[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is every depression community so shit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: depression signs.jpg (105 KB, 931x667) Image search: [Google]
depression signs.jpg
105 KB, 931x667
Why is every depression community so shit?
>>
only faggots want to talk about being depressed
>>
because every scenario leaves you depressed still

>anon posts a positive response
>FUCKING NORMIE, REEE
>anyone with the slightest of bit of hope obviously doesn't understand true pain
>I should kill myself to get away from these cunts

>anon posts a negative response
>wow, this guy gets how shit life is
>I should keep making posts about hating life to validate my feelings with others
>or maybe I should just kill myself because life is worthless
>>
>>27526430
Because they get infiltrated by memers who think they're depressed when they feel sad about not going out a single friday.
>>
because most of the time there's a hundred of us bitching and not enough support to go around. Women get the vast majority of it

even if you try to integrate into the community, your bonding will do fuckall to actually solve your problems. Even typing online isn't the same as talking about it. It's bad
>>
>>27526519
this though

original post snjdkskfnkskdf
>>
File: 1427376751574.png (89 KB, 500x216) Image search: [Google]
1427376751574.png
89 KB, 500x216
I have all those signs except reckless behavior

How do get the guts to an hero?
>>
File: 1446619394895s.jpg (12 KB, 250x231) Image search: [Google]
1446619394895s.jpg
12 KB, 250x231
>tfw I've been depressed for so long even when I momentarily come out of it I still have crippling short term memory loss and can't concentrate on anything for more than a few minutes
>>
>desperate
>make a post on /r/depression about how I'm feeling
>the only replies I got were:
"yeah man I know how that feels, it sucks" and things to that effect

"here's the number to the suicide hotline your life is precious" yeah thanks asshole

"you need to find god, and I can help you" FUCK you
>>
>>27526628
My friend is depressed and sometimes does random things, like throwing a carton of milk out the window.

I guess that falls under reckless behaviour.
>>
>>27526729
Is he a bitter virgin as well?
>>
>>27526746
No, he's basically a 25 sheik. Muslim, aerospace engineer, has a beautiful fiancee that lets him buttfuck her every time they met and allows him to take lewds from her.
He's the robot's dream come true, but his family controls his every move (which is the source of his ailment, imo) and makes him explode sometimes.

He's done hookers a few times, and fucked other girls, because of this.

He's a bitter non virgin.
>>
there's a reason why depressed people are depressed. that's all i have to say.
>>
>>27526835
wow

so profound
>>
>>27526430
I have every sympton but not clinical depression. Whats my diagnosis, doc?
>>
>>27526519
basically this. communities formed around depression tend to become a mess of dick waving contests to see who's the most depressed and cuhrayzee, enabling and encouraging more depressive behaviour from each other, useless advice you've heard a thousand times, drama and fights breaking out from everyone being in a shit mood all the time, etc.

the idea of having a community where people support and help one another through their depression sounds real nice but it rarely ever works like that. to be fair though this board produces the absolute worst possible examples of the stuff I described, something like attending a DDA meeting is a fucking world apart from dealing with the faggots here who actively want to be miserable.
>>
>reckless behaviour
DUDE WINE LMAO
>>
Because depression is a meme "disease" and literally anyone can be diagnosed with it.

It's essentially a made-up illness for attention whores. That's why it's so popular here and on tumblr.
>>
I am diagnosed with severe depression and I dont ever feel like "ya this is so me XD" when I read online, I don't feel sad or feel the need to talk about it to people (except minor things on r9k).
I really think all these tumblr idiots are mentally ill. but not depressed. fucking attention seeking cunts. wasting resources and doctors times when there are real depressed people out there.
>>
>>27526430
>how does a community rooted in sadness, self loathing and poor life-outlook turn to shit?
gee anon you tell me
>>
reminds me of a time I tried to be part of a depression/self-improvement group chat with people from here and for month after month all people ever talked about was killing themselves but nobody ever did it. just talked about it endlessly, circle jerking for attention and sympathy, getting in fights over someone being "insensitive" when they suggest maybe not talking about how much your life sucks and how much you want to die all the time...

pretty sure every person involved in that, including myself, came out feeling even shittier. whole thing was a waste
>>
Literally because koll yourself.
>>
interestingly enough the people I've met in failed suicide pacts have been much better people all around than the ones I've met in support groups and such.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.