[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do any psychiatrists, or other mental health workers browse this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7
File: psychiatry.jpg (39 KB, 617x416) Image search: [Google]
psychiatry.jpg
39 KB, 617x416
Do any psychiatrists, or other mental health workers browse this board?

If so, why?
>>
>>27573407
No but I am a criminologist. You'd be shocked at how much we know about the type of people that come on here. I mean, you think normies don't know. But I am an ex-Shut-in myself back in my 20s. Now in my 30s being a "productive member of society". But I can tell you now.......we...they...I...know, we, they I...know you better than you know yourself. You think nobody gets you, you think you're a special case, nope.

The scariest part about becoming a criminologist was confronting all of the studies which basically explained my life story, while putting up the act of being a normie. I see it in almost everyone that comes on here as well.
>>
File: image.jpg (72 KB, 492x419) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72 KB, 492x419
KHV here, I work the front desk at a mental health clinic, but its mostly just for the job itself; I don't care about helping the patients or whatever.

It gets tough to watch the waiting area sometimes, we see a little bit of everybody here. Mostly (literally) retarded adults and their broken parents/caretakers, and the occasional Stacy seeking treatment after being raped or abused by Chads.
>>
>>27573537
Why were you a shut-in and how did you become a "productive member of society"?
>>
File: 8nLFCVP.png (51 KB, 657x527) Image search: [Google]
8nLFCVP.png
51 KB, 657x527
>>27573537

Bullshit, the only reason why I come here is for the dankest memes.

Pepe and wojak.
>>
>>27573571
Do you enjoy the job?
>>
Psychologist here. I enjoy lurking around the threads. You lot are an incredibly fascinating bunch. Your problems often mirror that of my patents with social anxiety or depression.
>>
>>27573654
Would you mind answering a question for me. How commonly do people with depression classified as "treatment resistant" end up better, eventually?

Also, do you have any experience with MAOIs?
>>
>>27573572
Dropped out of high-school at 16 because just stopped caring about life, puberty wasn't good, family life was shit, KV etc everything was just shit in general, so I decided to drop out of life.

Stayed lifting at around age 22 (after 6 years of being shut in 100%), then by age 25 after 3 years of lifting it some how made me start caring about myself again I decided to get finish high-school. I ended up doing alright in the final exams and got into university for criminology & forensic science.

Fast forward to now in my mid 30s, earning a pretty good living and able to function with normal people very easily and have a long-term gf who is 8 years younger than me (teacher).

My family pretty much like to pretend that my life from age 16 to 25 didn't exist.
>>
>>27573734
There is yet some hope.
>>
>>27573537
Damn dude

Weakest fake story I've ever seen to be honest
>>
In all honesty with those suffering from treatment resistant depression, psychopharmacology seems to do little to nothing from what I've seen. Not being a psychiatrist however that's not my specialty. I would suggest you look into transcranial magnetic stimulation, or CBT therapy combined with your anti depressants.
>>
With regard to how often they get better? It depends of what you classify as better. Sometimes a new type of treatment can improve your overall life functioning for a bit, but depression, especially treatment resistant depression is a life long battle. It will come and go. Fortunately new forms of treatment, and sometimes aggressive therapy can make people better for quite some time. Remission is possible, just might not be permanent, depending on your situation.
>>
>>27573784
Yeah that's one of the good parts about having that kind of life-story. Nobody besides other people who've been in similar situations can believe such a thing. I am pretty attractive guy, so nobody believes I was a KV until 31. It's just another one of those things where people can't see your mental scars once you get good looking enough on the outside. Lifting and tanning helps a lot.
>>
>>27573806
Okay.

The trouble with CBT is you have to travel to receive it, I know this sounds silly, but I just feel so tired, all of the time, I can sleep nigh constantly, and the slightest exertion feels exhausting. I've left my home only twice in the last seven months, both times to see my psychiatrist. I hd to cancel numerous appointments in that time, only managing to see him on those dates due to feeling uncharacteristically well.

Sorry for moaning, it must be tiresome this kind of rhetoric. I just feel like either nothing can make me feel better, or that I can't force myself to utilise things that might make me feel better.
>>
>>27573645
It's alright, kind of repetitive since its just data entry bullshit, handling copays, and check ins, but there are a few "regulars" who've gotten comfortable seeing me while I get them signed in.
>>
File: descartes.jpg (53 KB, 500x461) Image search: [Google]
descartes.jpg
53 KB, 500x461
>>27573979
Any interesting characters?
>>
Not exactly mental health: I'm a doctor.

I just find robots behavior and world view fascinating.
>>
>>27574126
Fair enough, I will grant.
>>
>>27574058
Nobody outrageous sadly, it's pretty goddamn boring most days. There's an old spanish guy who talks my ear off twice a month while he waits to be seen, but other than that most customers just do the typical greeting, sign in, and find a seat.

I do eavesdrop often though, I can't help it with how close the desk is to the waiting area. Once listened to a guy sing along with every song that came on the radio we have playing in the lobby.
>>
File: 1459410150945.jpg (61 KB, 500x646) Image search: [Google]
1459410150945.jpg
61 KB, 500x646
>>27573407
I wouldnt call myself a mental health worker but i work for AMR (if you are hurt and call 911 for an ambulance in the United States, we show up) and we deal with a lot of mentally ill patients and I'm quite familiar with a broad range of illnesses.
>>
>>27573537
describe the robot profile, pl0x
>>
File: stacy_baxter.jpg (32 KB, 472x472) Image search: [Google]
stacy_baxter.jpg
32 KB, 472x472
>>27574317
feels good to be an ultra-Stacy btw
>>
>>27574248
Any interesting tales, disturbing events?
>>
File: cock.jpg (126 KB, 482x750) Image search: [Google]
cock.jpg
126 KB, 482x750
>>27574357
Cute.

Here's a cockatoo.
>>
Psychiatric nurse here, ya'll make me feel normal.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.