possible.
>>
>>27627402
>that's why you go in to a retreat with a shaman who spend his life using the substance to heal people.
I'm sure he's got an eight year degree too
>nope.
because drugs are better right? You're taking a shit directly into your system, why not try less invasive procedures first?
>what are you risking? your neet life? depression, sorrow, anxiety, suicidal thoughts?
Your brain. I've been through a 'simple' surgery and it was the worst pain of my life for weeks after. What was the benefit? Im sure your magic south american drug never hurt nobodies though
>>
>>27627492
"dogmatic" science knows the effect of depression pills is 50% for any effect which is why any psychiatrist will tell you that its trial and error
If you want to convince me pony up some research.
>>
>>27626928

That is really fucking terrible advice. People have died going on those retreats.

Honestly you're safer buying crack from a drug dealer.
>>
>use one of the strongest psychedelic drugs
>lose complete control of senses
>you could have the most terrifying experience of your life
>at best you might hallucinate a bit

No thanks, I'll stick to low-medium doses of shrooms.
>>
>>27627350
Its popularity basically. And DUDE MIND ALIENS LMAO. It just seems like an experience as intense as DMT could do more harm than good for some people. Ibogaine seems like it would be more introspective and make you deal more with your personal issues while ayahuasca seems like it would just blow your dick off

But I haven't done either so I don't really know
>>
Well I'd rather get the Ayahuasca materials legally for like $30 or something instead of paying several thousand dollars to fly to a third-world country where you could get scammed or ripped off at any moment.
>>
>>27627531
>>27627613

>If you want to convince me pony up some research
>only western cilization way of dong this are right
>i love authoriy
>i cannot think outside of my programming

whatever here is your research

keep in mind that your western world is not willing to conduct research of ayahuasca. guess why? money.

http://reset.me/story/this-document-contains-nearly-every-study-ever-conducted-on-ayahuasca/

http://reset.me/study/study-ayahuasca-has-no-long-term-negative-effects/

>Your brain

>The research looked at 127 people who had used ayahuasca at least twice a month for 15 years and compared them to a group who had never taken the substance. After undergoing a series of interviews and tests, the study found that there is "no evidence of psychological maladjustment, mental health deterioration or cognitive impairment in the ayahuasca-using group." The psychedelic users even scored better in some of the cognitive tests than their counterparts.

can you say the same thing about your pills?
>>
ive tried various hallucinogens in my life ayahuasca included, but im still fucking depressed all my problems still exist all that happened was i was left in a state of blissful apathy where none of my problems mattered, this feeling didnt last long though i quickly reverted back to my old way of thinking, and even if it lasted forever i would have just abandoned my current life and lived like a hippie, maybe i would be happy constantly thinking like that, but its not really what i want, i want to be able to tackle my problems and solve them not just ignore them. but thats just my personal experience i feel like its definitely been a positive experience and you can learn a lot but dont expect all your problems to just go away because you took drugs in the jungle, but who knows maybe it could work for you.
>>
File: 1450871443774.jpg (49 KB, 480x443) Image search: [Google]
1450871443774.jpg
49 KB, 480x443
>>27626928
>>27626928

Nah, the psychedelic experience is a doorway which leads to a hallway which leads to only what you want to find within yourself.

In other terms, a drug is nothing but a high-yield (fast but not perfect) technique to reach partly what your reason and heart cannot achieve fully in your opinion. If anything, it is a total lack of confidence in your reason and in your abilities to philosophy to be at ease with life; ease which remains unlikely, given that the choice of doing these drugs with the goal of opening your awareness and opening your mind is already a sign of close-mindedness and poor ability to reflect...
>>
>>27627646

>you're safer buying crack from a drug dealer.

here one or 2 stories about someone dying

hurr guys buy crack. you are retarded. i guess you won't board a plane either.
>>
>>27627745

It wasn't one or two and in one instance the Shaman killed some guy.

Fuck South America, it's a shit hole, and if you're to stupid to see it's all just a scam to get your money then may god help you.
>>
>>27627694
>to fly to a third-world country where you could get scammed or ripped off at any moment.

dude you can book those on the internet. some retreats even have youtube channels. it's 2016, not 1950.
if normalfags can do it anybody can.

>I'd rather get the Ayahuasca materials legally for like $30

that's assuming you know what you are doing.

shamans will tell you that you have to modulate and control the experience with chants, with active communication etc. it's called SET and SETTING. it's stupid to think that you will get the same benefits if you just do it alone in the middle of a crowded city alone in your flat. just no.
you are the type of people that have been brainwashed into taking a pill and wishing for the best.
>>
>>27627700

>>The research looked at 127 people who had used ayahuasca at least twice a month for 15 years and compared them to a group who had never taken the substance. After undergoing a series of interviews and tests, the study found that there is "no evidence of psychological maladjustment, mental health deterioration or cognitive impairment in the ayahuasca-using group." The psychedelic users even scored better in some of the cognitive tests than their counterparts.

and of course nobody to reply to that. so predictible.
>>
File: house.jpg (815 KB, 1800x1013) Image search: [Google]
house.jpg
815 KB, 1800x1013
This is where I live.

Jelly?
>>
>>27627718

you went to a retreat? with a shaman?

>>27627722

dude? you are on /r9k/. if anything you are the one with a poor ability to reflect.

>>27627763
>Fuck South America, it's a shit hole

there you said it. you feel better? next time you begin with that so i don't have to reply to your nonsense.
>>
>>27627894

cool spot.

would feel confy in it/10
>>
>>27627845
Yeah, but all that's a show to bring in tourists. They just pretend to do all this "native" stuff to make the Westerners fall for the colonialist trope of the "enlightened savage". White people are gullible as shit, they're not gonna notice the difference. But you're not actually getting the "authentic Ayahuasca experience" and you're retarded if you think that it even makes a difference. You're gonna be flying out lightyears away so it doesn't even matter.
>>
>>27626928
Because its thousands of dollars and wasteful

Why not just make ayahuasca in your house (way cheaper) or vape DMT (even cheaper?)
>>
>>27627921

you should watch this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dz0XLVUq3WI

at least you will have some basis for your commentary.
you don't know the extent of set and setting. and there you are just talking trash, i can't take you seriously.

>>27627935
see
>>27627845
>>
>>27627967
>Let me spend thousands of dollars for something I can do at home because there's a nicer view
White people, everyone
>>
>>27628028

you don't get it. and it's okay.

>White people, everyone

how would you know? wew. dense.
>>
File: 1428787082257.jpg (38 KB, 612x667) Image search: [Google]
1428787082257.jpg
38 KB, 612x667
>>27627845
>you have to sing le tribal songs and le chants and go on a super epik spiritual journey to experience and enjoy the effect of a drug

kill yourself
>>
>>27628059
Where you're going, you don't need your eyes.

You would know that if you've actually done it before. But you haven't
>>
File: 63798420.jpg (119 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
63798420.jpg
119 KB, 400x400
>>27628083

>it's called harm reduction.
>it's called set and setting.
>it's called maybe i don't know everything and i should trust something who gave his life to find the best way to get positive effects from the substance

typical western fedora
>>
File: 1458673219675.jpg (34 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
1458673219675.jpg
34 KB, 540x540
>>27628090

please. stop. i cringed
>>
File: UatkKan.webm (1 MB, 406x720) Image search: [Google]
UatkKan.webm
1 MB, 406x720
>>27627861
Lack of reply usually means they've accepted the evidence and changed their views. Otherwise they'd still try to fight it by insisting that the evidence is fake.

For some dumbass reason people feel like this counts as defeat, when in reality learning something new and now having more accurate views should be considered a win. That's why they go silent instead of admitting it out loud.
>>
i did but not in propeer forest in peru. did it while camping up north

homebrrewed ayah

got fucked up
nothing solved
>>
>>27628289
>usually means they've accepted the evidence and changed their views

well. if you say so. admitting it would be far better.

>>27628354
well, that's not how you are supposed to do it.
>>
>spend lots of money to go
>stay there, get "cured"
>come back home
>"oh, right. This was why I was suicidal"
there is no quick fix
REPEAT
NO
QUICK
FIX
>>
>>27626928
le walden nature may may :^)
>>
>>27628762

yeah but it's a start. then you can take appropriate action because your mind is clearer.
>>
>>27628811

set and setting. i repeat. set and setting.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.