[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I feel completely empty and I don't know what to do about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 1440955774337.jpg (80 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
1440955774337.jpg
80 KB, 645x773
I feel completely empty and I don't know what to do about it.

>be me
>last week
>bored
>get recommended anime by weeb friend
>never into anime very much
>watched only two others throughout whole life
>watch anyways
>initially unimpressed, but satisfied
>story progresses, feel obligated to see it through to the end
>spend every minute of free time watching
>take sick days just to watch
>several days ago
>probably devote over 100 hours of my life to watching the show in under a week
>show ends

Now that it is over, now that I have seen it all, I am left feeling hollow. Nothing is able to satisfy this void inside of me. It's like all the characters I got to know and appreciate were violently torn away from me. What do I do, /r9k/? How do I find fulfillment in my life again?

>inb4 more anime
Fuck no. Imo, this was an exception, not the rule.
>>
>>27572251
play visual novels or go outside
>>
File: 52-F-Epi-034.jpg (96 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
52-F-Epi-034.jpg
96 KB, 800x600
>>27572251
Thats how I started too. Used to think anime was that gay thing 14 year old teenagers watched. Then I got too sick to go out for a few days and a friend suggested I watch Naruto. Thought it was gonna be terrible but I was too sick to even play vidya so I though I might as well. That shit was amazing and I felt broken when I caught up with the anime and finished the manga.

Couple months later I saw a snipped of TTGL and decided I should maybe try it since its only 24 eppisodes. It was amazing and I started looking for more stuff to watch. After watching most of the classics I noticed I was sort of more interested in the romance and all the other stuff was just (super interesting) padding.

So one night I got really drunk and decided to watch Toradora because it had a pretty good rating and the cover picture was the most generic thing I've ever seen.

That was 3 years ago and now I play romcom visual novels because I've seen every good anime in the genera. Still watch and read other stuff but if romance isn't a part of it I probably won't touch it unless its exceptional.
>>
>>27572251
You are empty. Anime is not a substantial hobby. I encourage you to look inside yourself. It will be difficult but also rewarding. Calm your mind and investigate your existence. Are you happy right now? Why not?
>>
>>27572435
Well, I'm not bappy because I was born short, ugly, and poor. How in the fuck do you suggest I be happy in spite of those things?
>>
>>27572251
What show fampai?
>>
>>27572505
Danganronpa
>>
>>27572251
What is this your first run-in with fiction in your life? I experienced those feels for the first time back in fucking elementary school reading fantasy novels and playing JRPGs. Growing attached to fictional characters and worlds is a dangerous thing since they're always going to end up being ripped away from you in the end. Such is the way of escapism.
>>
>>27572512
I was very into all forms of fiction throughout much of my late childhood. My favorites were usually very dark stories with a romantic subplot, once I matured enough to like that kind of stuff.
>>
>>27572510
It took you 100 hours to watch 13 eps?
>>
>>27572435
>Anime is not a substantial hobby
I mean, its as substantial as watching tv or reading (lets be real most people just read twilight or ASOIAF).

>>27572456
>I'm not bappy because I was born short, ugly, and poor

Don't worry senpai its just normal post-show-depression. It happens to a lot of people. Eventually you learn to enjoy the ride and not feel too bad when it ends. Its a good mindset to have in general. Lots of people don't like going home from a party because they don't want the night to end, but there are always more interesting characters and setting tomorrow (in both anime and real life).
>>
>>27572558
Nah, familia. I watched the entirety of the video games on YouTube. Since its essentially an anime in that form anyways, I decided not to confuse the issue in the OP.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.