[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
can we just get a /sincere feels/ thread going? just to ask advice,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 7
File: 1457148627505.png (39 KB, 633x973) Image search: [Google]
1457148627505.png
39 KB, 633x973
can we just get a /sincere feels/ thread going? just to ask advice, talk, listen and just comfort each other. i'll start. i just lost my job today and now i can't make this months bills. at least its getting warm out so it wont be too bad sleeping in my car...
>>
>>27623508
I'm sorry to hear that man. Let's just hope life has a way of working things out.
>>
File: nola.jpg (88 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
nola.jpg
88 KB, 600x900
>>27623508
that sucks man. ending up homeless is my biggest fear ever, it seems like such a hard thing to come back from.

i'm a small business owner. I somehow make ends meet but it's usually with a bunch of bills/payments being a month or two late. Its stressful, the worst part are the phone calls. They call you to "inform you that they havent received payment yet", you make some bullshit excuses, pay late, life goes on. I have an employee that I will have to let go because it will makes things easier without those expenses, but it will mean that I will have to pick up the slack and work double shifts for couple of months, which is something I am really not looking forward to.

Oh, also I havent gotten laid in a year. Last relationship 5 years ago. Balding but coping with it somehow. I also drink roughly half of my paycheck.
>>
>>27623549
thanks man. hopefully only for the month though. i'm surprised anyone's still awake. whats going on with you?
>>
Gotta tawaineese what I do with her?
>>
Stuck at my parent's house.

My only means of making money and escaping was recently destroyed, and now I'm not sure what i'm going to do.
>>
>>27623561
well don't kill yourself working too hard. do you really need to work double shifts tho?
>>
>>27623563
A month ain't so bad. Just hope for the best.

Not much, college freshman struggling with his second semester. I've just lost motivation, pretty sure I've developed (slight?) depression.
>>
Today was the day I set to kill myself a few months ago. I gave up on the idea about a month ago but it's still a weird sensation.
>>
>>27623632
Glad to hear you're still with us. How you feeling now?
>>
>>27623618
I kinda do because all the competitive stores work until 8pm too. Plus its risky for business to fuck around with changing open hours too much. You can only gain to lose customers.
>>
>>27623644
Not too bad really. I started doing things instead of putting them off so that feeling of time passing but getting nowhere is kind of fading.
>>
>>27623508
dang, that's harsh. is sleeping in the car really as bad as they say? just wondering
>>
>>27623623
well its said that the first year is always the hardest. you'll get into the flow of it.
>>
>>27623632
>>27623657
how come you wanted to an hero?
>>
>>27623659
well i have yet to find out lol. but i think it'll be fine if i stick to the whole 24 hour gym system.
>>
Sleeping in a car is comfy af if you fold the seats down.

I want to get an old camper van and park someone. Get food stamps and just chill permanently at wifi hotspots
>>
>>27623613
how was it destroyed??
>>
>>27623667
Thanks, I sure hope so. I'm pretty sure I'm going to fail my psych class (didn't turn in a research paper) but honestly I just want to get by and graduate. I should be more worried than I am
>>
>>27623701
yeah i might just use the rent money i have to buy a cheap van and just travel from mcdonalds to mcdonalds and wifi hotspot to wifi hotspot lol
>>
>that feel when just took a massive shit

God damn this is satisfying as shit
>>
>>27623694
Lol hey it might not be too bad then if it's only for a month. Just think of it as an adventure? Don't let life's shit get to you. It'll pass.
>>
>>27623650
well that sucks man but i guess the only thing to do is buckle down. or do some sort of event to make up the extra money. what kind of store is it?
>>
>>27623711
honestly its just first year. just get good enough grades to get into the next classes. first year don't mean shitttttt.
>but second year does
>>
File: 1440638904150.jpg (61 KB, 604x604) Image search: [Google]
1440638904150.jpg
61 KB, 604x604
I have a friend who's abusing me emotionally. The worst thing is that if asked directly how am I being abused, I won't be able to tell, but I just feel there's something wrong in the way we interact (checked some online resources about emotional abuse - can definitely recognise all the symptoms of being abused). And it's kinda hard to distance myself from him since he constantly check up one me via text or social media. He puts me down, blames me for everything, is constantly negative/hateful. But says I'm his best friend and that even hints on possibility of self-harm (which is likely, since he's done it before). Being weak, I can't outright say 'no'. And only now do I understand I'm being manipulated. But it's been continuing for so long I don;t even feel as if my life is my own. I want to distance myself from him, but he'll make me feel guilty if I do.
So I guess the main questions are: how do you deal with manipulators? how to distance yourself from one? how to stop taking the blame?
>>
>>27623669
Mainly life seemed shit and I figured that probably wasn't going to change. It can be pretty tempting to suddenly wipe out all your worries and problems.
>>
>>27623730
yeah thats what im thinking. hey maybe it'll change my life and i won't look back lol
>>
>>27623757
my mother use to be just like that. fight fire with fire. is there any reason for his latching on? just be a huge dick to him and let him be the one to distance himself. be the person you and him/her both hate.
>>
>>27623659
It's not nearly as bad as sleeping outside of a car. It all comes down to perspective.
>>
>>27623756
Thanks man. I'll try not to stress too much about it.
>>
>>27623801
well, he has almost no other friends, and he even threatened suicide once. so basically he guilt tripped me into being his friend.
>>
>>27623757
Have you tried telling them to fuck off or before complaining about being manipulated or otherwise being weak to strangers on the internet?

That's usually my go-to prior to reading up on internet advice. I sincerely don't see many better avenues of action to take.
>>
>>27623766
Exactly! Fuck it, just act like you're camping in society for a month
>>
>>27623839
yeah but think of it this way. is it your fault he has no friends or his? you're letting a abusive dick make your decisions for you. just don't listen to anything he says and make your decisions without taking his opinion into concern AT ALL.
>>
>>27623839
Listen, he sounds like he's going through some shit, but that is in no way your fault. Don't let his threats affect you. He's using you as a patsy
>>
>>27623865
>>27623870
yeah, I guess. I had this plan to always play busy and bail on any social interaction and just let it blow over with time, because I cant outright tell him to fuck off.
>>
>>27623865
>>27623839
This guy is right. You shouldn't let this "friend" control you.
>>
>>27623899
>thats what i do almost every day to avoid being social and if you can bullshit just right it'll work 100% of the time
>nice dubs m8
>>
>>27623899
I kind of had a "friend" like yours in high school. Letting it blow over is the way to go. Lemme tell ya, shit like that stops mattering with time. Just keep your distance and let time do its thing.
>>
>>27623922
nice dubs as well
>>27623939
I hope it does. But it's just that I have an another group of friends, real friends, and if I hang out with them without inviting him he'll be majorly pissed. I know that it shouldn't matter to me, but it somehow does. shit this is hard, i'm too easy to guilt trip. but yeah, I guess I'll try to avoid him while hoping he'll find someone else to leech off of.
>>
Where are the NEETs who live every single day exactly the same? No friends, same shitty food, same pathetic attempts at escapism.. Are you even real? I've talked to anons who claim to live like this, but talk to them a bit more and they'll slip out something about muh uni, muh ''friends who aren't really my friends''.. etc..

It feels like everyone's roleplaying, are they?
>>
>>27623561
Well shit man, people always tell me being self employed is the easiest career, but do you enjoy it? Like what exactly do you do? Maybe hire some really good managers or something?
>>
>>27623970
well if you talk to them about whats going on considering their your real friends they'll cover your ass and itll be easier to directly say fuck off with a group of people behind you who are on your side. if it does come to that. but yeah stick with the avoidance thing at all costs.
>>
>>27623804
>It's not nearly as bad as sleeping outside of a car
that's a fact
>>27623694
ah, don't let that mess with you then, another opportunity will pop up and get you back on your feet, try to relax as much as you can though for the while, you know, just rest and be glad with what you have for now. that's what I do.
>>
>>27623985
A lot of people like to play it up but ive been true neet and shutin from everyone but my mum for 2 years and it was fucking torture every day
I honestly hope not many people live like it for more than at most 4 years
>>
File: Hiki Life.jpg (163 KB, 700x525) Image search: [Google]
Hiki Life.jpg
163 KB, 700x525
>>27623985
The grand majority of people on this board don't even come close to the stereotype it holds. Actual 'for real' shut ins that gave up on society do frequent the board, but most of them are balls deep in a downward spiral of whatever form of escapism suits them best and people whining about people problems all day on the internet doesn't seem to be their scene.
>>
>about to fail my classes
>cant motivate myself to do anything
>perpetually put everything off
I know these are common problems but i feel like a fucking prisoner and also the warden at the same time
>>
>>27624045
seems about right..

>original commento
>>
>>27624050
uni or highschool?
>>
>>27623757
just tell him to fuck off
block and delete

if he kills himself it's cus he's a retard
>>
>>27623985
I was like that for a few years. I was honestly kind of surprised there is people possibly like me on r9k and tried to convince myself I wasn't a neet.
>>
>>27624045
How do you even find escapism for so many years?
>>
>>27624072
Uni my man
>>
>>27624099
Legitimate mental conditions combined with basically the same shit you waste free time on, they just get the time to truly dedicate themselves to it. Most of them seem to compulsively collect things as well.
>>
>tfw your posts always kill threads
I'm sorry guys
>>
File: 1450568469684.png (501 KB, 647x633) Image search: [Google]
1450568469684.png
501 KB, 647x633
I've come to the conclusion that I'm going to die alone, not just because I'm an eyesore, but also because of the person I am.

I'm horrible with people, I find it hard to know what they're thinking, and I can never really trust what they say. I'm so bad with putting my thoughts into words that I'm having trouble writing this even though I had this big rant planned out two minutes ago.

The anxiety and paranoia also stops me from ever wanting to get a job and I keep having this reoccurring fantasy of a women letting me be her house husband because she understands the way I feel and accepts me for who I am, but I keep reminding myself that it's unhealthy to think that because I'm going to have to grow up and deal with life eventually by myself.

I am busted desu
>>
>>27624185
I know your feela man
I always plan ahead what to say in social situations and then when one actually happens i go full tomoko and stutter and my mind just fucking blanks and all i can think of is just shutting down the encounter as quickly as possible
I just dont get people man
>>
>>27623991
I don't not enjoy it, if that makes any sense. Its basically a home depot kind of store, a lot of gardening shit too, some tools. Home stuff, flower pots, tables, chairs, that kind of stuff. I feel like im doing something that is frowned upon because I dont have a degree. Usually when I talk to people I just say that I "work in that one shop", I dont say I am the owner or anything like that. When you do it also kinda seems like boasting.

As every job, it has pros and cons. Pros are really nice - you are your own fucking boss. I got 15 minutes late this morning, typing this from workplace. Zero fucks given. I can close the shop for 15 minutes and hop off to get a slice of pizza or something. Nobody is looking over your shoulder. If I want to, I can do fuck all today and just shitpost, and leave all the paperwork for last day this week. Another plus is that you always have money on you. Not a lot but you are never flat broke that you cant order food or go out for drinks because you always have that day's till cash.

Bad things are... well, bad. You have fixed expenses every few days. First week of the month is your employee's salary. Second week is your taxes and 401k tax thingy (not sure about english terms for that, basically your retirement fund paying). Third week is bills, both store and home bills. Inbetween you also have to pay for your inventory shippings. It's that tight that you can never go to the bank and raise your entire salary at once because it would set you back too much, instead you skim back every day a bit so that you don't affect things too much. Oh, you also have to pay your accountant, yearly taxes (10% of total positive annual income) etc.

1/2
>>
File: 5481684568.gif (1 MB, 310x312) Image search: [Google]
5481684568.gif
1 MB, 310x312
I'm a 20 year old guy living in New York with pretty bad mental health issues.

Disregarding my complete lack of success with women I have actual legit life problems. I got left back in elementary school. Barely passed high school. They gave me tests to see if I was a retard and the tests told everyone I should be an honor student I was just depressed and anxious to the point of vomiting and missing 15% of school risking academic dismissal Kek.

Now I'm working a trade job saving up so I can go to college to get a degree in engineering (toss up between bio med and compsci) and I'm unsure if I can do it because in some ways I'm really smart but in other ways I'm a fucking moron. Scored 89 on the ASVAB which is way better than average so I can't be dumb right?

I'm not going to do this trade forever and if I can't do school I'm literally just going to end my life. Best case scenario I'm going to be in my mid to late twenties with a degree.

Who else /floating through life insure of what's going to happen/ here?
>>
>>27624280
2/2

You also don't really have vacations. Sure, you can close the shop for ten days but that would financially set you back so much because you still have all those payments to make. Last time I had more than two consecutive days off was over two years ago. And those "two" consecutive days are basically twice a month when I go from morning shift to afternoon so I basically have Saturday afternoon, Sunday, and Monday morning. You dont want days off, what you want is a magical switch that will stop the time so that you can have your days off without everything else moving forward but you, if you get what i mean.

All that said, I can't safely say whether I would prefer this over being some generic employee for someone else. Being an employee is great because once you punch out you dont worry about anything else. You are gonna get your paycheck no matter what, you dont worry about anything. But then you have performance reviews and being fired a possiblity, and other things like that. Both have ups and downs is what I am trying to say.

Oddly enough I don't stress over the business that much, its other things that eat you away r9k things. I just want a nice gf to cuddle with before going to work and in the evenings, and to go on day-long roadtrips once a week. Just something to take the pain away.

Having a job doesn't fix shit in the long run, it just makes you preoccupied so that you think about it slightly less. It's still there though.
>>
>>27623757
honestly sounds to me like you are perfect for each other.
>>
>>27624185
You know anon, since people asked me if I wanted to die alone a few times I kinda feel for you. Want some advice? I can help you get a female. Most likely not a fairy tale kinda female but pretty good chance I think.
>>
>>27623561
>I also drink roughly half of my paycheck

well there's your problem you fucking moron
>>
>>27624293
'smarts' without the ambition or dedication to do anything with it will be your downfall.
>>
I'm a female and I am a LOT like you only I fantasize about being the dom one in the relationship and taking care of a house husband. Even though I'm literally in the exact same position you are. Literally crippled by my awkwardness and do nothing in life, have severe anxiety, just low self esteem general.
>>
>>27624352
its literally like 100$ you smartass shitlord.

Welcome to eastern europe.
>>
>>27624185
>tfw my gf would be ok w me being a house husband but i'd feel like absolute shit
>>
>>27623757

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rj2y_8n17SM

watch this. it'll make you understand what he's doing to you a lot better
>>
>>27624375
I meant to link to you:
>>27624185

Original.
>>
>>27624295
You're a strong man, Anon - hope everything works out for you in the end
>>
File: 1437420903840.png (587 KB, 933x720) Image search: [Google]
1437420903840.png
587 KB, 933x720
>>27624265
>i go full tomoko and stutter and my mind just fucking blanks and all i can think of is just shutting down the encounter as quickly as possible
This is the most horrible thing in the world.

I've been to the doctors a few times recently and every time before I get there, I plan the whole interaction with the receptionist only to have me completely fuck it up every single time.

>"Just say 'Hey, an appointment at 11 for anon,' it's easy"
>Hehhy an appoindmen for 11
>"What's your name?"
>anlion
>"Sorry?"
>ANON
>"With which doctor?"
>the one with the funny eyes
After I said that, I sat awkwardly in the waiting room staring at the ground on the verge of a panic attack because why the fuck would anyone ever say that when describing someone

>>27624343
Thanks, but I don't think I would ever work with someone. It's not just my inability to talk to people, it's the fact that I lack a personality and only know how to regurgitate what I've read or absorb the opinions of others so I don't conflict with them.

>>27624382
I know how you feel, it's like the relationship is just completely one-sided and you're using your partner.

>>27624375
Are you doing anything to try and improve? Do you think you'll ever get that?

>tfw spend 30 minutes sitting here trying to respond in anyway that isn't garbage
>it's all garbage
>>
A good friend of mine is going to England to live out the rest of their Visa at the end of this year.

They would like me to come. And I want to go. I've never left the country. I wasted me time in uni sitting inside rotting away playing jrpgs and getting fat. That was from 17 - 23. Yeah. It took me 6 years to do a three year degree because I pissed my time away being what honestly amounted to a NEET.

Now I've graduated, I'm doing better. I'm much /fit/ter, I have friends, I have a job that could kick start my career. I'm 24, and things are on the rise.

The thing that's holding me back from immediately saying yes i will go and get these life experiences is I'm scared. And do you know what it is I'm most scared of? What my parents will say. They've been kind enough to keep my in their house while I fucked around at uni, they've supported me when I was broke. They think I'm living there to save money for a house deposit. They are going to think I'm throwing away a good job and good oppertinities to travel like a fucking teenager.

I know I'll get another job. My resume has experience, because I was smart enough to run a small business doing IT work so I MADE my own experience in the final year of Uni (that's when I started to apply effort to my life)

I'm 24 and I'm scared about what mummy and daddy are going to say about me and MY life.
>>
>>27624733
What degree familiar?
>>
>>27624636
I laughed heartily at your story bro as ive lived it plenty of times
I want the joke to be over
>>
>>27624779
IT. Basic IT. Not Comp sci or electrical engineering or something that would have warranted that extra time
>>
>>27624636
>Thanks, but I don't think I would ever work with someone. It's not just my inability to talk to people, it's the fact that I lack a personality and only know how to regurgitate what I've read or absorb the opinions of others so I don't conflict with them.
Absorbing opinions as to not conflict. Actually, that might work perfect. You know what they say, happy wife happy life. Having a different opinion isn't going to get you a happy wife.

What to do first is get your foot in the door. Honestly for you maybe try one of those penpal programs with an inmate at a female prison. Start off with letters, if she writes you back just kinda keep writing, after a few letters tell her you think you're not well spoke, if she keeps writing back after a few letters tell her you think you're ugly. If she keeps writing back just put a fucking ring on it.
You might get cucked but then you definitely won't die lonely since there'll be other guys there even if they're banging your wife.
>>
this thread shouldn't die yet
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.